The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Skills that Needed to be improved in order to be a successful entrepreneur

Anything related to matters of the mind

melissa_summers

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 24, 2017
California
Reading a few posts, I notice that quite often people write about their mistakes and failures. And I came to the conclusion that one of the reasons could be the lack of any skill or personal qualities. To be more precise, let's take "confidence" into the consideration. If you don't have enough self-confidence, this will affect the lack of confidence in your business. Who will believe in the success of your project, if you yourself are not sure about all this? Well, in other words, being confident is the foundation on the way of creating and developing a business. Isn't it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Reading a few posts, I notice that quite often people write about their mistakes and failures. And I came to the conclusion that one of the reasons could be the lack of any skill or personal qualities. To be more precise, let's take "confidence" into the consideration. If you don't have enough self-confidence, this will affect the lack of confidence in your business. Who will believe in the success of your project, if you yourself are not sure about all this? Well, in other words, being confident is the foundation on the way of creating and developing a business. Isn't it?
I think confidence is hugely important as a mindset. I'm finding personally that the more action I take, the more confidence I have, which reinforces me to take even more action. So it's kind of cyclical.

I would also say adaptability. A lot of people cheat themselves out of success by not being cognitively malleable. When data says "this approach is wrong.", people need to be flexible enough to accept it and reroute.

A third is strategic thinking. Being able to look across a market and dissect it to the point where demand is disproportionate to supply. For me it wasn't enough to say "I want to do copywriting." I had to align that competency with a market that needs copywriters. Some markets are saturated with that skill, others are starving for it.

Many more skills / mindsets can be cited.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
In response to the title of this thread: Selling Skills

You may have the best product in the world. Doesn't even matter if 1. nobody hears about it and 2. you can't make people want to buy it.

On the other hand plenty of shit products have made bank from relentless, effective selling

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I believe life is less about confidence and more about principles, aka beliefs.
Both the courageous man and the coward experience fear, action distinguishes them.
Like Unscripted says, genuine belief in the fastlane will lead you to the fastlane.
Confidence rises and falls but beliefs are worthy pillars to build your house on.
That's why I could have the worst day of my life, but the next day ill keep pursuing the fastlane.

melissa_summers

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 24, 2017
California
I believe life is less about confidence and more about principles, aka beliefs.
Both the courageous man and the coward experience fear, action distinguishes them.
Like Unscripted says, genuine belief in the fastlane will lead you to the fastlane.
Confidence rises and falls but beliefs are worthy pillars to build your house on.
That's why I could have the worst day of my life, but the next day ill keep pursuing the fastlane.
You write interesting facts. Thanks for your post.
Beliefs and principles are without doubt good things, but I still think that people should overcome themselves, discover new skills, and not afraid of taking risks and responsibility. And all the same, I come to the point that it's impossible without self-confidence. :smile2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.