The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I File Bankcuptcy ?

newlife9

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 15, 2008
Hi all, i glad i found this forum where mostly financial intelligent ppl gather here..

im 23 yr sold, im in very bad situation right now, could some one here give me some advise..

here is a brief story about myself.

- at age 20, i got hired from usps with 40k/yr, i was thinking i make a lot money that day, so, i go buy a new car cost 20k, and i was over spending by buying all the doodad with credit card. after a yr, i buy a new home with cost 385 k , besides that i also use credit card to running some online business.

- now with the down market with real estate, my house now is only worth 200k, so i dun want to pay it any more, and i was late for about 4 months now, i am in process of foreclosure.

- with using credit card to pay other credit card, now i am in debt with 50k credit card, and was late few time on those card.

- my credit score now is very very very bad.

- i read some audio book which suggest not to file bank bankruptcy.

here is my question:

- i am thinking that after forclosure, my credit score is bad anyway, so why not file bankruptcy too, so i can get off the debt ?

- can some one tell me, if i file bankruptcy , will the debt really go away( credit card), do i still have to pay for credit card debt?

- since i only have a car as my asset ( which i will pay it off on 2/2009) , will they take away my car too ?

Lesson:

- I learn this lesson a hard way, but i still believe i can start over.

so, in my situation right now, should i just file bankruptcy after forclosure?

would be really appreciated for your help..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
- now with the down market with real estate, my house now is only worth 200k, so i dun want to pay it any more, and i was late for about 4 months now, i am in process of forclosure.

- with using credit card to pay other credit card, now i am in debt with 50k credit card, and was late few time on those card.

- i am thinking that after forclosure, my credit score is bad anyway, so why not file bankruptcy too, so i can get off the debt ?

- can some one tell me, if i file bankruptcy , will the debt really go away( credit card), do i still have to pay for credit card debt?

- since i only have a car as my asset ( which i will pay it off on 2/2009) , will they take away my car too ?

Lession:

- I learn this lession a hard way, but i still believe i can start over.

Here's my .02, and you're not gonna like it. I have a real hard time with the fact that your home dropped in value so you just stopped making payments. I don't see any lesson learned there at all, except maybe if things don't go your way you can just walk away, or that you only are responsible for making mortgage payments when the market is going up. Here's how I view it: You gave your word that you would pay this debt; you signed on the dotted line. Frankly, I'm of the old school opinion that if you aren't good for your word, you aren't good for much. With that said, there are some (a small handful) of valid reasons to let your home go into foreclosure and to file bankruptcy. It doesn't sound like you really need to do both. Yes your credit score will be shot, but that doesn't mean that you should be allowed a free pass on getting your debts wiped out. If I were you, I would talk to a consumer consolidated credit counselor (there's a free or low cost office in your city most likely) and ask them these questions. Oh, and sell the car and drive a beater. Use the money to pay down your debt.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
here is my question:

Sounds like a very self centered question. Why not file bankruptcy so I can weasle out of the debts I owe?

I am not sure that you have learned anything yet. Your goal at this point is wipe the slate clean for YOU, at others expense.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Although what you typed was either in completely broken english, or you just have no idea how to spell, you have started off in this community on the wrong foot. You come off as, like SteveO and yveskleinsky said, a self centered person looking for a sleazy way to get back on track to repeating this very same process over. We are tight knit here, and most of the people that get into bad situations like this are good ones at heart that made a few mistakes. You borrowed money, you pay it back. You should not be looking for inventive ways from inventive minds to cut corners.

If I am wrong about your intentions please explain.

Otherwise, you are asking the wrong set of people all the wrong questions.

-Alex

Edit: Also, try contributing a little more before you ask for help next time. And don't think your six "posts" count for anything so far. They consisted of:

great story....
lol....that's funny
great thread, i love the ideas
i will follow this to make my plan..thanks
lol........nice m8

You posted all of those in very thought provoking threads...and your comments were incredibly UN-thought provoking to say the least.

