I'm hoping that someone here can enlighten me about how this works because I know nothing about this area and I feel like a lot of people are trying to give me the wrong information to get me to go back to a slowlane job faster.
Is it true that it's harder to get a Mortgage if you're self employed?
I'm looking to get a house with my wife this summer. She's a teacher with pretty good pay and I'm currently working for myself. I have had a handful of people tell me that we won't get a mortgage because of self-employment and lack of a consistent check, but they are the same people who tell me that working 9-5 is great for you.
I really know nothing about this area and I need to spend the next few months educating myself so I don't do anything stupid.
Based on my experience so far, I feel like I'm not the only person who has been told this information.
Is it true that it's harder to get a Mortgage if you're self employed?
I'm looking to get a house with my wife this summer. She's a teacher with pretty good pay and I'm currently working for myself. I have had a handful of people tell me that we won't get a mortgage because of self-employment and lack of a consistent check, but they are the same people who tell me that working 9-5 is great for you.
I really know nothing about this area and I need to spend the next few months educating myself so I don't do anything stupid.
Based on my experience so far, I feel like I'm not the only person who has been told this information.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
