The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So here I am sitting on the sidewalk…..

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
"Penetrating" more social circles than most will in a lifetime - would a slowlaner really consider this an accomplishment?

It is a major accomplishment, 80% of my peers have never left Cleveland and have no contacts in the world. I think having social mastery is second to having self mastery. If I did write a book that warranted success I have the connections to get exposure. Something I would not have had without the short time in Miami on my own. I am completely self educated, I didn't learn how to read and write in grade school. I wasn't exposed to traditional social environments when I was a child. I had to catch up later on in life. It is kind of a big deal to me.

Regardless of your intentions, it is good that you ask me these questions. It causes me to sit back and think. The more I think about everything, the more confident that I will prevail.

"Guest list access to X or Y club ". Again, would a slowlaner really brag about this like it was an important life accomplishment?

It wasn't guest list access. I have lists in my name. Meaning I can get anyone in the club. If Club X is charging $30 a head and you are on my list you get in for free. or if you have a group of say 10 people, I can charge you $10 a head and make $100 profit, this was all while making a salary wage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
It wasn't guest list access. I have lists in my name. Meaning I can get anyone in the club. If Club X is charging $30 a head and you are on my list you get in for free. or if you have a group of say 10 people, I can charge you $10 a head and make $100 profit, this was all while making a salary wage.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and the area. And I know that if your street teams are good, then you could still be doing this, disabled or not. The hustler's mind is always on point, isn't it?

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Hi man,
I've been in this boat my whole bloody life. I hate speaking about my problems online. I get around $120 in the local currency from the government. This only pays my foods. I had borrowed the money from my friend to purchase my 1st computer - Pentium 2 in 2000. It took 2 months of my life before I could earn my 1st grand of bucks that was the easy money and I was young. I started to make easy money and spent it fast and easy too. Probably, that was my biggest mistake. Now, I'm almost there where i started; no reached my goals, no money and not feel happy. Yeah, I don't have debts, I run a small online store, but i'm not there where i wanted to be. When you start making your money online, just don't spend every dollar on daily stuff; thinking of your future. Sorry if my advice sounds stupidly for you. Just my 2 cents.

Saving money used to be a huge problem for me. I used to be extremely bad with spending money on women. The last long term relationship I would shower her with gifts. This was all living off of 10k per year. One year when I was with her I coded a piece of software and licensed it for $100 to about 100 different people. Not realizing that the software was a fluke and it was based on a trivial novelty, I spent all the money like it was going out of style. I made poor investments that had a short term yield but fell apart in the long term. the other thing I did was shower my ex with expensive jewelry. I didn't understand easy come easy go. i thought my software and investments would last for ever.

The software was based on myspace. I am by no means a programmer. I used httpanalyzer to record myspace's get and post commands and then made a software that would jack up profile, songs and video views. there were other programs out there and the time, but mine was the only one that could net you 10k plus hits or listens per hour.

I will head your words, they are something I need a constant reminder of.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I know exactly what you are talking about, and the area. And I know that if your street teams are good, then you could still be doing this, disabled or not. The hustler's mind is always on point, isn't it?

You are right, the street teams are all that matter. Most promoters don't pay on time so good walkers are always jumping ship. I was the only promoter I now of that would pay all my workers on time. even if my company didn't release campaign funds I would pay out of pocket.

I F*cked my back up unloading promo delivery. It was my own fault because I could have had any number of 20 guys help me but I just wanted to get it done. I was laid up for a week and continually have a new pain in my back that never seems to stop.

At most clubs in South Beach the cheapest drink is $12 (Beer) and $15 (Shot). I sold drink tickets for $5. that would get you one drink and 40% of all night. I would get a 10% kick back on the total tab. and the clubs were pretty cool about letting multiple people spend money on the same ticket.

6-27-2013_221.jpg

My biggest mistake. I thought it would last forever. I worked 2 jobs, I didn't save.. I rented the $3200 a month vs the $700 efficiency two blocks away.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
You are right, the street teams are all that matter. Most promoters don't pay on time so good walkers are always jumping ship. I was the only promoter I now of that would pay all my workers on time. even if my company didn't release campaign funds I would pay out of pocket.

I F*cked my back up unloading promo delivery. It was my own fault because I could have had any number of 20 guys help me but I just wanted to get it done. I was laid up for a week and continually have a new pain in my back that never seems to stop.