ChrisS417

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 24, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Maybe you should head over to Get Rich Slowly for a while then return to this one when you're ready.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Wow -- it seems like he's getting the same treatment we'd give a spammer!

I definitely don't like what you're doing either, newlife. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions; don't just look for the easy way out.

With that said, perhaps you should -- as ChrisS suggested above -- get some basic financial and money management knowledge from a place like Get Rich Slowly.

'Cuz I can tell you right now: If your intro is any indication of how you plan to live and act in the future, you will not enjoy your stay here.

Show us why you want to change your ways. Prove it to us. Do something. And I don't mean go spend $200 on some book or program to teach you more about business. Read a bunch of the Legendary Thread, and soak in the knowledge. Prove you want to stay, and you want to contribute.

Then, maybe you'll get REAL suggestions.

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
It seems as though you have made many bad financial choices. Where you are now is the product of those choices. From here on out it is time to start making good choices. Whether or not you should file bankruptcy is one of those choices you will have to make.

Personally I would get on a repayment plan and not take the "easy" way out. Bankruptcy may come back to haunt you.

I wish you the best of luck.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Wow, newlife-- welcome to the Fastlane forums!

As you can see, this is not a group of people
who take an easy way out,
or feel like they're victims of their own actions.

They take responsibility for their lives and future.

You have a choice.

You can read all of this input,
get scared/feel outcast,
and never post again.

Or . . .

You can listen to what everyone is saying,
figure out how to turn your life around,
and change your life- forever.

It's all up to you!

I can tell you, if you choose to take responsibility
for your actions and your life,
you will get lots of help from the people here.

It may not always be what you want to hear,
but it will be advice that will help you
find a better tomorrow,
and a better life.

-Russ H.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Wow, newlife-- welcome to the Fastlane forums!

As you can see, this is not a group of people
who take an easy way out,
or feel like they're victims of their own actions.

They take responsibility for their lives and future.

You have a choice.

You can read all of this input,
get scared/feel outcast,
and never post again.

Or . . .

You can listen to what everyone is saying,
figure out how to turn your life around,
and change your life- forever.

It's all up to you!

I can tell you, if you choose to take responsibility
for your actions and your life,
you will get lots of help from the people here.

It may not always be what you want to hear,
but it will be advice that will help you
find a better tomorrow,
and a better life.

-Russ H.

Well said Russ. And very, very true.

-Alex

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Probably not the response you expected. Here's the only advice I can give you and if it sticks you will be headed in the right direction.

The people on this forum are very successful or have a successful mindset. You could get extremely upset and flat out ignore the advice given and just write this place off or you could realize the people on this forum are successful for a reason.

Lets say in the game of golf you have a horrible slice and shank every ball into the woods. Then a professional golfer gave you tips on improving your swing by telling you how your current swing was flawed. Then tells you how to fix it, would you listen? That's all these folks are doing.

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
im 23 yrsold, im in very bad situation right now, could some one here give me some advise...
Wow 23 yrs old you've accumulated all those stuff. That's good... and somewhat bad...:smxB:

- at age 20, i got hired from usps with 40k/yr, i was thinking i make alot money that day, so, i go buy a new car cost 20k, and i was over spending by buying all the doodad with credit card. after a yr, i buy a new home with cost 385 k , besides that i also use credit card to running some online business.
I praise you for making something happen to change your life (only going the wrong way) :nonod: I understand you weren't taught the proper way to take care of things and this i understand and won't hold this against you. I think you thought it was the right thing to do at the time probably? This is a big lesson to learn and will cost you some heartache. No need for me to make you feel bad. At times we all need bad push and yelling to really understand what's going on rather than escape and be forgiven. :nonod: I know you came here for advise and you've got yelled at instead. :cuss: I'm sure we all mean well for you so don't take it personal. :smxB:
- now with the down market with real estate, my house now is only worth 200k, so i dun want to pay it any more, and i was late for about 4 months now, i am in process of forclosure.
It does'nt matter what the value of your house is. What's more important, if you can afford to keep it? Eventually it'll regain back someday. But this is really irrelevant to what the situation is. At 385k your monthly is probably around $2200? You do what you do if you can't afford your monthly payment due to loss of job, cut in wages etc... But do what it takes to keep it. Dumping it coz of value is lame excuse in getting out if it. Other thing you can do is sell it as short sale to show you tried to sell if you can't afford it and be responsible and taking care of the mortgage debt.
Since you didn't pay your home for 4 months you should've taken the money your suppose to pay for your home to your credit card? Or did you take your money and burn it somewhere?
You should've known this coming since you did'nt pay for 4 months.
Your not that bad in your situation to file for bankruptcy. Your too young for this but then again it doesn't matter what age. As i said... Shit happens!

