The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I trust this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I just wanted to add that people who can't take criticism are unlikely to succeed.

See: Basketball players, Football players, dancers, (enter athlete here), and mentees.

Feel free to add.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You are been sought for "something" ...

Offering advice to you would be futile. People here on TFF create their own futures. You must decide whether you want someone else to create "your" future.........Good luck with that dream.

Did you ever stop and think of the amount of time that members here "freely" give to respond to your question.

Lets just take 40 random direct posts from members . We all have to read the thread in it entirety, to tease out , add to, object to, or simply to avoid repetition. We had to articulate a response using our unique experience. I estimate people here on the forum have invested 400 minutes = 6.6 hrs on your thread. When you get a "condescending reply" it's because you are attracting such a reply. There are probably another 6.6 hrs invested from members that just couldn't be bothered to reply.

So there we have 13 hrs of productive time that you have hijacked from this community. Some members here earn in excess of $1000 / hour. Lets take a low average of $100/hour ..Your mentor Bill would be $1300 Sir. You got it for free but still managed to squander it.

Excellent post. Many of us have huge hourly rates yet newbies get offended when its not the advice they want. We don't just post for the laugh, we take time out of our day to try steer people in the right direction.

OP - you are getting a slap in the face because everyone here knows if you can't make a simple decision on a sketchy deal like this you have bigger problems in your upcoming business career.

Anonymous cash from the internet? What can go wrong.

Levitate Robotic

New Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Excellent post. Many of us have huge hourly rates yet newbies get offended when its not the advice they want. We don't just post for the laugh, we take time out of our day to try steer people in the right direction.

OP - you are getting a slap in the face because everyone here knows if you can't make a simple decision on a sketchy deal like this you have bigger problems in your upcoming business career.
I just wanted to add that people who can't take criticism are unlikely to succeed.

See: Basketball players, Football players, dancers, (enter athlete here), and mentees.

Feel free to add.

Anonymous cash from the internet? What can go wrong.

If you have huge hourly rates, why are you posting on my thread? Did i force you?

Btw check out Howard Stern, the greatest broadcaster ever, radio legend. Study him for awhile and see if he takes criticism. People criticize him, they get the shiv. Or Jimmy Page, when people criticized that first zeppelin album, i know for a fact he didn't take it in. He internally said "F*ck off" to naysayers and negative people, such as a the majority here. Then he made Zeppelin 2 (and spare me the "well go make your zeppelin 2, kid). I doubt the critics at Rolling Stone had anything to do with the lightyears-ahead-of-it's-time middle section of "Whole Lotta Love". You think Lester Bangs inspired that? nah. Neither did any of the critics have anything to do with the subsequent knocking the Beatles from the #1 spot in the billboard charts. So I think that platitude is sort of bullshit. Page had an enduring rejection for the critics and press. Worked out well for that genius.

Just more empty, cliche platitudes.

And it wasn't at all constructive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Jesus F*cking shitball xxxxx.
You're an absolute retard.

Well if the person fronting you the cash still reads this forum that will probably be the end of the deal right there.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Since you didn't directly respond to my subtle comment, pick which of your two screen names you want to keep, Robert.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Best of luck OP(s)

landfill-o.gif

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If you have huge hourly rates, why are you posting on my thread? Did i force you?

Btw check out Howard Stern, the greatest broadcaster ever, radio legend. Study him for awhile and see if he takes criticism. Or Jimmy Page, for that matter. I call bullshit.

Just more empty, cliche platitudes.

And it wasn't at all constructive.
Handling feedback well, regardless of how constructive it feels to you, is an important skill to have. This is something I think you need to work on.
Here's why:

Future scenario:
You sell something to someone who gets incensed over some small detail that didn't go well. He calls you all sorts of names, bad-mouths you to family and friends, etc. You have two options:
1) React with the same spirit you used to react to the comments above. This will piss the guy off even more. He ends up suing you. You win, but have lost a ton of time and money in legal fees.
2) React in a calm, cool, collected manner. He calms down, realizes he's being an a$$, and apologizes. You've won him over. You still won't do business again with him because he's an a$$, but you avoid a lot of other trouble.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007