The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Just picked up your edit ZL - thanks man, to even be on the same shelf as MJ is a huge honour. Tell me more about this opening that you see. If it involves me telling more real wealth stories I'm in!
The money system aside, your story actually contains a gem...no BS networking.
I talk often to business people, and Fastlane or not, their consensus for success was 'network more'.
I actually had some bad notions about networking because networking has been used just as badly as social media and reading in action faking, but done right, it really is an important tool to find more people to help.
Besides, networking can produce some high-value leads which can be used as staging point for a more powerful Fastlane play. Think Bill Gates and IBM, Likwid with Lori Greiner, China products and Ali Baba.
You could talk more on that. The reads on that as far as I can see are limited to sales and negotiation books, which are mostly for door-to-door situations, and I have less options for execution.

Besides, you could talk more on the 2X money system in relation with powering other investments to grow money while you sleep. UNSCRIPTED is going to cover some of that stuff deeper, and you could do the same. But it's optional. It is better to have money that 'regenerates' from 'damage' due to inflation or economic shocks!

Anyway, thanks for reminding me! I have to follow up more often on some good works here these days!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Good points. You know why I think networking in real life works so well this century? I think it's because it's becoming a novelty. Real people having real conversations - what a sensational idea! With all the social media and faux friends people are making there's just something electric about a real handshake. When I talk to people in real life (or even on the phone or skype) I get a full communication experience and if I have something of real value it'll shine through. I was genuinely excited about my impending wealth and freedom and even though it (ironically) far exceeded my expectations in so many ways I suppose my actual enthusiasm must have shone through in real life. We all want to be involved with enthusiastic people so I was one. I figured it should also work in reverse and it did.

I didn't know that not going to meet real people at far off seminars was an option. I thought that's what all serious people did. Anyone can type things from a keyboard while flicking snot but when people see it in your eyes - it's real. I knew that if I made the effort to do all I could (and then some) the action and momentum would generate it's own energy and if I met enough people I was bound to bump into someone who could use some of what I had to offer. Add in a good slice of luck (I had a funny story as an ice breaker and we both lived in the same town) and it was the spice that made the dish pop. Once I had his attention though I put in maximum effort behind the scenes. Setting up a secure vbulletin forum and creating all the right categories and setting a theme and feel for the place came at the "expense" of non stop 15-20 hour days but here's the funny thing; It didn;t feel like work, it felt exciting and fun. I honestly felt I was on the way. I was hoping we could make enough to pay me a wage. No way in hell did I ever expect to making that much with such a small community.

It's been mentioned that if you can help millions you'll make millions but sometimes you can also do it by affecting just hundreds for hundreds. People ask me "how do I get people to pay me $97 a month?". Easy, give them something of much greater value in return. The best is cash. In this case they had to make it but with our help they (not all - there were dramas too) made money if they followed the 'king trader. The ones who made the most also thought for themselves. I was one of those and ended up creating a side technique which I went on to tune and sell later (a whole other story).

As for using 2X thinking to grow investments that make money while you sleep goes; in the book I talk about my 3 pocket system. Income is split into the left pocket for the essential expenses (your "X"). The right pocket is for anything you make over "X" and the back pocket is for any money you make over 2X and it rhymes with bank to it goes into the bank - to never be touched and to accumulate and built into a "lifetime supply of cash" (via interest) account. The money that could be spent on growing passive businesses while accumulating your LSC account would or could be used to spend on a the "fun or luxury" of risking it on a business.

But here's something else I learned; big money comes FAST! There's every chance that being in this forum and of this mindset you will develop something that will make you some big money fast and if you can set yourself up as soon as possible in a position of "F*ck you" which is something else that attracts me to the whole "bank and enjoy 5% ASAP" rule that will release you to explore new business opportunities from the position of "F*ck you". I'm not comfortable in the "how to make money" guy role but I'm guessing that with increased financial clarity and specifically aimed financial goals the passive income opportunities are less important than the banking opportunities. It'll also give you a clear definition of what you can risk from which pocket.

If that's too "wtf?!" then I'd say building a community that you can provide massive value in and aiming for a few hundred $97 a month subscriptions is a great path to take. Just make sure that the value is extreme and obvious. I was following FL techniques before they were defined but now that they are I can see that MJ is spot on and I know that from direct experience. I only wish I knew what I know now when on the day I sold but - hey, if I did that we wouldn't be having this discussion and my formula would never have been created so...it's all good.

