The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

davidbc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 6, 2020
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask for your opinion and advice and also to Mr.J Demarco.

Passionate about SEO, I am looking for a business model where I could create content, create traffic and monetize it to make interesting profits (100% passive income) with 100% free traffic through SEO. By following the advice of "Fastlane Millionaire" I do not wish to depend on an affiliate company such as Amazon or other affiliate companies. Do you have a business model to suggest me? A lead to direct me to?

Thank you for your help

David

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
As someone who spent the first six years of my career doing SEO and affiliate marketing... this is a dream. Passive income when you're not sat on 7-figures is essentially a myth. Also, the days of easy rankings are long, long gone.

If I was starting from scratch and had no idea what to do, I would probably start a local business doing A/C installation, power washing, fence installation. Something with minimal barrier to entry / skill requirement, and could within a couple months rank 1st for everything local and have more projects than I knew what to do with.

That's a real business that offers real value, and a real marketing moat when competing with small local businesses. Maybe I'd start offering additional services after.

SEO is a tool, it's not a business. It's a job. Or, it's a tool for you to use to generate leads for a business. SEO in and of itself is not a business, unless you want to be an agency, which you do not want to do.

The dream of running a blog and cashing cheques is just that, a dream.

I say this as someone who directed millions of dollars per year for a large investing group, purchasing blogs and content websites that relied on affiliate income.

Olov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 10, 2019
I'm curious about this too.

I've been doing SEO/IM for a couple of years now and doing quite good. I still have a full-time job, but I'm making 4x my full-time job salary every month. So now I'm about to quit and go full SEO.

I have several websites making bread, to spread the risk a bit. But it's still a game that could change overnight. Rankings come and go, go and come. So it's overall a risky idea. Especially since I live in a country where I don't speak the language yet, so getting a normal job is out of the question.

I'm thinking about starting a writing business on the side of my SEO stuff, just to diversify a bit.

The thing with SEO is that you don't really own anything apart from your website. You rely on Google rankings (most often) and the affiliate programs. That's a lot of reliance on such unstable things. Just look at what happened with Amazon commissions recently.

I know I might be really off topic in this post. But OP, I think creating your own product and then doing paid ads is kinda related to what you are doing now. Might be worth looking into.

It would be interesting to hear about people's experiences regarding SEO as a business model.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Do you have a business model to suggest me?

You can try and rank and rent websites. So you make a generic website "tulsaplumber.com" or "kalamazooairconditioning.com" and then rank it in google (with a fake address so it shows on the google maps results, a big greyaht back and forth thing with google in itself right now)

once you're ranked you find a legitimate company that does plumbing or ca and figure out something that works for both of you (they rent all the leads for a flat fee, or pay per lead etc)

So that's the sort of skeevy 6+ months at least to execute plan (which might fail overnight because of a google update)

Or you could build a white label agency that does content creation for other digital marketing agencies.

Or jump on the digital marketing agency bandwagon yourself.

Ceesjan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 6, 2015
Why not land some clients first and use the cash to fund your own sites?

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
I'll share a recent experience that happened with my friend recently concerning passive income.

He works at a tech company and they needed someone to install the tech 'products' on a physical object.

Anyway, he referred them to his friend who's got many contacts across the country where they can provide that service, similar to contracting.

Anyway, currently he still works at the same tech company, however he also makes %20 on all profits made by the contractors because he's the one who brought in the sale and made the connection. Around 12k+ a month deal.

Now that's how he got a passive income stream. Hope it helps.

JordanAvery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 24, 2020
Miami
Sorry to disappoint you, but you're looking for something that's not real. I don't see anything wrong with affiliates, and they're a great way to start, because indeed, in this business you rely on affiliates and Google rankings. However, if someone managed to do something out of this, I'm taking my words back, and I'd be glad to see results. If I tried this model, I would include Youtube in the game because of its endless opportunities, however, you need to find the appropriate niche and devote a lot of time until you'll see results.

Last edited:

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Ahh.. the old 'push a button and the money rolls in' business model ..

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
Don't believe the naysayers.

It's absolutely possible, especially if you combine blogging with Youtube.

I'm doing this myself and I will cross $100k this year, most of it more or less passive.

However, there is a catch.

It will very likely to take you 2-4 years of consistent content creation to get to that level (with basically no results in the first year).

SEO is a very long-term game and you really need to know the audience you are serving and know how to monetize that niche.

You can get there a bit faster if you buy an established website, which has been neglected and you revive.

Of course you really need to know what you are doing in SEO.

If you don't there is a huge risk, so better create a blog about a topic that you are passionate about anyway and have a proven way to monetize.

*A client-based done-for you SEO business working with real businesses will make you money much faster.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I know someone that, about 4-5 years ago, started a website and wrote one article per day for a year. After about 1.5 years he was earning 50k/mo from affiliate commissions (VPN service). He let it ride and slacked off for two years and continued to earn, though less and less each month. Had he known and applied SEO, he would have a million dollar blog. But, he was lazy and wanted to party. He didn't even pay his taxes.

Today, the website is barely alive. The moral of the story is that it's definitely possible, but you have to pick the right thing to write about and do a lot of it for a long time. There are also a ton of companies that do this exclusively and will sniff your success out and replicate it, probably better than you can.

I think you should try it if you want. Who knows where you'll end up? The skills generated will be valuable.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Hello everybody,

Passionate about SEO, I am looking for a business model where I could create content, create traffic and monetize it to make interesting profits (100% passive income) with 100% free traffic through SEO. By following the advice of "Fastlane Millionaire" I do not wish to depend on an affiliate company such as Amazon or other affiliate companies. Do you have a business model to suggest me? A lead to direct me to?

Thank you for your help

David
I don't know if you have made any moves in a particular direction yet ( hopefully, action is always greater than inaction) but if you haven't...have you considered doing SEO for your own sites? Like building a site in a local area and ranking it yourself? I'm building my empire off of that and I know many others personally now that have as well.

I wish you the best!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hello everybody,

Thank you for your help

David

Here's my opinion on a good business model that satisfies your requirements.

Following the CENTS principles would likely steer you towards a business that serves a digital product or service because it scales, isn't attached to your time, and if it's on your own website, you have a good amount of control. Creating content can be tough to have control though since you post the content on social media platforms...so you need to diversify your presence online.

You just need entry and need.

Building a good SAAS company is hard but doable. There's your entry. SAAS companies also have pretty good customer LTV because it's paid over a long time on a subscription usually.

In my opinion, the best way to go about content marketing isn't looking for a problem and then making content around it...it's finding an AUDIENCE to make content for, and then solving THEIR PROBLEMS with your product or service (in this case most likely a SAAS for CENTS's sake)

Most likely, the best audience is something you're already a part of. Scratching your own itch is a great way to build a business. Also, it's easier to produce content when you already know about it or have some sort of expertise.

Example: You own a local service business. You get a lot of very bad customers and even some that scam you, lie, leave bad reviews, etc... You wish there was a way to filter out bad customers BEFORE signing them up so when you did large projects, you didn't have to worry about being taken advantage of...

So, you make content for other service business owners about how to best run a service business and you build up a large audience on youtube, and you notice that they also deal with the same problem, so you create a website where customers and employees are reviewed by the businesses instead of the other way around. It's all handled automatically so you are location independent, you can scale quickly because 10,000 people could all be paying you a monthly fee to use the site and check if their new employees or potential customers are going to cause any problems, and you don't have to do much to change how the business runs. And you didn't have to pay for any ads. All content.

This is one example but there are lots more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.