The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking a Good Website Broker

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

FrankRumbauskas

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 2, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Okay, the financials are all done and I'm ready to sell NeverColdCall.com. BUT - the major question is finding a good website broker, who will both list the site at it's fair market value, while also having the contacts and visibility to attract the right buyer.

I've interviewed two brokers who came as referrals from very trusted colleagues. Both gave very different valuations of the site. I spoke with a friend who is in the private equity world and he warned me that brokers will usually under-value a business in order to score a quick sale and fast commission. And I believe him because both brokers bragged of how fast they sell sites.

The other variable here is the value of the site to someone within the industry, vs. a general investor seeking a web property to buy for passive cash flow and nothing else. While broker opinions have ranged from 2x - 3.5x earnings, it could easily be worth 5x or more to an industry giant like Sandler Sales, Dale Carnegie Training, etc. who could immediately sell the product to their customers as well as market their products to NeverColdCall.com's email list of around 250,000 actives.

If anyone has a good broker they could refer me to, that would be HUGELY appreciated - thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

FrankRumbauskas

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 2, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Have you contacted them directly?

Not yet but that's on my list this week, I just got the completed financials yesterday which I passed on to my Silicon Valley friend. Once his guys come up with an accurate # I'll start going after these guys. There's also value to a larger business in getting rid of competition - some sales have happened for this reason alone.

FrankRumbauskas

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 2, 2013
Dallas, Texas
BTW I've had someone recommend an email to my customer list since it includes a good number of wealthy entrepreneurs and the like, however any notion of a pending sale might spook them out of continuing purchases.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jph

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 21, 2013
Cocoa, Florida
... however any notion of a pending sale might spook them out of continuing purchases.
Maybe word the email so that it looks like you are looking for investors to "take the site to the next level". The people with real money would respond, while the consumers without the means won't be spooked from continuing to purchase.

G

gorillaads1

I have been providing white label website solutions for 5 years now. I have a great system in place. Would love to talk about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.