The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Show us your pet(s) !

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
12 weeks old when I got the call from a family in PHX who thought he would grow up to be “scary”. He was picked up while my other Bully was dying of cancer. They spent 3 months together and this guy has been by my side ever since. (8) now.

Attachments

• DA9E0736-B12B-405B-B0DB-8651EB8378B5.jpeg
    DA9E0736-B12B-405B-B0DB-8651EB8378B5.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 7

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
@RazorCut -- yes please try this before giving up on him!!

Hoping for a good update and better news for Max. This is brutal.

O Lord this is hard to write. For those that want to know.

It wasn't so much as give up on him but more it was his time. It has been a gradual process. It started over a year ago when he started going to the loo in the house. Literally anywhere he was stood or sat. Not waiting for his walk. Then gradually the walks got shorter as they would tire him out. Then his rear legs started giving out on the way home so eventually the walks had to stop altogether. Two days ago his back legs failed completely. His front legs were fine.

He stayed in the same spot all day yesterday until the vet arrived.

Call me a coward but I’d didn’t want to be there at the end. It’s only been a couple of months since I’ve had to live through the experience of my mother dead on the living room floor. I didn’t want to see another close family member die. My daughter, two sons and wife were there. I’d spent a lot of the night with him increasing the meds until he was pain free and said my goodbyes that morning. My wife and daughter sat with him for several hours before the vet turned up. They confirmed our worst fears.

Going home was awful, the emptiness of not hearing his excited vocal greetings as he heard me drive up was somehow like the world had stopped. I sat in the vehicle for ages unable to get out and face the facts.

For anyone who says they can’t understand how you can get so attached to an animal as it’s not like a human all I can say to you is you have no idea and no heart. Having said that I know a big piece of mine is missing this morning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
@RazorCut

I am so sorry to hear about your Max...

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Here's my best buddy, Asher! And blessed to still have him around after the incident.

Several years ago, thanks to this guy's tremendous will to live... just barely survived a coyote attack. Broken bones, and suffered bite punctures to the lungs. Doctors told us it would pretty much be a miracle for him to survive...

Fast forward to now he's doing great although gets leg pain randomly sometimes. Must be due to old age and jumping up/down the bed. We seriously need to get him stairs.

Because I've been living in South Korea, I haven't seen him in over a year. I'm really excited, as I get to see him next month!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
O Lord this is hard to write. For those that want to know.

It wasn't so much as give up on him but more it was his time. It has been a gradual process. It stared over a year ago when he started going to the loo in the house. Literally anywhere he was stood or sat. Not waiting for his walk. Then gradually the walks got shorter as they would tire him out. Then his rear legs started giving out on the way home so eventually the walks had to stop altogether. Two days ago his back legs failed completely. His front legs were fine.

He stayed in the same spot all day yesterday until the vet arrived.

Call me a coward but I’d didn’t want to be there at the end. It’s only been a couple of months since I’ve had to live through the experience of my mother dead on the living room floor. I didn’t want to see another close family member die. My daughter, two sons and wife were there. I’d spent a lot of the night with him increasing the meds until he was pain free and said my goodbyes that morning. My wife and daughter sat with him for several hours before the vet turned up. They confirmed our worst fears.

Going home was awful, the emptiness of not hearing his excited vocal greetings as he heard me drive up was somehow like the world had stopped. I sat in the vehicle for ages unable to get out and face the facts.

For anyone who says they can’t understand how you can get so attached to an animal as it’s not like a human all I can say to you is you have no idea and no heart. Having said that I know a big piece of mine is missing this morning.

I’m sorry to hear about Max..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Windycat.jpg

Here's our guy.
11 years strong.
Found as a yowling kitten near Jackman, Maine, after five days of heavy snow.
The rescue shelter staff in Millinocket surmised that he might have sprung out of an idling vehicle on the way to a vacation cabin, given the harsh, sub-freezing weather and the remote location where nothing was open but a nearby gas station, plus the strange fact that no one reported a missing Russian Blue kitten in northern Maine.
He enjoys the outdoors, the roof line, fiddle music, and riding an F-150 shotgun.

We're generally dog people.

Last edited:

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I can't have dogs now, as I've been on an extended travel, but I love them and have had several.

My latest (soon to be launched) venture is related to dogs. I will make a thread about it soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.