At most clubs in South Beach the cheapest drink is $12 (Beer) and $15 (Shot). I sold drink tickets for $5. that would get you one drink and 40% of all night. I would get a 10% kick back on the total tab. and the clubs were pretty cool about letting multiple people spend money on the same ticket.

View attachment 5377

My biggest mistake. I thought it would last forever. I worked 2 jobs, I didn't save.. I rented the $3200 a month vs the $700 efficiency two blocks away.

Look, you are writing a life story. Past chapters. You need to close them, and start writing the new one. My question was- do you think you could set it up again, knowing what you know, and knowing that a club owner doesn't give a shit who you are as long as you bring in the people? That's all. And that is for you to answer to yourself.

Cheers

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Look, you are writing a life story. Past chapters. You need to close them, and start writing the new one. My question was- do you think you could set it up again, knowing what you know, and knowing that a club owner doesn't give a shit who you are as long as you bring in the people? That's all. And that is for you to answer to yourself.

Cheers

I absolutely could jump back into promoting. But given my unstable health it’s not something I plan on attempting any time in the near future. I do however feel that I have a solid system of breaking into night life scene as a fastlane process. There is an A to Z process that I discovered on my own while I was in Miami. I don’t know if there is a market for a book on how to quickly become a successful promoter, but I am highly interested in writing one anyways.
One of the secrets to success in that line of work is the ability to remember names. That can be said of any thing in life, in promoting it is extremely important. I stumbled upon how important it actually was by accident. I was walking past mynt lounge and just for the hell of it I stopped and engaged in small talk with the bouncer. At this point in time I hadn’t even thought about being a promoter. We talked various topics for about ten minutes. I was tired from working a ten hour shift so I told him it was nice meeting him, extended my hand, and asked him his name.

Every Friday night I walked past mynt on the way home and saw him working the door. I would say hi as I walked by, he would say hi to me by name. I felt really shitty for the first couple times because I had forgotten his name. One night I got lucky and heard someone standing in line call out his name. I was grateful, I took note of his name and made it a habit to say hi with his name every time I saw him. I was dressed really nice for work, so I always looked decent when I walked by. After about 3 times of calling him by his name when I walked by, he would always shout out “Hey Cleveland, you coming in?” to which I would usually reply “Not tonight, Next time”.

After I got invited into one of the most exclusive clubs in Miami, I made it a habit to small talk with door men, list checkers and bouncers as much as possible. When my friends and I would go out I would always step outside of a club and chat it up with gatekeepers. It got to the point that I could walk down say Washington ave, and I would get atleast 20 hellos from bouncers and doorman.

One night a friend and I were out chasing skirt, we were walking down Collins. This friend was like me, came down to Miami aimlessly and wound up working at a restaurant. On this particular night all the doormen I had ever met were working, some of them I had met at other locations other than the ones they were at now. A 10 minute walk turned into 1 ½ hours of chatting with club staff along our route to ocean drive. By the my friend and I got to ocean drive I had gotten at least 50 “Hello Cleveland!”s. My friend literally said “God damn, you know everyone who is important to know in the night life, and they know you!”. He asked me if I can get him and a lady friend into a club. I told him I dunno, depends on what club . He said mynt.
I so felt like I was bullshiting when I told him yea no problem. So we set it up for Friday, I knew my acquaintance was working the door at mynt on Friday. On Friday I had totally forgotten about my friend wanting to go to mynt. Around 12am I got a call, “Hey you ready?” it was my friend. I told him I’d meet him and his lady friend at the shore club which is right next store.

I had forgotten completely. I didn’t set anything up with any of my lady friends and I knew I would crash and burn at the door of mynt if the guy to chick ratio was 2:1.

When I stepped into the shore club a miracle happened. There was a group of 6 females that looked excited. They were trying to take pictures of themselves. I stepped in and said “Here let me help you with that!”. I took a group picture of them and they seemed pretty grateful that I captured their initial excitement. Their plane had just landed and they were down from their hotel rooms just after changing clothes for a night in Miami. I asked them what they had planned; they had no idea where to start. On Friday night rockbar situated between the shore club and mynt had free entry and free drinks for ladies. I told the girls about it and I also told them my plans for mynt. They told me they wanted to go, so I texted my friend “New plan, Rokbar first. Mention MU list to get in. Rokbar was a club that I knew I could get in. I was a member of a meet up group that met up there every so often. I knew that if I said MU list I would get in no hassle no charge. The Rokbar was new (remodeled??), there was no real buzz to that place.

The girls got shitfaced on free drinks, my friend showed up and we left rokbar. We walked directly to mynt. I had my fingers crossed. We walk up and there was a huge line. The girls started bitching “I’m not waiting blah blah blah”. My friend was asking” are you sure you can get in?”, I tell him yes, but it’s a lie cause I’m not sure lol. Just when I was about to call the whole thing off and go cower under a rock in embarrassment, my guy came bursting though the crowd “Cleveland! Your coming in tonight!”. I snatched as many of the girls as I could with two hands and drug them thru the crowd and into the club. My friend tried to follow and was cut off by my guy at the door. I heard myself utter, “It’s ok he’s with me”. And the bouncer said “Ok, let em in he’s with Cleveland. I heard people in the crowd ask “who is he?”. I felt like the F*cking man!

So I’m in the club and the girls that accompanied me asked me things like how did I cut the line, and a whole array of things that I couldn’t quite answer at the time. That’s when my friend chimed in “Ah, he’s a promoter”

I know there was no real reason to elaborate. I just felt like it.

Astral Explorer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 28, 2013
Been there, without the disability, but the gutter, not the sidewalk. What I would do, is sell the kindle and the $100 gift card. I know it was a gift, but you'll have some capital that way to pay for resources. Specifically, I'd probably spend $35-50 or so plus $20 on ebay and get an older version of Dragon Naturally Speaking and a headset/mike to use with the laptop then you don't have to write the old way.

You can find places online to write short articles and get paid, like textbroker.com, thecontentauthority.com, and a few others, it's not a ton of cash but it's something while you figure out what else to do. What else do you have at home you can sell on ebay? You need money as a buffer, so you're not spending time shopping for food banks but working on your idea. Then figure out what you can do now, fast, and well. Then start. (I might also sell the smartphone and get a no-contract cheapo deal, at least for now, if you didn't have to pay hundreds to get out of your contract.)

You may not like writing. I do it because I can and it's fast, it used to help get me in the frame of mind that I could actually do something outside the daily cubicle, and was able to see what other people are doing on the web to make bank.

A year or so ago, I wrote an ebook that was only 12,000 words and published it on Kindle - I made $1000 a month for 2 months in a row, until it slowed down, but it cost me zero, and I still get a couple hundred a month with no marketing. I've written a lot more since then. BTW Amazon pays 60 days out so it wasn't immediate cash, but nice to get all the same. (I had the word "get rich" in the title, which sells pretty good I guess :) Not fastlane but it was a start. Someone on here is posting right now about how they publish their stuff on Amazon.

Just some thoughts, hope it helps.

^^^ This

I know you said you despise writing BUT like in FML you have to look back at your "why", do you really want to live or simply survive? If you can become even a decent writer/copywriter you could make some money online. The resources provided above is a good start and from there you can figure out how to make money passively overtime.

I once ran into one of the top SEO experts randomly through a friend and I remember him stating "content is king", I also have another guy I knew who started out writing and was making 4k a month. While it might suck, that passive income is a great start to bigger and better things.

Trust me, I know of many "travelers" who are just happy with living off 1-2k a month in different third world cities. If they put in as much time moving towards a more "fastlane" route as they did saving/planning/budgeting, they too could be making atleast 2k a month passively to fulfill their enjoyment of traveling.

Fastlane is a mindset, once you start viewing from that reality a whole different collection of decisions open up

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
Hey Man, I feel you.

Look the most important thing is, you realize that you need to do something about your situation.

It's always good to start some where man.

You still have a roof over your shoulder and you still receive help.

You may not love writing, but yes, you can start with it.

There are job platforms online that may be helpful to you.

Try odesk.com.. A lot of work available from data entry to Virtual assistance, etc...

There's elance.com too.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Cleveland, get back in the game. Doesn't matter which game, doesn't have to be the "perfect" game. Just get in there.

Nothing would make me happier than your next post to read "Hey Guys - Here is what I accomplished today, here are my goals for tomorrow"

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Start off by maybe putting that relationship in the back burner. I know it sucks to let go of people we love because of success or money..But these are your dreams we're talking about, she may be amazing, but you'll be carrying extra weight when you need to travel LIGHT to accelerate. Just my 2 cents.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.