- Joined
- Oct 3, 2007
- Messages
- 1,743
Rep Bank
$1,255
$1,255
User Power: 28%
In the past six months or so, I've really noticed my friendships with people in my life changing. Alot. As my mentality has changed, so have my views on others. Not people specifically, but trying to converse with someone who doesn't see the light drives me nuts. It's like I'm on a different wavelength or something. The vibe isn't the same anymore. Does this make any sense? lol
It's impossible to go back wards. As in, there's no way in hell I would ever go back to intentionally thinking slowlane. It takes effort to make sure I'm not stuck in that rut as it is. Trying to seek common ground in this area with friends is like beating a dead horse. :smash:
Previous views and commonalities are tossed out the window. People don't want to change. Therefore things will stay the same. I don't to stay the same!
I'm wondering how much of this contributes to my environment as a whole. I'm starting to think the things and people surrounding me could be holding me back. Every day it seems like I see more and more negativity out people I never thought were negative.
So, I'm sure many of you have dealt with this before. How do you handle your friendships as you grow personally?
Abandoning your friends doesn't sit well.
Spending time with the same people that aren't conducive to my aspirations doesn't either! :smx8: It seems like, damned if you do, damned if you dont.
For the seasoned fastlaner's, what do you say today to those who said you couldn't do it in the past? What's their impression of you now?
So does anyone have any advice in this area? Possibly a book that covers it? Thanks in advance!
It's impossible to go back wards. As in, there's no way in hell I would ever go back to intentionally thinking slowlane. It takes effort to make sure I'm not stuck in that rut as it is. Trying to seek common ground in this area with friends is like beating a dead horse. :smash:
Previous views and commonalities are tossed out the window. People don't want to change. Therefore things will stay the same. I don't to stay the same!
I'm wondering how much of this contributes to my environment as a whole. I'm starting to think the things and people surrounding me could be holding me back. Every day it seems like I see more and more negativity out people I never thought were negative.
So, I'm sure many of you have dealt with this before. How do you handle your friendships as you grow personally?
Abandoning your friends doesn't sit well.
Spending time with the same people that aren't conducive to my aspirations doesn't either! :smx8: It seems like, damned if you do, damned if you dont.
For the seasoned fastlaner's, what do you say today to those who said you couldn't do it in the past? What's their impression of you now?
So does anyone have any advice in this area? Possibly a book that covers it? Thanks in advance!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