Sidebar:
The money system aside, your story actually contains a gem...no BS networking.
This is funny because BS are my initials. So it was actually pro BS networking...lol

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Interesting story, thanks for sharing your book, I'm going to read it next week!

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Interesting story, thanks for sharing your book, I'm going to read it next week!
You're welcome Sparkie. Remember, if you let me read it to you (the MP3 is in the first link) it'll only take 2.5 hours at normal speed. I say that because one guy says he listened at an increased speed but that just made me laugh too much so I don't recommend it.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Thanks for the book Bill. Spent the day reading and just finished it. Coming from the FinancialIndependence subreddit as well as a personal finance mindset, it was very interesting and helpful. It's a very good book I'd recommend to friends and family who don't have any idea on finance at all.

My goal since I found the FI mindset, was to get to my freedom number so I can never work again. Easier said than done. But to me, 2x wasn't enough but passive 2x is. But I can imagine there are lots of people out there who are bleeding and need relief immediately and in that sense, 2x could really make a huge impact on their quality of life and money management.

One thing I want to add, your steps at the end go from "Fake 2x" (I forget the exact term) > "Real 2x" > Passive 2x.

For me personally and my life circumstances, passive X is my most driving factor and motivating factor whether the vehicle is slowlane or fastlane.

The idea that my essential X can be covered for the rest of my life indefinitely without touching the principal is such an empowering concept.

The way I view it, I am trying to give myself BASIC INCOME or BASIC PENSION so I do not starve, have a place to live forever, and can have the basic essentials taken care of.

As an example, for the basic essentials which are rent, utilities, health insurance, transportation, food and toiletries, etc. I came out to about $1500/mo. Which is $18,000/year or about $22k a year before taxes.
A lump sum of $400,000 will produce at 5% about $20k/year on the interest. Now it's not guaranteed to get 5%, nor are the numbers exact to the penny, BUT the idea that if I can get to $400k in savings and it will free all my anxiety and potential stresses of being homeless, starving, etc. is worth more than luxury or driving a lambo.

And $400k is a number that many people can actually hit. You may not be able to save $1mil but anyone making a decent salary even if it's slowlane, and with a very high savings rate with compounded interest can hit $400k.

That $400k is now a marker that you will never go hungry, never shiver or worry about being kicked out. You've provided yourself a basic level of income, and by that, a basic level of security. And it's within reach.

At this point where you hit this "Basic Income Level", or "passive x", you can take more risk and work less.

Because work in the U.S. is structured for "Full-time" for most careers, people can't just quit their jobs for part-time jobs. Having your essentials covered means at this point you can rediscover your priorities and possible this just means you can go from requiring a Full Time job to maintain 2x, to Part-time doing what you love to maintain the same 2x.

I.E. Work full-time as an office manager making $50k/year. Now that $20k of your life is covered by your personal BASIC INCOME pension you set up or yourself, you only need to make $30k/year to have that same lifestyle.
Which means you can now open your options to part-time jobs and work less or work in careers that you would normally not consider.

The numbers I used are arbitrary, it's all different for everyone. But going from Income dependent to "no longer having to work" is the biggest step-up and the biggest freedom for many people. And shooting for 2x for me sounds like a long, impossible journey sometimes. My freedom number in that case would be close or past the $1mil mark in savings. But bare bones, BASIC INCOME, "X", just much more doable and exciting.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thanks for your post DC. Seems like you get it and I'm glad it gave you some extra clarity. I just want to ask a few questions though if that's ok.
But to me, 2x wasn't enough
Enough for what? The way I've laid this all out it will always be enough to give that distance from stress that rewards you with that free feeling. If you want more money in your right pocket you can make more money (as much as you like) as long as you spend no more than 50% of your income on essential expenses (not basic expenses - they're a different thing). 2X will unchain the lion of financial stress no matter how large or small that number is. Whatever your "X" is will go you the same amount to spend on fun and luxuries. If you want to have more fun and buy more "luxuries" you have to make more money - as always.

I wrote UMM as a guide to illuminate exactly where that "feeling of wealth" can be found but also as a guide on how much you can afford to spend on fun and luxury given your current essential expenses and what you could consider doing with any excess funds as happen from time to time (bank them) but 2X should definitely be enough but I'd like to clarify what you mean when you said "not enough". It pretty much gives you a grand plan with which to proceed from here. I love this discussion so I'm keen to clarify.

Now it's not guaranteed to get 5%
Yes it is if you lock away your money in a stable bank. I'm lucky in that I live in Australia and we have government backed deposit guarantees up to a maximum limit of $250k per person per institution - we have 4 banks with the guarantee although I'm not sure if that means I can stack up 1m by depositing 250k four times with 4 banks but if our banking system collapses we'll have more serious things to worry about (zombies mostly)...lol so the money is as safe as it could ever be and that money has reached the end of it's journey. It "found it's home" and will be my financial engine forever which will never be spent or touched. If I'm offered 5% I'll lock it away for as many years as they'll let me. I won't care if it climbs because 5% meets all my goals and I can forget it. At this stage I'm not concerned at all with getting more. I've let go of and turned my back on that angst and shifted my focus to living in freedom.

It's a very good book I'd recommend to friends and family who don't have any idea on finance at all.
Highest compliment I could ask for. Thanks.

I get this often when explaining so I want to mention that 2X isn't the end, it's the start. The first lock in point. There's nothing in my method to say you can't keep building business or income until you've accumulated a greater amount. I use lottery winners and mobile app sellers as an example. These people suddenly have millions and millions dumped into their lap. The first thing I'd be doing is locking as much of it away at 5% and then just sitting back and enjoying the freedom forever.

I can't count the number of times I've heard stories of people selling out for millions or winning a large lottery and then still worrying about finances (!). I just want to send them a copy of my book which of course make me arrogant dude of the year but it still bugs me when the solution is right in front of them. They just need to adjust their mindset and the lights will switch on. I guess banking and living on interest just isn't on people's radar as an option because they're so enamoured with the idea that millions and millions and millions are the only solution. Your super low rates of interest at the moment don't help but I'm sure that off shore trusts can be set up and good interest rates secured from various global or international banks. Where there's a will there's a way.

An interesting aside: People who win big are worried about suddenly being inundated with loan or gift requests from family and friends. I have a solution for that too. I'd tell them "I tell you what, I'll divert the interest from a couple of hundred grand in your direction and you can have a steady income for as long as you're not a dick head or change your name to Far Queue. If you do then I'll just cut you off." You help without spoiling.

The thing about living a 2X lifestyle is that it can still grow. If you suddenly win $10,000,000 you will have $10,000 a week for the rest of eternity. I then get people to imagine what sort of life they could live if they had $5,000 a week ($20,000 a month) to spend on essential expenses and then another $5,000 a week to spend on fun and luxuries their eyes glaze over and their minds fill with ways that would be awesome. Of course tax but even after tax (they could have just as easily won a larger or smaller amount so tax isn't really an issue unless you let it pollute your mindset. It is what it is and the after result is all I'd care about personally.

It's not what you start with that matters (so much) it's the lifestyle you can secure and what you get to spend that matters. Someone with $10,000 a week to spend on fun and luxuries per week isn't going to be any happier than someone with "only" $5,000 a week to spend on fun and luxuries. The joy of financial freedom always maxes out at the level at which you're no longer worried or stressed about money. I can have that feeling at any level once I know I have my essentials covered and I have some money to go and blow on anything I want. I'll get just as much enjoyment out of buying an ice cream or donating a few bucks to the homeless lady as I would walking into a car yard and buying a corvette or finding some old rusty brown coupe in a barn.

The amount just doesn't matter as much as the freedom and clarity you now OWN by knowing exactly how much you can spend on everything you want to spend on. I blame YOLO! Life is very long - we just don't need this constant stress killing us constantly. With a simple shift in money mindset we can eat our cake and have it too and yes... that's the right way to say it.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Thanks for your post DC. Seems like you get it and I'm glad it gave you some extra clarity. I just want to ask a few questions though if that's ok.
Enough for what? The way I've laid this all out it will always be enough to give that distance from stress that rewards you with that free feeling. If you want more money in your right pocket you can make more money (as much as you like) as long as you spend no more than 50% of your income on essential expenses (not basic expenses - they're a different thing). 2X will unchain the lion of financial stress no matter how large or small that number is. Whatever your "X" is will go you the same amount to spend on fun and luxuries. If you want to have more fun and buy more "luxuries" you have to make more money - as always.

