What's new

Shattering conventional

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

sveegaard

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jul 21, 2019
Messages
15
Rep Bank
$220
User Power: 73%
Hi there,

I am a scientist (and trained chemical engineer) who seeks the freedom to do whatever I like. I stumbled upon the Fastlane book - read it - and it changed my view on some things.

First things first - I love research, but it is getting increasingly more difficult to 'just do what everybody does': Take postdoc positions, bust your a$$ off just to get funding, etc. I have made some decisions that have made it extra difficult for me to follow 'the usual path'.
Therefore, I have been thinking about how to 'hack' my career, possibly by creating a business to make a passive income and then use this income to finance my research.

I've read Tim Ferris' '4-hour work week' as an inspiration, but I also read MJs Fastlane book recently. While MJ warns that the reader might be offended, I really enjoyed the book and how he roasted some more or less famous 'get rich' authors. It really gave me a new perspective on the subject.
Anyhow, as much as I am afraid to get toasted in this forum, I am excited to discover a book and a forum that really seems honest about how the 'get rich' scheme really works. Currently, I am in a university position and getting involved in real estate investing, but I want an income stream that helps me do whatever research I want. I've been a victim to the 'just build a business to earn some money' idea or the 'just do what you love' idea (thanks, Ferris), but the Fastlane book really opened my eyes to the proper way to start a business. It doesn't have to be what interest you the most, it has to solve a problem - and you need the passion to generate wealth.

Anyhow, I'll start some (n00b) threads in the forum shortly. And the title? I just love to do what others don't.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni ecuesf, hsiev vu jewi ze!

O en e tdoipvotv (epf vseopif djinodem iphopiis)

O en iydovif vu fotduwis e cuul epf e gusan vjev siemmz tiint jupitv ecuav jux vji 'hiv sodj' tdjini siemmz xuslt.

Ximm "hiv sodj" xuslt og zua qez evvipvoup vu xjev gix fu puv: nevjinevodt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom