The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
after reading both books, i realized that the only successful people around me, are business owners; they work for themselves. while some are tied to the business more like a job and their time is leveraged, i can learn from them and create my own path that is more inline with the fastlane teachings. those around me who have jobs and life the scripted life are unable to build wealth and get trapped in lifestyle creep and do not invest. i have the opposite mindset of the majority of my family and friends.

do you notice the same?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
after reading both books, i realized that the only successful people around me, are business owners; they work for themselves. while some are tied to the business more like a job and their time is leveraged, i can learn from them and create my own path that is more inline with the fastlane teachings. those around me who have jobs and life the scripted life are unable to build wealth and get trapped in lifestyle creep and do not invest. i have the opposite mindset of the majority of my family and friends.

do you notice the same?
Yup, we notice that as well.
It clear as day now.

But you need to be careful with the word successful.
It means different things to different people, so practice being able to look from someone elses perspective.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
It's important to recognize that not everyone is cut out for the Fastlane. Those of us who seek a Fastlane existence must never forget that for the majority of people, the slow lane is an acceptable - maybe even - best option. Many have tried and failed to achieve Fastlane success, often times expending what savings they have or going in debt.

Yes - owning your own biz is owning your own future. But there are many pitfalls, challenges and set backs along the route. There's also nothing wrong with having a "job" along one's path to Fastlane success. There's so much to learn and experience while still keeping a roof overhead and food in your belly. Each of us is different and there is no single path or definition to success.

We should also not ignore that there are those who achieve great "success" without owning their own biz. We often do not hear of the extremely well compensated C-suite execs who quietly go about amassing great wealth through strategic advancement and investment.

Brrr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Jul 28, 2019
I wouldn't generalise in such a grand manner, most successful businesses had great employee's to build the enterprise. Success is subjective and different people look for different things in life. You can't forget that, especially as you hire!

Running a business is not for everyone and that needs to be understood on the outset or else your mental health is going to be in the gutter as you try and force a square peg in a round hole. Not everyone can manage risk or debt in the same way, not everyone can manage people or customers in the same way, not everyone can (or wants to) be plugged in 24/7 and be the ultimate decision-maker or orchestrator and not everyone can take losses and persevere for years before they start to see results. It is perfectly reasonable that some people would rather have a guaranteed paycheck at the end of the month and build a modest life around that. In some cases, they become extremely skilled and can leverage their skill to have higher and higher paychecks, without ever touching the fastlane concepts. But if you can't cope with that life, fastlane gives you a different approach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.