I should clarify. 2x is more than enough money for me to feel wealthy, I actually don't need much as a person. But my focus has always been on financial security and not having to trade time for money.

If there was a guarantee that I could have 2x for the rest of my life, that would be a no brainer. But what I meant when I said "not enough" was that I can hit that relatively easy with a job. To set it up where you have 2x PASSIVELY, that's the challenge right there.

The concept of 2x is sound, 50/50 essential vs luxuries. I am working towards having enough money saved away or exiting a business so I can hit the passive x/2x number so I can never have to worry about having to work a day in my life.

I used to plan monthly, very income dependent. And then a sudden health situation made me realize, shit. Emergency funds are great, reducing your expenses are great, those are necessary. but my long term goal is to have enough to never need a job again. Or at least save up to the "X" ($400k mentioned above) so I only have to work part-time and at my leisure.

Your book did a good job of outlining this concept and most people can benefit from it.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Got it. Yeah, after "faux 2X" comes "work for 2X" then "passive 2X" is the ultimate security goal.

You understand perfectly. One thing I will mention is that we don't HAVE to spend all the right pocket on fun and luxuries every single week or month but knowing the limit puts us at ease about "blowing cash on fun stuff". Some people love saving money - for them that's fun and if you save your 2nd X it can accumulate pretty quickly. If I use the $1,000 a week for X and another $1,000 a week for 2nd X I can honestly say I've never known anyone who can regularly save $1,000 a week.

Most people embarking on this journey don't even make $1,000 a week at their jobs or businesses in total let alone have the ability to save it least of all blow it comfortably on fun stuff. I'm astonished at how many people fall in love with just basic "Urban Wealth" concept and drop their dreams of becoming millionaires (which is a very heavy first goal) because they only held those dreams because they thought that was the ONLY way to financial freedom. Now they know there's a much better way, most are very happy to live their current lives but just have every day off and a fixed but plenty amount to spend on everything they want to.

There's room for growth above 2X and that's where they park they millionaire dreams. The irony (is that the right word?) is that once you get to 2X as a first step you have so much free time and now also a measured and known amount to spend on growing more without ever dipping back into stress again that their minds (and wallets/purses) will suddenly be open to many more business ideas.

2X is the first step to wealth - not the last.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Read the book in one sitting last night.

It's really good, a tiny bit repetitive but the whole philosophy is spot on and makes perfect sense. Great read and thank you Bill for sharing it.

Such an obvious statement but debt doesn't stress you out. Being able to meet the repayments does!

And like you say, aside from having an endless supply of money, the core benefit of being a millionaire is the "freedom from money worry" which as you quite rightly point out, doesn't require millions in the bank. Thank you!

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Remember, if you let me read it to you (the MP3 is in the first link) it'll only take 2.5 hours at normal speed. I say that because one guy says he listened at an increased speed but that just made me laugh too much so I don't recommend it.

The 2x method at 2x speed haha!

Anyway, read your book when you offered it free to INSIDERS...good stuff. Fits well with how I think. Never really wanted a big cash out for millions...I wanted freedom!

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
Downloaded and listening to it now. Awesome post.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Read the book in one sitting last night.

It's really good, a tiny bit repetitive but the whole philosophy is spot on and makes perfect sense. Great read and thank you Bill for sharing it.

Such an obvious statement but debt doesn't stress you out. Being able to meet the repayments does!

And like you say, aside from having an endless supply of money, the core benefit of being a millionaire is the "freedom from money worry" which as you quite rightly point out, doesn't require millions in the bank. Thank you!
Thanks for your kind words Sparkie. I'm glad you brought that up actually; yeah it is a bit repetitive but I use repetition on purpose to cement certain aspects into people's minds because the book is basically my entire lecture which is my only chance to influence the Minds of my recipients as it's a one off event with a single message.

