The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

SEO Business Model

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

davidbc

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2020
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask for your opinion and advice and also to Mr.J Demarco.

Passionate about SEO, I am looking for a business model where I could create content, create traffic and monetize it to make interesting profits (100% passive income) with 100% free traffic through SEO. By following the advice of "Fastlane Millionaire" I do not wish to depend on an affiliate company such as Amazon or other affiliate companies. Do you have a business model to suggest me? A lead to direct me to?

Thank you for your help

David

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2018
As someone who spent the first six years of my career doing SEO and affiliate marketing... this is a dream. Passive income when you're not sat on 7-figures is essentially a myth. Also, the days of easy rankings are long, long gone.

If I was starting from scratch and had no idea what to do, I would probably start a local business doing A/C installation, power washing, fence installation. Something with minimal barrier to entry / skill requirement, and could within a couple months rank 1st for everything local and have more projects than I knew what to do with.

That's a real business that offers real value, and a real marketing moat when competing with small local businesses. Maybe I'd start offering additional services after.

SEO is a tool, it's not a business. It's a job. Or, it's a tool for you to use to generate leads for a business. SEO in and of itself is not a business, unless you want to be an agency, which you do not want to do.

The dream of running a blog and cashing cheques is just that, a dream.

I say this as someone who directed millions of dollars per year for a large investing group, purchasing blogs and content websites that relied on affiliate income.

jaminson

New Contributor
Mar 7, 2020
London
I think that a good passive income requires a lot of knowledge in that area, and it's very difficult. When I first started my seo journey I found a company that provides seo training sunshine coast and learned a lot from them. They use an easy-going, relaxed approach to seo training and also use real-life examples to help you to understand what is this and why you need it. What you're looking for is too good to be true I would say, but I might be mistaken. If you do find such a business model, share your experience with us.

Last edited:

Olov

New Contributor
Jul 10, 2019
I'm curious about this too.

I've been doing SEO/IM for a couple of years now and doing quite good. I still have a full-time job, but I'm making 4x my full-time job salary every month. So now I'm about to quit and go full SEO.

I have several websites making bread, to spread the risk a bit. But it's still a game that could change overnight. Rankings come and go, go and come. So it's overall a risky idea. Especially since I live in a country where I don't speak the language yet, so getting a normal job is out of the question.

I'm thinking about starting a writing business on the side of my SEO stuff, just to diversify a bit.

The thing with SEO is that you don't really own anything apart from your website. You rely on Google rankings (most often) and the affiliate programs. That's a lot of reliance on such unstable things. Just look at what happened with Amazon commissions recently.

I know I might be really off topic in this post. But OP, I think creating your own product and then doing paid ads is kinda related to what you are doing now. Might be worth looking into.

It would be interesting to hear about people's experiences regarding SEO as a business model.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Do you have a business model to suggest me?
You can try and rank and rent websites. So you make a generic website "tulsaplumber.com" or "kalamazooairconditioning.com" and then rank it in google (with a fake address so it shows on the google maps results, a big greyaht back and forth thing with google in itself right now)

once you're ranked you find a legitimate company that does plumbing or ca and figure out something that works for both of you (they rent all the leads for a flat fee, or pay per lead etc)

So that's the sort of skeevy 6+ months at least to execute plan (which might fail overnight because of a google update)

Or you could build a white label agency that does content creation for other digital marketing agencies.

Or jump on the digital marketing agency bandwagon yourself.

Yzn

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 1, 2018
I'll share a recent experience that happened with my friend recently concerning passive income.

He works at a tech company and they needed someone to install the tech 'products' on a physical object.

Anyway, he referred them to his friend who's got many contacts across the country where they can provide that service, similar to contracting.

Anyway, currently he still works at the same tech company, however he also makes %20 on all profits made by the contractors because he's the one who brought in the sale and made the connection. Around 12k+ a month deal.

Now that's how he got a passive income stream. Hope it helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom