The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shit happens, I was born in shit.

2cher

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 12, 2022
How difficult it is to live in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, it's simply unrealistic, it's some kind of Mordor.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
How difficult it is to live in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, it's simply unrealistic, it's some kind of Mordor.

So what are you gonna do about it?

dafangcoach

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 23, 2022
Taiwan
I've been in psychological mordor, namely having depression from 19 to 30 years old.
The moment i decided to live differently, and take small steps to change my life, everything starts to change.
If i were born in mainland China, quite similar to Russia 20 years back, i would work my a$$ off to get scholarship and study abroad, and stay abroad.
Simply put, when there's a will, there's a way.
Back to working on my assets.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Unless you are bound in a wheelchair or have any kind of severe impairments, you are free to do anything you want with your life.

And a real life example of Mordor would be a 20th century concentration camp - not the best place to spend your vacation.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
There's probably some guy in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine planning his escape as I type this up. He's going to be a big winner someday, and he will have all the things he wanted besides maybe 200 million-dollar yachts. He will have access to 80% of all the ladies, fine houses, cabins, and fast cars.

All that keeps him going is the simple thought of "I'm better than this" and "as if I'll lose because of my shitty environment"

JoeTube

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 13, 2022
I've been in psychological mordor, namely having depression from 19 to 30 years old.
The moment i decided to live differently, and take small steps to change my life, everything starts to change.
If i were born in mainland China, quite similar to Russia 20 years back, i would work my a$$ off to get scholarship and study abroad, and stay abroad.
Simply put, when there's a will, there's a way.
Back to working on my assets.
Hi @dafangcoach I am going through a similar path and at a similar age. I'm 32 and am working my way out of numbness and semi-depression.
Have you got any specific advice to keep grinding towards improvement without running out of energy and determination?

I am struggling a bit to remain patient because, even though I know for sure that it's going to take time, now that I am determined to be the best version of myself and become a entrepreneur, I want to achieve those goals quickly.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dafangcoach

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 23, 2022
Taiwan
Hi @dafangcoach I am going through a similar path and at a similar age. I'm 32 and am working my way out of numbness and semi-depression.
Have you got any specific advice to keep grinding towards improvement without running out of energy and determination?

I am struggling a bit to remain patient because, even though I know for sure that it's going to take time, now that I am determined to be the best version of myself and become a entrepreneur, I want to achieve those goals quickly.

Thanks
Hi JoeTube,

The stuff that works for me are:
1. Joining a qigong group where the people there are oddly optimistic, i guess the atmosphere there (in person) affects me quite a bit and allow me to bootstrap out of my depression.
2. Begin practicing the qigong (you can replace it with jogging or gym or yoga or whatever physical activity you fancy)
3. Begin to start reading again (books like Influence by Robert Cialdini) and some other positive emotion books (can't remember).
4. As per your "keep grinding towards improvement without running out of energy and determination", i think the balance will be different for every person. For me it's work intensely for 5 days, and rest for 2 days (still in the rat race!), but i judge the result, not the form.
5. Yes, of course, patience will be the biggest thing, as I know, I'm like you, i want results fast. Maybe a stroll in the park can help calm you down. Take deep breath (using yoga or taiqi).

Let me know i can help you with anything else!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Hi JoeTube,

1. Joining a qigong group where the people there are oddly optimistic, i guess the atmosphere there (in person) affects me quite a bit and allow me to bootstrap out of my depression.
2. Begin practicing the qigong (you can replace it with jogging or gym or yoga or whatever physical activity you fancy)
3. Begin to start reading again (books like Influence by Robert Cialdini) and some other positive emotion books (can't remember).
4. As per your "keep grinding towards improvement without running out of energy and determination", i think the balance will be different for every person. For me it's work intensely for 5 days, and rest for 2 days (still in the rat race!), but i judge the result, not the form.
5. Yes, of course, patience will be the biggest thing, as I know, I'm like you, i want results fast. Maybe a stroll in the park can help calm you down. Take deep breath (using yoga or taiqi).

Nice tips coach. Where in Taiwan do you live? I spent two years in Kaoshiung, I miss K-Town so much, living there on an American salary was the dream.

JoeTube

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 13, 2022
Hi JoeTube,

Thanks for your reply!

Qi Gong seems interesting, I'll look into that, however I already practice some activities. I also read a lot.

The shift I am working on in this moment is from theoretical to practical. I've always remained in the "world of ideas"...
One really inspiring quote I read recently says (more or less) that understanding something is an order of magnitude easier than acting on that something and making it work in the real world.
The fact is that I always thought that understanding something was half of the work. Maybe for someone very pragmatic, but not for me. Therefore, I am focusing on not losing the "practicality/work/action" momentum, but I fear of losing stamina.

I can use some walks and relaxing activities, but every minute not spent on changing my situation (Slowlane) seems a minute lost and this thought is kinda stressful. On the other hand, I know for sure I have to balance, because I cannot afford to burnout.

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
Stop being a victim and blaming your background, upbringing, country of birth. There will be people that have made it that have started off in worst circumstances than you. If they can do it so can you. Get an idea and put 100% of everything you have got into making money out of it. Small steps all add up, all you have to do is stop thinking and start taking action

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...