I (usually) only get one chance to influence so I use repetition to make sure my key points get in before they walk away. I learned the repetition technique when I was trying (trying) to learn Spanish from tape. The method they use is to teach you phrases (say) 1 through 7 but when they got to #4 they would quickly revise #1 then go back to #5 and #6 then quickly back to #2 then #1 again then back to #6...etc in series of eccentric loops doubling back to previous lessons and so on. It was very effective (I can still remember how to say "perdon senior, entiende Engles?") so I adopted it into my style. I just repeated that from memory so it works.

I want people who listen or read this to be able to repeat my formula on a napkin or scrap of paper and share it with friends family and when they're stuck for conversation so it spreads as far as possible.

Even if I had the best marketing on earth I'd never be able to reach everyone so it's up to you "seeds" to get the message out and implant it into wherever you see financial pain twisting people up. I hope it worked. Who thinks they could write and explain the formula to others by heart?

Lol, I should put up a bounty for photos of the formula on napkins around the world.

I know I've said this before but the immense pleasure I'm getting from all your feedback, thanks, rep$ and comments far exceeds any good feeling I've had from selling it. This whole "giving massive value" thing is extremely fulfilling on a deep personal level.

I'm giving one thing away but getting hundreds of things back. Feels pretty bloody good. Highly recommended. Thank you all.

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Wow! Thank you. I'll do my best to distribute it equally generously.

I'm curious as hell to know what affected you so much to make such a grand gesture?

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey V8Bill,

That is such an increddible story.

I love it the way you wrote it (it made me laugh about the big plate of food),

And I love your message.

It's great you want to share this information with us.

I will read and listen to your book, because your story is inspiring!

Thank you.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thanks MB. I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah, it was funny. Here's a photo of me at that table. The buffet was to the right where those two lights are in the dark. Thankfully the table had been cleared by this time. Yep, flamed shirt to represent my hobby (count the f**ks given) so it's not like I was able to blend in. So imagine massive plate of food + flamed shirt...still makes me laugh.
fiji2004-dinner.jpg

And this is me on stage for the first time at the same event a year later.
bill-stacy-on-stage-2005-black-800x800.jpg

I'm no oil painting but it does prove that we can all do incredible things and life can pivot on a dime.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
My global and universal formula for wealth is this.

2X=F/(H+P)

Legend:
X = Essential Expenses
F = Freedom
H = Hobbies
P = Passions

Basically this...

All you need is double your essential expenses (2X) as income to feel wealthy, have the financial freedom to indulge your hobbies, pursue your passions and live an exciting, satisfying and interesting life.

It's so simple. You don;t need to be a millionaire to be or feel wealthy. However if you do become a millionaire that's awesome too but just make sure you never spend more than half your income on essential expenses or you'll just feel poor again no matter how much money you're making. I call it "bouncing off broke". If you think it sucks being broke on your current income it's even worse being broke as a millionaire.

I believe (know) that wealth isn't measured by how much money you have. Wealth is measured by how far you are from financial stress.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant ...

Love the formula. Words to live by .....

Thanks!

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Esquire said:
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant ...
Love the formula. Words to live by .....
Thanks!
It's my pleasure. It's pretty neat. You'll like the book too.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Love the story and especially your writing, reminds me of the beginnings of James Altucher.

Found your thread 2 days ago and already listened to the audiobook and as I had the knowledge of passive income exceeding your expenses = financial freedom before, I never looked further to actually calculate in detail exactly my bare minimum expenses and then give me a buffer in that number for all the fun stuff in life.

Especially as most financial guys teach save save save, as it's everything in life, was quite refreshing in that regard.

There was a great story from a mentor of mine, that fits into:"you don't need to be a millionaire to be financial free".
He talked about a lawyer making 2 million a year and at the end of each, needed to borrow money for his taxes and his secretary making $24000 a year, but saving $400 each and every month. So the Secretary was closer to financial freedom then the lawyer will ever be.

Also when you talked about that more money often doesn't bring you any further in the regards to financial stress, there is also an easy math on how to see that.

Lets take someone with $100 in the bank and the guy earned $1. That's 1% of his total net worth he increased.
Then we take someone with $100k in his Bank and he gets also $1, for him it's only 0,001% increase. So it's nearly meaningless in regards to how his feelings are towards earning that dollar.

