The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stagnation. How to effectively get things moving? Request for feedback.

Anything related to matters of the mind

przyszlymilioner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 13, 2023
Hi everyone! I wanted to present my current situation to you, hoping that someone has been in a similar position and managed to overcome it. You can be brutally honest with me; I realize that I still have a lot to change in my attitude.

I'm writing this because I'm already very frustrated, and something makes me feel like I'm several meters underwater, with a weight tied to my leg that only allows me to take another breath above the water's surface for a moment—thanks to determination, and then it pulls me back down. I don't want to bore you, so I'll get to the specifics and tell you what's bothering me.

I work in a corporation, in the sales department. I ended up there a few years ago when I quit my previous job. Full of determination and a positive attitude that it couldn't fail, I joined a team where I quickly learned new things, and my earnings also increased—something that is clear to me today, we quickly level our status when we find ourselves in the right environment. Going further, I have great people around me, but they are typical rat race individuals—having fun, complaining, doing nothing, enjoying their full-time jobs, and not wanting to stand out too much, just being ordinary people, tied to the chain of the system. This is vividly described in MJ's book. I make attempts to find new people, occasionally attend meetings of such groups, but there are relatively few of them in my city, and they are very rare. Even when contacts were established, it happened as MJ wrote—most quickly dropped out and returned to proverbial video games. Fortunately, I have the habit of saving part of my earnings; I have built a financial cushion, and even if I were to lose my job tomorrow, I have time to think. Ultimately, I am getting to the point that working in a corporation is already exhausting me, draining my energy, and often I have no strength for anything after it. Unfortunately, I am no longer 20 years old but 32. Furthermore, I am frustrated by the fact that corporate sales strongly bends my moral side, using a lot of innuendos towards their clients.

Sometimes, I am so frustrated that I boil like water in a pot, but as MJ wrote, the spike may not be uncomfortable enough yet not to want to lie on them.

Generally, I don't know what to do next; all I know is that I would like to finally break free from this, maybe try my hand at business, but I have no idea where to start, which direction to take, what to learn, and what to do. This is undoubtedly a problem. All I know is that I would like to earn "big" money, maybe create a cool workplace for others, and be a moral person in all of this, not based on fraud and lies. And all of this may stem from the fact that...

Since I was a child, I had many ideas in my head that solve some problems, but my parents always undermined these ideas (even though my dad ran a business), and there were always a hundred reasons why it wouldn't work. Over time, the same ideas appeared on the internet. There was a lot of it, and I'm afraid it's so deeply rooted in me that despite all attempts, I subconsciously sabotage my approach and can't start anything. Recently, I also came across a video about ADHD, which explained a lot to me about myself, and I agree with it because from an early age, my parents were told that I have ADHD.

I don't want you to perceive this as self-pity. I realized that I need a plan to get out of this situation. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What steps did you take to get out of this stagnation? What should I do in the first step, second, third, and beyond?

Thank you for your feedback!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HPC2079

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 12, 2023
You sound like you don't know what you want.

You say you want money but money is just a tool.
You don't want a tool for the sake of having a tool, you want to do something with this book.
So it sounds like you want to reach this 'having money' fantasy but you don't know what's behind that wall for you.

quote"maybe create a cool workplace for others"
Maybe means you don't know.

Figure out what you want.
Be confident that you can do it. You can do it and we will help you if you put in the work!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.