They won't take your car unless you filed it in your bankruptcy. As Yves said... Sell it and get a beater car. The extra money you get pay your credit card.

My last advice... Just because things got messed up that doesn't mean you should run. You were enjoying every bit of this in the beginning now it's time to face and resolve this as responsible adult you were never taught? This is to prove to yourself your made of something which will come very handy someday for your own self. Things will be better i promise you. Good luck.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Being in a similar situation, here's my .02....

first off, what are you doin buyin a $385k house on $40k/yr???? Granted my house is worth about $350k, I got it for much less b/c I bought it from my parents and buying a new vehicle is far from on my mind...(I did buy a used bike though for $5.5k)

I do feel your pain with the credit cards b/c I am another example of how one thing here and there adds up to a number you don't even want to think about add to that I have student loans and best of all, I've been unemployed for almost 4 months now, but the thing that has gotten me through this is 2-fold... one I knew all along that even when I had my business that I wasn't gonna be able to afford the mortgage on my own, so I got roommates and also, I knew that I had to pinch pennies as much as I could just in case I got in the situation I'm in now which is not pleasant as I am very close to a mental breakdown if I can't find work soon.... but I still have enough to live in for about 2months b4 tapping into an emergency fund I have set aside which would keep me going another 4 or 5 months, by which I'll either have an income OR be able to tap into the equity of my house to either get a new biz going OR pay the bills until the right j-o-b(I know it's a FOUR letter word here ;))

Not sure if there is anything you can do to avoid the foreclosure, if so, you should look into room-sharing(put ads on craigslist, roommates.com, etc) and as others have suggested sell that car and get a beater... in fact if things don't look up soon I might have to sell my baby, the 91 VR4 I've had for almost 8yrs for whatever I can get(probably $3.5-4.5k) and just got whatever $500-1k will buy b/c paying the mortgage and cc's is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than a flashy car and this is coming from someone who has been obsessed w/ cars since I was 9(I'm 24 now).

If not, it's still best to avoid bankruptcy as it will DESTROY your credit and make it much worse than it is now and since you've seen first-hand that ANYTHING you want to buy whether it's a house or car is financed, that you'll have a tough time, heck even finding apartments nowadays most landlords do credit checks and employers too, so you want to stay in good standing at UPS as well.

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Are you there? The number one thing you must do for yourself is answer this post and you must do it fast and respond with what you have learned thus far!!!

Your problem is discipline at the source and willful avoiding of reality. You want what you cannot have and have substituted material things for investing in yourself. You must learn to work and work is thinking. Having things takes responsibility which is another discipline.

The heart of your discipline problem is not understanding how to delay gratification.

You must immediately sell all your assets (liabilities) and restructure the remaining debt. You will have nothing - then start over paying cash for your first vehicle (something you can sleep in).

Study the 4 tools of discipline till you understand them as they will save your life 1) delay gratification, 2) acceptance of responsibility, 3) balancing, & 4) dedication to the truth

You must cure the behavior problem before you can even think about fastlane assets. Your objective is to learn problem solving abilities. You currently have none.

Start studying.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Hi all, i glad i found this forum where mostly financial intelligen ppl gather here..

im 23 yrsold, im in very bad situation right now, could some one here give me some advise..

here is a brief story about myself.

