Almost done with the TMFL and I feel my eyes have been opened to a whole new way of thinking. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for writing your book.
Here's a rundown of my situation.
- We have two mortgages. (One rental property and one owner occupied)
- About 57k in student loan debt
- Around 7k car note
- No revolving credit card debt (pay off entire balance each month)
- A little over six figure savings in various accounts (401k's, IRA's, Savings, etc)
Wife works a 9 to 5 job and I own my own small business.
The value of my rental property seems to be on the rise. I'm possibly in a position that if I sold my rental, I could profit just enough to pay off all of our debt, which includes our current residence, the student loans and the care note.
100% debt free by age 36.
My question is, should I? Or would it be wiser to use that money and grow it using a Fastlane vehicle? I really like the idea of not owing anyone a dime. We would still need to keep working for now, but being debt free just sounds so liberating.
I could use the extra monthly income to invest in myself. I've been considering learning how to code and create a content delivery system that can Fastlane me to the land of milk and honey. Or find a way to convert my business into a Fastlane vehicle.
Any thoughts?
WWMJDD? (What would @MJ DeMarco do?)
Here's a rundown of my situation.
- We have two mortgages. (One rental property and one owner occupied)
- About 57k in student loan debt
- Around 7k car note
- No revolving credit card debt (pay off entire balance each month)
- A little over six figure savings in various accounts (401k's, IRA's, Savings, etc)
Wife works a 9 to 5 job and I own my own small business.
The value of my rental property seems to be on the rise. I'm possibly in a position that if I sold my rental, I could profit just enough to pay off all of our debt, which includes our current residence, the student loans and the care note.
100% debt free by age 36.
My question is, should I? Or would it be wiser to use that money and grow it using a Fastlane vehicle? I really like the idea of not owing anyone a dime. We would still need to keep working for now, but being debt free just sounds so liberating.
I could use the extra monthly income to invest in myself. I've been considering learning how to code and create a content delivery system that can Fastlane me to the land of milk and honey. Or find a way to convert my business into a Fastlane vehicle.
Any thoughts?
WWMJDD? (What would @MJ DeMarco do?)
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
