The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Social Media Consulting

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth
C

Czech

Hey guys,

Do any of you have any experience consulting for businesses on social media?

I.E, creating a social media campaign, maintaining their social media accounts, building their online brand, creating a blog or videoblog..

If so, what do you normally charge for this?

Are businesses receptive to social media and digital marketing?

Thanks!

- Czech

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
The companies I worked with were generally offline and I brought them online. My thought was to start cheap with them to get their foot in the door, and then raise prices when their eyes were opened to the value. Didn't work like that. They never saw the value and only complained the entire time and thought I was taking their money (which is silly because I wouldn't go through so much trouble for only a few hundred bucks)

If you're going to get into this I suggest only working with people who already see the value in social media, and are trying, but they're doing it wrong. People who only update their twitter and facebook 1ce a week and then wonder why they only have 4 followers.

When you first get started the best thing you can do is invest EXTRA in advertising. Take some of the profit from your first payment and throw it in facebook ads. Get them as many REAL RELEVANT customers following them as possible straight away, and they'll have a positive association to working with you. When they refer you to their friends (and they will if you do a good job) you won't have the problem of educating your customers, and they'll be easier to work with.

Let me know how it goes! Good luck!

Gravytrain

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Hey guys,

Do any of you have any experience consulting for businesses on social media?

Yes.

I.E, creating a social media campaign, maintaining their social media accounts, building their online brand, creating a blog or videoblog

This is what we would call the "minimum essentials" for a dedicated social media brand enhancement campaign. Although "building their online brand" is somewhat broad and I would never use this terminology with a client as it's too non-specific.

If so, what do you normally charge for this?

It depends on what you're doing, and how much of it you're doing. For example, we charge businesses anywhere from $300 - $1000 a month just for blog posting (Ghostblogging and Blog Content Generation | Gravytrain). You'll need to build and price packages that are specific to your target market. Note that we charge dentists more, because they have different needs (DentalBloggers.com - ...that's right. We Blog for Dentists.).

Are businesses receptive to social media and digital marketing?

I'm not even sure this is a serious question... get this: 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report | Social Media Examiner as the data will be valuable to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.