- at age 20, i got hired from usps with 40k/yr, i was thinking i make alot money that day, so, i go buy a new car cost 20k, and i was over spending by buying all the doodad with credit card. after a yr, i buy a new home with cost 385 k , besides that i also use credit card to running some online business.

here is my question:

Lession:

so, in my sistuation right now, should i just file bankruptcy after forclosure?

would be really appreciated for your help..

Bankruptcy is the absolute worst case scenario to think of. I would never ever go that route. I was in deep personal debt myself not that long ago and I never went the bankruptcy route. Going the bankruptcy route will really make a big fat mark on your credit rating.

My advise:

1) Discuss the debt situation with every creditor you have. Bury that fear, because the situation will not be better if you try to hide. They will find you and they will treat your worse if you don't step up to the plate now. I know, I've been there. Creditors are some nasty people when they feel cheated.
2) Lay down your exact financial situation to each one of these creditors (and I mean detailed description of how much comes in every month and how much you have in fixed expenses etc etc). Just give it to them and give them a suggestion on how you would see this mess be cleaned up and also let the creditor give their view on this mess and then agree on something that both can keep their promises on.

Just do it, because you will be forced to do this sooner or later. Better now than later. Because later you will be so deep in this mess that it will become a nightmare for real.

Please, you need to stand up. That is the only way out. And please find ways of making business deals. Working a regular job will never help you out during this century. You need loads of incomes to get that bad debt of your chest quickly. Doing smart business ventures is the way out. And with "smart business ventures" I don't mean investing cash here and there. Keep expenses to a bare minimum and still find ways of raking in the cash. Selling other peoples stuff is a great way. Being a "Finder". Find something for others (like boats, exclusive cars or whatever gives you fat finders fee. And use the finders fee to pay of debt. Don't forget taxes;)).

Right now, you need to be a clever man. Be creative and be resourceful like a mad man.

Alright:)? With me?

marknels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 12, 2008
Only you know if bankruptcy or right or not. I would search out a good bankruptcy attorney and a tax strategist and ask for advice.

We were in a situation from a business about 20 years ago. We did not file bankruptcy. We worked with an attorney and created a plan to pay off our debt. It took us a long time to rebuild our credit. Many times we wished we had filed for bankruptcy.

However there was something in my system that would not allow me to do that. Bankruptcy was not right for me. That is not saying it is not right for you. You have to make that choice. Make sure you learn from this and go on from here.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I do agree with most here. But.... I think when someone asks for help esp. if they are young or are from another country you need to help out with advice and wisdom. Not poke fun at and slander the person into submission!!!
For instance: "G-Alexander you said to contribute more before you ask for help" well gee; I didn't know there was a quota to fill! Also Alex, if someone is from another country and cannot spell a second langue too well don't hammer them. How many langues do YOU speak? How many can you spell fluently??? Besides he is asking if he SHOULD file not how to file. He is asking for our opinions. Give a person credit for seeking knowledge.
Look guys I feel the same as all of you. DO NOT TAKE the easy way out. Pay your debts. But I feel there is a line when someone is down; you don't kick them till their dead. Not on this forum.There are to many great thinkers here to bash someone into submission just for asking for help!
Spammers yes by all means- blast them...Someone giving bad advice-yes absolutely; I have come down on someone , giving bad advice just to hear themselves talk and I will do it again.But lets be more constructive here...
M&T...

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Hi Newlife....here's what you should do, I do agree with everyone else on this post. With that said, may I suggest that you go and talk to a Financial Planner that can help you create a budget that will fit within your means and help get you out of this mess without filing BK. You are far too young to do that and I believe in the end you will feel much better about yourself by digging yourself out of the hole you created. A financial planner will not only help guide you, usually you don't have to pay them for their help until it is time to start INVESTING in yourself (i.e., stocks, bonds, etc...). Make sure you find somebody that is honest. Interview several people and ask for references.

Just a way you can keep your integrity and dig yourself out of this mess. Don't give up!!

I85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 22, 2008
Iowa
Your a loser..... You deserve this sorry to say it.
YOU'RE very helpful ;).

NEWLIFE:
How will this help you control your spending in the future? How will it make you a better person? How will it do anything besides screw over others(not to say it isn't their fault as well).
Sounds like you shouldn't have been given this much money to begin with. Have you considered talking with them to lower you payments and/or balance and maybe a short sale on your home? IMO, they(the lenders) are also to blame and can't be surprised when this happens.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Some of you guys response....I needed a good laugh :eusa_clap:

Anyways....as far as the spot you are in. You bought a house that is now worth less? If it was worth what you paid (if it wasn't, who's fault is it? YOURS!) then just suck it up....make it happen, pay your payments and wait for the upswing.

You got overextended on your credit cards and are now paying your credit cards with your credit cards? Thought about a 2nd job? 3rd job? Make it happen!

How about all of the things you have bought with the credit cards? Sell it, get $$$.

Buy anything from Wal-Mart on the credit card? Take it back, get your $$$. They will refund anything.

I WILL NEVER encourage anyone to try to get a "free ride" but....you could just let the credit cards go and try to save your house. It will ruin your credit for years....but really, if you are already past due on your house/credit cards....it probably sucks already.

My last advice is, learn from your mistakes. What do you have to show for all your debt that you can now pay? How did you get to this point? Learn, grow, and become better from it.

We all face are situations, MJ has spoke about improving your odds of success in business by having your personal finance situation in good standing. Think about what will happen if you file for BK.

Who wants to hire someone that will not repay a debt? Employer might say, "If they won't pay off a credit card, maybe they will steal from my company!?"

Bank says, "This guy can't even pay his credit cards, why should I give him a loan?"

Car company says, "He did not repay his debt, yeah...I will give him a car loan...but at a CRAZY interest rate!"

If you file BK...you have a long road ahead of you. Think more about your future and less about just the straight cash you are saving now.

I hope this post helps you.....

Wow... :nonod:

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Are you there? The number one thing you must do for yourself is answer this post and you must do it fast and respond with what you have learned thus far!!!

Your problem is discipline at the source and willful avoiding of reality. You want what you cannot have and have substituted material things for investing in yourself. You must learn to work and work is thinking. Having things takes responsibility which is another discipline.

The heart of your discipline problem is not understanding how to delay gratification.

You must immediately sell all your assets (liabilities) and restructure the remaining debt. You will have nothing - then start over paying cash for your first vehicle (something you can sleep in).

Study the 4 tools of discipline till you understand them as they will save your life 1) delay gratification, 2) acceptance of responsibility, 3) balancing, & 4) dedication to the truth

You must cure the behavior problem before you can even think about fastlane assets. Your objective is to learn problem solving abilities. You currently have none.

Start studying.

:iagree: ... Take this advice and run with it!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
On every mortgage application I have seen there is one line that is going to be a deal breaker for you in the future. They all, without exception, ask if you have every had a foreclosure. There is no time limit associated with that question.

Sounds like you need a plan to get you out of the hole you're in. Here's a plan that Russ has made for investing. It could be adapted to digging out of a hole as well. Good luck.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/your-goals-your-fastlane-plan/544-how-develop-your-plan.html

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
M&T said:
Alex, if someone is from another country and cannot spell a second langue too well don't hammer them. How many langues do YOU speak? How many can you spell fluently???

M&T, the guy works for the US Postal Service.

I don't think they have any offices in other countries. ;)

-Russ H.

newlife9

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 15, 2008
Hi, thanks every one for your words and careness , and also excuse for my english, it's not my native language( i came to usa for about 5 yr, and still learning it), and also srry .for those spam post i made to make this thread...

now i understand that i came to the right forum where ppl really helpful..i also thought that i will pay off my debt because i cause it, then the Bankcuptcy ideas came to my head, so i feel confuse, and i found this forum, so i post to ask...

I also realized instead of running away from problem im facing right now, i will deal with it... in the past, I 've came closed to pay off my debt and build my wealth, but because of greediness, and lacking of discipline, cause me into this situation again. i was starting trading forex like like 3 yr ago, and on my second yr, i was turning $400 to $30k in 2 months with method i develope and trading very discipline, then i don't cashout part of it to pay my debt, then the greediness and the lost of discipline, i had blow the account in a week, after that i felt depress and give up until now..