One point that I would add in regards to lowering your financial stress quite fast is, having at all time at least 6 months of 1x cushion in your bank account, that you can always access. That's one goal I'm currently going for and should be reached for me in the next 1-2 months.

Another point, that I also never heard before was in regards to Goals, which I find quite true. If you give yourself goals, like I had before reading your book, that say "goals for 2018", you give to nature the intention, that they don't need to be fulfilled right now and they have time, which is exactly the wrong thing to do.
Have already changed all of mine to ASAP! :thumbsup:

I would also like to talk a bit about the meaning of wealth.
The word “wealth” comes from the old English words “weal” (well-being or whole-being) and “th” (condition), which taken together means “the condition of well-being or wholeness”.
Financial Freedom is quite an important part of wealth, but it's only one pillar of 7 if you want to be truly wealthy.
3fe20b6e8101d33d78a62d0a73ca240e.png

In regards to investing I would also like to talk about another strategy, which is so simple, but not many people do.
Let's say we invest into something quite stable like the index fund Vanguard S&P 500.
Which gave over the last centuries an annual return of at least 7%, you can easily increase that profit and completely get rid of the financial stress, with a trick even apes could do.

It's called money time diversification, fancy word I know, but it only means, that you invest not once every quarter or once every year into your investments, but you invest steadily each and every month at least, better every week into it. Through that you make more Profit then most mutual funds and get rid of all stress that comes with financial crises or down markets, which happens every 7-12 years, as you will always have a mean price of the investment.

Another tip for people who are interested in investing into the property market, which you could do right now, with little to no money are so called REITs. Which means real estate investment trusts, that you can participate in through a normal broker.
You basically investment into a fund, that builds and invests on their own into dozens of properties and you not only get a profit if the price goes up, but they also payout dividends every month, sometimes annually up to 10%.

Hope I brought some value, like you did massively!

PS: When you talked in the Book about "The Good Life", in the back of my head I could only play over and over this music video :D

Last edited:

STswiss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 16, 2015
Switzerland
Wow! Thank you. I'll do my best to distribute it equally generously.

I'm curious as hell to know what affected you so much to make such a grand gesture?
Let's say you @V8Bill added a lot of value with this post to my day and according to this I wanted to somehow show my appreciation.
And as a nice side effect, it motivates me even more to not only read but instead to add also as much value as I can to this forum.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Have already changed all of mine to ASAP! :thumbsup:
This is really powerful. I dropped dates on all my fantasy goals when I realised they were retarding my progress like a handbrake. I did some things that were so amazing I would never have set them as goals in a million years. It soon became obvious that setting goals according to what I thought I was capable of doing was a corruption of nature. We all have it in us to achieve things so much greater than we now believe that setting goals with dates really only serves to enslave us to our limiting beliefs.

There's no way I would ever have set a goal to make $10,000 in a single day - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to make $85,000 in a single day - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to build a $30,000 a month passive income within 3 months - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to sell a website for $650,000 within two years - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to send out one email and make $67,000 in a single weekend - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to write a book that would go on to instantly transform the lives of thousands of people - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to be driving a yellow Lamborghini* and living in a multi million dollar home*, have my own luxury yacht*, be speaking up on stage to hundreds and getting embarrassing standing ovations - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to own my own yellow hot rod within 2 years - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to be retired at 41 when I was broke at 39 - and yet it happened.
There's no way I would ever have set a goal to be paid startling amounts of money to fly half way around the world (Haiti of all places) to train people in my special field - and yet it happened.

If I had set goals to do any of these things they would have been tiny (compared to the reality of what actually happened) and I would have set them to be achieved by some nice comfortable date years and years into the future (just to be "realistic") and I would have quit out of disappointment on nearly all of them. I would have failed at them all I'm 100% sure of that because I had nothing upon which to base any of those beliefs. They would have been set just to amuse myself for that day or to feel a charge for setting the goals.

Don't let what you think you can do limit what you do. Get out of your own way and just do all you can do to progress as fast as nature wants to take you. Nature can move you much faster than you can think. Nature can deliver much bigger rewards if you don't stifle her with your own limiting beliefs. Get out of her way because quite frankly we have no idea how awesome we are yet. Not even a clue. The best things you'll do in your life you'll never have been able to predict. Let them happen. Shape and define your goals (or aims) in a broader vein like "I will build a massive community and I'll do it as soon as possible" or the anthem of this site "just focus on providing massive, uncommon and incredible value" - people are starving for authentic value these days. This gives you direction but leaves the speed of achievement, your vehicle and scale and shape of your success up to nature.

