The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some skills that will help in entrepreneurial journery

Anything related to matters of the mind

Aryan12

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
May 12, 2024
Please help me to decide which skill should I learn that will help me to transform that into a business. I am focusing mainly on coding related Skills please help me.
Does learning Ai ML help and if does explain me what will be my approach while learning that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alexander Mish

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 3, 2023
Please help me to decide which skill should I learn that will help me to transform that into a business. I am focusing mainly on coding related Skills please help me.
Does learning Ai ML help and if does explain me what will be my approach while learning that.
Hey, Aryan!
Marketing and sales are evergreen skills - they will help you in everything you do.
You can transform what you already know into business, and learn along the way.
There is no magical button - one super skill that will make you into a billionaire overnight. It's more like a million of small skills and details you learn while actually doing stuff.

MichelleWood

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
Agree with @Alexander Mish Marketing and Sales are excellent skills to hone that will help any business you decide to start.

My only suggestion is why wait, choose a market and find a need. Start your business sooner rather than later and learn along the way. After all we never stop learning.

Aryan12

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
May 12, 2024
Agree with @Alexander Mish Marketing and Sales are excellent skills to hone that will help any business you decide to start.

My only suggestion is why wait, choose a market and find a need. Start your business sooner rather than later and learn along the way. After all we never stop learning.
Hey thanks
I am from India. Btech in Mechanical Engineering so currently I have Skills related to Mechanical Engineering so what type of business I can make from that. Please guide me.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Sales and marketing are the two most important. They will help you and are applicable in all areas of life and not just business.

Next I would say is good writing, listening, and speaking skills.

Some good hard skills might be AI, coding (Python is a good one, also learn HTML and CSS), and things like cybersecurity and cloud computing are in-demand skills.

If you like the idea of selling a product then learn the ins and outs of eCommerce from researching, testing, listing, selling, fulfillment and customer service. Lots of threads here that give you all the info you need.

Try to look at the big picture. You can have skills but they are not worth anything if they are not solving a need. You can have skills, but you still need to market them and sell them (critical).

It may take time engaging in the market to spot needs. I've worked in many environments and after having time in them I started to recognize problems/needs.

Aryan12

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
May 12, 2024
Sales and marketing are the two most important. They will help you and are applicable in all areas of life and not just business.

Next I would say is good writing, listening, and speaking skills.

Some good hard skills might be AI, coding (Python is a good one, also learn HTML and CSS), and things like cybersecurity and cloud computing are in-demand skills.

If you like the idea of selling a product then learn the ins and outs of eCommerce from researching, testing, listing, selling, fulfillment and customer service. Lots of threads here that give you all the info you need.

Try to look at the big picture. You can have skills but they are not worth anything if they are not solving a need. You can have skills, but you still need to market them and sell them (critical).

It may take time engaging in the market to spot needs. I've worked in many environments and after having time in them I started to recognize problems/needs.
Okay thanks this was very helpful

thecrusher

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 8, 2016
Hey thanks
I am from India. Btech in Mechanical Engineering so currently I have Skills related to Mechanical Engineering so what type of business I can make from that. Please guide me.

It’s near impossible for anyone else to tell you what business to start.

Sounds like you recently graduated, keep in mind education systems are set up to funnel everyone through in a structured way; there are rules, curriculum and a clear progression…

Business isn’t like that, beyond a few common sense laws, it’s chaos and you have to learn to navigate it on your own.

The sooner you realise this, the better off you’ll be.

I’m not saying this to put you down, but to save you some time going down the wrong path because someone on the internet told you to.

Beyond sales, marketing and basic finance, being able to spot opportunities is a skill in itself.

Aryan12

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
May 12, 2024
It’s near impossible for anyone else to tell you what business to start.

Sounds like you recently graduated, keep in mind education systems are set up to funnel everyone through in a structured way; there are rules, curriculum and a clear progression…

Business isn’t like that, beyond a few common sense laws, it’s chaos and you have to learn to navigate it on your own.

The sooner you realise this, the better off you’ll be.

I’m not saying this to put you down, but to save you some time going down the wrong path because someone on the internet told you to.

Beyond sales, marketing and basic finance, being able to spot opportunities is a skill in itself.
Thanks it is really helpful

MichelleWood

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
Hey thanks
Before deciding what skills you need to develop, first decide what you want to be selling, is it going to be:
  • a physical product
  • a digital product
  • a service (either in person or on line)
  • E-commerce products
Think about what you feel is achievable in your current circumstances? Perhaps with your background in Mechanical Engineering you could go down the digital product path? Maybe a service - are you able to target the wealthy in your country? What is their need - pain point? What isn't being done well that you can improve?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.