After thinking and making plan to pay off my debt and get on to the fastlane..i came up with this plan..can any one give me yr opions about my plan..

- i will call the mortgage lender and ask them for modified loan or short sale.
- i will call my credit card to rearrange my payment.
- I will pay attention about my spending habit
- i will use income from my job to pay credit card payment every monnths.
- i will go back to my trading forex, and build my discipline and emotion again..
- i will running some affiliate probgram to build passive income..
- i will pay off my debt from small balance to big balance.
- i will sell thing i dun need to pay off the debt.
- i will print this as poster and stick it on my wall
1) delay gratification, 2) acceptance of responsibility, 3) balancing, & 4) dedication to the truth
- i will study listen and read atleast 2 finanancial / self help books every months.

Thanks every one again for your word/wisdom..im very gratefull..:)

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Welcome Newlife,
WOW. Interesting thread. The best advise (insert opinion) here is to learn how to change you. What have you learned from the situation you are in? What do you have control of and how can you control it to move you from where you are to where you want to be. PLAN.

Start with one of THE most popular threads on this forum: How to Develop Your Plan.
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/your-goals-your-fastlane-plan/544-how-develop-your-plan.html

Although the route of the above thread takes time and is not always fastlane, there is invaluable information within it. Read and do ALL of it. If you do, you will know the answer to your own question of whether or not to file bankruptcy.

You DO have a couple of things on your side... you are young enough to change AND you have time to be able to change. As Russ said, only YOU can make things change. Come up with a plan, stick with it and you will be amazed at the confidence you will have once yoour first goals are met.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Russ,
I see he was here a few years. So my comment stands. Do you disagree?
M&T...............

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
I also realized instead of running away from problem im facing right now, i will deal with it... in the past, I 've came closed to pay off my debt and build my wealth, but because of greediness, and lacking of discipline, cause me into this situation again. i was starting trading forex like like 3 yr ago, and on my second yr, i was turning $400 to $30k in 2 months with method i develope and trading very discipline, then i don't cashout part of it to pay my debt, then the greediness and the lost of discipline, i had blow the account in a week, after that i felt depress and give up until now..

After thinking and making plan to pay off my debt and get on to the fastlane..i came up with this plan..can any one give me yr opions about my plan..

- i will call the mortgage lender and ask them for modified loan or short sale.
- i will call my credit card to rearrange my payment.
- I will pay attention about my spending habit
- i will use income from my job to pay credit card payment every monnths.
- i will go back to my trading forex, and build my discipline and emotion again..
- i will running some affiliate probgram to build passive income..
- i will pay off my debt from small balance to big balance.
- i will sell thing i dun need to pay off the debt.
- i will print this as poster and stick it on my wall
1) delay gratification, 2) acceptance of responsibility, 3) balancing, & 4) dedication to the truth
- i will study listen and read atleast 2 finanancial / self help books every months.

Thanks every one again for your word/wisdom..im very gratefull..:)
Great plan you have ahead of you. Sounds like you lost track coz of environment? Good luck in your path. :smug2:

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I rest my case. Here is a guy that truly wants to do the right thing and is trying to figure out a way to do it! Good for you. You are putting a plan in action and I commend you for it. Many famous people fell on rough times only to come back stronger than ever. People that go through tough times get strong and you will too.Keep going and don't stop. Work your plan and create good relationships with key people that can help you. Good luck and remember there will always be na-sayers; don'tlet them stop you!
M&T...

msa1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 27, 2008
West Bloomfield MI
Someone on another board I post at tried that "my house lost value so I quit paying on it thing".

He took alot of flack.

I have alot of debt right now and my contracting business is real slow. I still want to pay off my debt though. There is pride in paying back what was extended to you.
I'd feel like a total failure if I had to claim bankruptcy. I have alot of pride in my word though.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I just think this young man was confused about a few things. He is on the right track. It is always good to ask questions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.