MJ DeMarco
I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Another Google algorithm change and another swarm of internet marketers woke up to find out that their business is DEAD.
I've heard some folks claim "SEO is dead" -- but is it really? Perhaps what is really dead is your dumb article site that doesn't provide any value whatsoever except to flood the SERPS with meaningless results?
If the search engines are dead, then so is SEO.
The fact is, when your focus is SEO, your chasing search results.
When your focus is content and value, you're chasing real results.
The Fastlane Forum received about 50,000 visitors last month. I'm sure page views were around 1/2 million.
Do you know how much TIME AND MONEY I put into SEO?
Absolutely nothing.
You see, I don't care about SEO -- what I DO CARE ABOUT is content and value that people will find useful. Is anyone really shocked that Google doesn't care about some stupid-a$$ blog article that you paid some FiveRR writer 5 bucks to write?
I find the SEO game is much like money. People who provide value to the world don't have a problem making money. And shockingly, content providers who provide extreme value don't seem to have a problem with SEO either.
And then of course there is that entrepreneurs' business plan... in the section where it says "Traffic" -- their method of getting traffic?
SEO.
#FAIL. (Commandment of Control, The Millionaire Fastlane, page 224)
Sorry, but if your primary method of getting traffic is "SEO", this tells me your product is not good enough to stand on its own. No one shares it. No one recommends it. Nope, you need to rely on an algorithm to drive traffic, and hence sales.
Do you seriously think a sophisticated investor wants his investment (and future revenues) incumbent and dependent on Google?
Folks, forget about SEO, or at least, re-prioritize it. Focus on a great product; one that is shared, recommended, and one that drives a continuous sales cycle by virtue of it's use and recommendation.
Your product is the main course at dinner, the steak, not the salt by which the steak is seasoned.
I've heard some folks claim "SEO is dead" -- but is it really? Perhaps what is really dead is your dumb article site that doesn't provide any value whatsoever except to flood the SERPS with meaningless results?
If the search engines are dead, then so is SEO.
The fact is, when your focus is SEO, your chasing search results.
When your focus is content and value, you're chasing real results.
The Fastlane Forum received about 50,000 visitors last month. I'm sure page views were around 1/2 million.
Do you know how much TIME AND MONEY I put into SEO?
Absolutely nothing.
You see, I don't care about SEO -- what I DO CARE ABOUT is content and value that people will find useful. Is anyone really shocked that Google doesn't care about some stupid-a$$ blog article that you paid some FiveRR writer 5 bucks to write?
I find the SEO game is much like money. People who provide value to the world don't have a problem making money. And shockingly, content providers who provide extreme value don't seem to have a problem with SEO either.
And then of course there is that entrepreneurs' business plan... in the section where it says "Traffic" -- their method of getting traffic?
SEO.
#FAIL. (Commandment of Control, The Millionaire Fastlane, page 224)
Sorry, but if your primary method of getting traffic is "SEO", this tells me your product is not good enough to stand on its own. No one shares it. No one recommends it. Nope, you need to rely on an algorithm to drive traffic, and hence sales.
Do you seriously think a sophisticated investor wants his investment (and future revenues) incumbent and dependent on Google?
Folks, forget about SEO, or at least, re-prioritize it. Focus on a great product; one that is shared, recommended, and one that drives a continuous sales cycle by virtue of it's use and recommendation.
Your product is the main course at dinner, the steak, not the salt by which the steak is seasoned.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