Big money and big success comes fast - let it. You have no business setting your own fantasy goals (limitations). Don't put any limits on what you can achieve and especially how fast you can achieve it. Keep your wealth numbers in mind and just aim to get there As Soon As Possible. Cross all the dates off your fantasy goals and replace them with ASAP!

This chapter is very popular and I'm glad you implemented it. You should have felt some instant relief and re-energising that very second. Instant power. Seeing people benefit from my words blows me away. I'd never have expected it and yet it's happening anyway. What a funny old world.

Financial Freedom is quite an important part of wealth, but it's only one pillar of 7 if you want to be truly wealthy.
Excellent graphic. Sadly though, fighting for money takes up almost all our time so once you knock that off ASAP you'll be able to spend your life on all the other aspects of wealth. The ones that really matter like social and health issues. They're the things that deserve our real attention.

Hope I brought some value,
Oh, you did my friend, you did. Just imagine how it feels for me to be hearing your words. I used to be a snot flicking depressed and angry welder and now...I'm not. I'm on my way to becoming an influencer and as much fun as pulling beads is - it ain't got nothin' on this.

Let's say you @V8Bill added a lot of value with this post to my day and according to this I wanted to somehow show my appreciation.
And as a nice side effect, it motivates me even more to not only read but instead to add also as much value as I can to this forum.
That thread had a permanent effect on me too. Thanks again. You're a star.

* - rentals

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
"I will build a massive community and I'll do it as soon as possible"
So true, I need to revise some of my goals in that regard. It's way more liberating and your creativity seems to be much more at work, if you don't put yourself with the goals inside a specific box (niche) and let it all more happen.

You should have felt some instant relief and re-energising that very second. Instant power.
I truly did, like a big rock fell off of my shoulders, amazing! Feeling now a lot more motivated and can work on my goals with so much more energy.

fighting for money takes up almost all our time so once you knock that off ASAP you'll be able to spend your life on all the other aspects of wealth. The ones that really matter like social and health issues. They're the things that deserve our real attention.
Oh you bet I know what you are talking about. Financials play in all 7 areas a big role. I know it from my own experience as 5 years ago I got completely sick, thought sometimes I would die, was depressed at the same time I had no income or made any money.

I needed to completely revamp my life. I know for sure, that while I was in that stage of my life, with money I could have solved my issues a lot faster, money brings a lot of Health and emotional stability especially nowadays.

Only 2 weeks ago I had with a good friend of mine a visualization where we talked in detail about how it would be if we had 300k€ cash right now sitting in our bank account and then shortly after I found your thread out of nowhere. It felt so real and I can truly say, I never felt happier and liberated ever in my life then right in that moment. Now I'm so motivated to achieve it!!!

These are now my numbers after calculating them in detail:
1x= 900€ per Month
2x= 1800€
2x Passive Financial Freedom (7% interest) = 310k€

I can mostly get there a lot faster, when I diversify my portfolio slightly with smaller higher risk investments of around 15-20% later on.
The more money I have in my bank account, the more leverage I'm able to use and higher leverage = higher returns.

I would say that's easily attainable for me in the next years and I'm feeling a lot more willing to put in as much work as I can to get to that point ASAP.
Before I always made these ridiculous goals of million(s) or whatever, that felt like completely out of reach and unattainable.

So thanks again Bill for opening my eyes to real financial freedom, that everyone can attain!

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
So thanks again Bill for opening my eyes to real financial freedom, that everyone can attain!
You're absolutely welcome Marius. I have no doubt that from what you posted above (and our incredibly eye opening skype chat) that you totally got all my points. Your freedom number is certainly attainable and you might surprise yourself how soon it arrives when you take an ASAP approach.

My cosy cockles thank you for your feedback. Glad it helped.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
My God! Reps+!!!!
You know, that formula for wealth, 2X=F/(H+P), you suggested is the same one I target and subscribe to mentally besides the MJ equations!
Except I never took the time to put it algrebraically. Thanks a bunch! But to be safer, I actually target up to 3X at full potential so that my Fastlane has a slightly higher ceiling range! Cardone fans might scream '10X', but I think I'll be realistic.

