The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Searching for My Entrance to the Fastlane While Driving down a Dirty, Beaten down Road

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016
Hello Fastlane Forum,

I was a long-time lurker and am becoming increasingly convinced in the philosophy you guys here preach.

It's a great place here that @MJ DeMarco built, and I feel especially privileged to have stumbled upon this community of people, who are all working on earning their sweet, sweet financial freedom.

Some of them have already made it to the destination I hope to arrive at someday, and I’m eager to learn from their wisdom and wit.

When I read most of the gold threads, things finally clicked for me. And all the doubts I had about the concepts laid out here were quickly removed.

Having seen some of his posts, MJ seems like a cool guy that has been there and done that. But sadly I haven’t read his book yet. (It’s going to happen soon, I promise :))

Now on to me.

You must wonder what I meant by that ‘dirty and beaten down road’ in my title. What does this clumsy metaphor of mine represent?

It represents the corruption and the selfishness that is prevalent in my country. It represents all the blocked out roads I can’t take.

Not here to make excuses, trust me. And not here to rant either, so I am going to keep things positive and make a long story short.

A poor country with large upfront costs to pay and a meager salary makes for a bad business climate.

Offline business are off the menu for me right now, mainly because of lack of capital to deal with the bribes, racketeering, and the unnecessary paperwork that is used to drain you of most of your funds.

So I’m looking to deliver value in the online world instead.

Started freelancing and learning some copywriting last summer, and got paid a little in the process. I owe it to @SinisterLex 's copywriting thread, which brought to my awareness the opportunities of the copy world.

So that’s my story in short. I’m glad to be here, and I hope I can contribute to this awesome community.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for the intro. No worries about not reading the book, at least for now, ha ha.

May I ask what country? (I can check your IP, but this is for the benefit of others.)

Welcome to the forum. :)

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Welcome aboard and coming out of the shadows. Yes, tell us where you are from and what do you do?

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016
Thank you for the intro. No worries about not reading the book, at least for now, ha ha.

May I ask what country? (I can check your IP, but this is for the benefit of others.)

Welcome to the forum. :)
I'd rather you to check my IP, because I really don't like bashing my country in public.

But I will say that it is a small country in SE Europe.

And wow, I now realize how grim I made it sound to live here lol.

I wrote the above from the perspective of a young college kid with no connections whatsoever looking to start a small business. May have been a tad pessimistic, though :)

The government actually promotes foreign businesses to invest with little administrative barriers.

And the low salary makes it a great opportunity due to cheap labor.

The irony is that sometimes more leeway is given to foreign investors than domestic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016
Welcome aboard and coming out of the shadows. Yes, tell us where you are from and what do you do?
I'm a college student currently year and a half shy of graduation. My study is surveying and I'm afraid that it isn't the right path for me.

Started freelancing as a copywriter last summer, so you could.add entry level copywriting to my list of skills.

My copywriting journey came to a halt because of parent pressure. So here I am buried in books, and my mind is in a brighter place.

I don't have anything else to add, so that about covers it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...