Our numbers are terrible. We have a high number of orphaned carts and I am trying to figure out why. I am totally new to e-commerce so I am not sure what to do.
We have the traffic, despite no marketing or advertising. The only way people find us if they are looking for a certain item or they are a repeat customer. Suprisingly enough, the website keeps on going, even when we tried to let it "die."
Our web guy is debuting new features/tools/new system to our shopping cart so I am very excited about that. However, I would really like to decrease the orphaned carts and increase our fulfillment. Another of our webguy's clients sells organic peanut butter and their fulfillment rate is 52%! What am I missing?? :bgh: Here is a link to the site, if someone could help me with what we are doing wrong or if I am taking the right steps below to correct it.
Things that need to be improved that I am aware of:
- need to have more selective, unique items, we don't want to compete with musicians
friend or guitar center
- need to advertise and market ourselves
- need to include reviews and videos of our products (this is readily available from the
manufacturer - just have not been able to get to it yet)
- create product packages (for example, if you buy this ukulele, we recommend Cases
A, B and C and here are the package prices)
- website needs to be updated (this should be happening within a month or so)
- some resource type things, the listening lounge, venue listing, artist pages are on hold
until I/we increase our shopping carts
Things I am doing now:
- updating our current product descriptions and pricing
- creating a small collection of FAQ on certain products (I have very little musical
instrument knowledge so everytime we get a question from the customer I have to
ask my husband about laqcuer shrinkage or the difference between a soprano ukulele
and a concert ukulele, etc. I have been compiling the answers to create a resource
library of sorts)
- researching what tasks can be outsourced and creating a sample project before I
commit to someone (so I can work on the things that need to be improved!)
- 99% of our products are drop shipped so that helps me
What can I do to increase our sales fulfillment and decrease the number of orphaned carts? I am a little hesitant to make a drastic change considering that we are getting an updated website and new shopping cart features.
Right now, the site pays the bills and very little fun stuff. I want to improve it so we can really start pursuing the other aspects of the original plan. For example, I would love to be able to talk to Russ or Yves about the possibility of having a music clinic or festival at their locations. We also want to build up our real estate portfolio, which is where my husband has been spending most of his time. But I need to get more money coming in first!
We have the traffic, despite no marketing or advertising. The only way people find us if they are looking for a certain item or they are a repeat customer. Suprisingly enough, the website keeps on going, even when we tried to let it "die."
Our web guy is debuting new features/tools/new system to our shopping cart so I am very excited about that. However, I would really like to decrease the orphaned carts and increase our fulfillment. Another of our webguy's clients sells organic peanut butter and their fulfillment rate is 52%! What am I missing?? :bgh: Here is a link to the site, if someone could help me with what we are doing wrong or if I am taking the right steps below to correct it.
Things that need to be improved that I am aware of:
- need to have more selective, unique items, we don't want to compete with musicians
friend or guitar center
- need to advertise and market ourselves
- need to include reviews and videos of our products (this is readily available from the
manufacturer - just have not been able to get to it yet)
- create product packages (for example, if you buy this ukulele, we recommend Cases
A, B and C and here are the package prices)
- website needs to be updated (this should be happening within a month or so)
- some resource type things, the listening lounge, venue listing, artist pages are on hold
until I/we increase our shopping carts
Things I am doing now:
- updating our current product descriptions and pricing
- creating a small collection of FAQ on certain products (I have very little musical
instrument knowledge so everytime we get a question from the customer I have to
ask my husband about laqcuer shrinkage or the difference between a soprano ukulele
and a concert ukulele, etc. I have been compiling the answers to create a resource
library of sorts)
- researching what tasks can be outsourced and creating a sample project before I
commit to someone (so I can work on the things that need to be improved!)
- 99% of our products are drop shipped so that helps me
What can I do to increase our sales fulfillment and decrease the number of orphaned carts? I am a little hesitant to make a drastic change considering that we are getting an updated website and new shopping cart features.
Right now, the site pays the bills and very little fun stuff. I want to improve it so we can really start pursuing the other aspects of the original plan. For example, I would love to be able to talk to Russ or Yves about the possibility of having a music clinic or festival at their locations. We also want to build up our real estate portfolio, which is where my husband has been spending most of his time. But I need to get more money coming in first!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