Crazy story on no F*cks given.
Love it! I did similar networking scenerios at youth uniform group conventions back in high school, and it was cutthroat, but beat mediocrity as a nerd student. I'm not going to derail this thread with my story. Just don't give a F*ck to the SCRIPT.

EDIT: Very good read! In line with the money as a money tree strategy, as well as some finance management strategies. This will help me well to plan for a degree of financial security before going for bigger targets. Very balanced know-how along with the big picture of the psychology of 'millionairism' (that's what you call it?) to pair with finances.

This will be on my to-go-to read list besides TMF and UNSCRIPTED . Thanks again, and I hope you expand further on similar concepts...there's an opening.

holy smokes @V8Bill you're such a hero. I totally enjoyed reading your story, could have read for days without interruption. Downloaded and will be listening to the audio too. Thanks man, much respect.

@ZF Lee thanks for tagging me here, it was a worthy read.
I'm currently in the middle of some work and perhaps I'm not in the position to do these calculations but this read and formula will stay in the back of my mind, I'm sure.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I totally enjoyed reading your story, could have read for days without interruption.

:blush: You know...compliments don't come much higher for a writer than that. Thank YOU.

Let me make the calculations super easy for you. Just use your current income for "X" and start by doubling that. That'll springboard you straight to stage 1 wealth which is "financial relief" from there you'll have a much better view and with your new found clarity the path ahead should be clearer. Then just use the "Three Pocket" system" for all money that comes in from that point on. Super simple money and wealth management that they should have taught us all in school.

I wrote this book to infuse crystal clear financial clarity into every active entrepreneur. If you feel "I think you're onto something here Billy boy!" I'll have considered my job done. I look forward to your thoughts and as with everyone you're welcome to skype or PM me for private clarification if needed.

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
:blush: You know...compliments don't come much higher for a writer than that. Thank YOU.

Let me make the calculations super easy for you. Just use your current income for "X" and start by doubling that. That'll springboard you straight to stage 1 wealth which is "financial relief" from there you'll have a much better view and with your new found clarity the path ahead should be clearer. Then just use the "Three Pocket" system" for all money that comes in from that point on. Super simple money and wealth management that they should have taught us all in school.

I wrote this book to infuse crystal clear financial clarity into every active entrepreneur. If you feel "I think you're onto something here Billy boy!" I'll have considered my job done. I look forward to your thoughts and as with everyone you're welcome to skype or PM me for private clarification if needed.

Great idea. Thanks for ebook and all of your posts. It's been great food for thought.

I make 40k a year. I want to double that. I know I can survive off of 40k in my current location but I can't do all of things I want. I'm trying to figure out how to use my current skillset to get there.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I received a standing ovation for my first public speech...ON THE WAY UP!

You just received another one man ovation right here! Awesome and inspiring story dude, will read the book later, just need to use this energy you've instilled in me right now! :cool::happy::hilarious:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
This just literally just blew my mind. I've never had the words to express something I've always felt until now. Thank you. So much.
That's my job done. Thank you. Hearing that makes it all worthwhile.

Great idea. Thanks for ebook and all of your posts. It's been great food for thought.

I make 40k a year. I want to double that. I know I can survive off of 40k in my current location but I can't do all of things I want. I'm trying to figure out how to use my current skillset to get there.
Just put yourself out there and it'll happen. This world full of people putting in only a fraction of an effort. If you do all you can to find your place and you're authentic in your desire to help people with genuine love - you'll find it. If you're running short on faith - borrow some of mine. I've already seen and experienced enough to know we can all become wealthy. In the meantime use my "Shotglass Method" to have a great day today and every day from now.

You just received another one man ovation right here! Awesome and inspiring story dude, will read the book later, just need to use this energy you've instilled in me right now! :cool::happy::hilarious:
Thanks man! I bow and tip my hat in your general direction. I love seeing this reaction from people. How lucky am I to be in this position? Many people go their whole lives without hearing they've influenced someone in a way that improved their lives. That's all I've ever wanted. I'm glad you caught the ball.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.