The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Right Place For Learning to Channel My Scatter-Brained Action?

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Hi,

I am Process. The reason I chose this username is that I have been trying lot's and lot's of ventures the last 9 months.(like a guy who swings wild haymakers since he is fed up with being screwed with by delusional people in charge of him)

Some examples are web designing, computer repair, copywriting for my niche site, promoting affiliate offers with PPC traffic, buying and selling off of Craigslist, selling onsite SEO freelancing, and many more.

I've made some money, but nothing to write home about.

Usually I have no issue starting things. It is that... I want to do too many things. This has resulted in me tossing aside the bird in my hand and chasing another two in the bush.

I just need to channel this all. The main problem I realized is that I haven't made anything exclusive or process based. It is time to level up.

Every night this week, I am reading TMFL and Unscripted . TMFL has already given me a lot of insight. Each day, I will focus on one to three things to implement.

The reason for joining this forum is it is more than a side hustle type of forum. Many Seo and IM forums are not really about building a business. (They are too focused on the technical stuff!) I actually found TFLF by searching and applying the thread I found by searching "cold calling forum" on Google.

My gut tells me I'm in the right place with my type of people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Update: I've read the kindle edition of TMFL. I bought the kindle versions of TMFL and Unscripted . I am now 30% of the way through Unscripted . Also, I have bought the paperback versions for a more intense second reading. (for underlining by hand)

1. Currently my main source of income is freelance copywriting and onpage seo. So I am focusing on making more of a system to service this N component of
CENTS.

I've noted everything that has worked for me in terms of landing clients and have written it down. Now I have tested this process and have found a few extra steps that lead nowhere. My proof of this is that I have been accepted to two gigs without these steps. This is nearly a 50% increase of my avg. weekly income!

2. I was spending too much effort trying to seem charming/a nice boy instead of addressing their concerns, complaints and pain points(N).

I found these by reviewing the reviews of copywriters who have a higher pay and more completed jobs then me. I then crafted copy proposal that is more tailored to each prospect.

This template that I can tailor each time also has separated some time from this process.

3. Now I will test this process and modify it in order to get higher value clients which puts me above the $50 an hour range. This helps me address entry more effectively since most freelancers are intimidated by trying to ask for what they are worth.

4. I have printed out sinisterlex's threads. When I encounter a specific roadblock, I will review the specific points. Also, once I have completed my first pass through Unscripted . I will read and watch his content at night before bed and also in the morning.

5. C - I have recontacted old clients to follow-up. The more clients I retain, the more control I have. Being dependent on freelancing platforms is SLOWLANE!

Next step: Reverse engineer businesses in the SERPS, on adwords etc in my niche according to CENTS. Then draw out a quick plan of attack beginning with untapped parts of Need.

Lafandriel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
May 28, 2017
Germany
Hi Process

welcome to the forum. :)

It is good that you know where your weakness lies ( the love of starting new things over and over).
Don't forget to read the other GOLD - threads as well . :smile:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Hi Process

welcome to the forum. :)

It is good that you know where your weakness lies ( the love of starting new things over and over).
Don't forget to read the other GOLD - threads as well . :smile:

Thanks :) I am just sick and tired of having weaknesses that keep me money chasing at a dishwashing job. (FTE that lead me here)

Oh of course... I plan on reading it all in due time haha. I gotta let TMFL sink in first. Then I'll dive into Unscripted . And then, the gold posts outside of copywriting. :cool:

Lafandriel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
May 28, 2017
Germany
uuuhhhh... I feel with you ( I also did dish washing but only for two weeks)

don't worry about it everybody has weaknesses.
I for example need an eternity to start things I have to do .... and although I do most of it in the very last minute I get things done :cool:

0VO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 8, 2016
Ontario
Welcome to the forum! It is an amazing place to learn. Surround yourself with those who are where you want to be. I love the mindset of fastlaners, and I'm always trying to absorb what I can.

Much like yourself I took that same rail road as you. What should I do? I jumped from Computer Repairs in my teens (pre and early craigslist days before the insane saturation and Geek Squad takeover), I dabbled with Youtube, ad sense, affiliate marketing, and other "black hat" type affiliate/ppc/ website stuff..
.. Find the one thing you think is right for you and fully immerse yourself in it and you can succeed.

Good game plan! Keep executing! It seems you are more focused compared to your first post, to which I was going to recommend this; Focus on the one thing out of all those things you find the most joy, you think helps others the most, or for which you have something that stands out compared to others out there already.

For your 2nd point; It's great to have a system, but also remember to listen to your customers. This reminds me of this video I saw the other day. (Some kid thought it would be a fun prank to ask his hotel for very quirky accommodations, i.e.. 3 m&m's on the table, a picture of a dog in a sailor costume on the bed, a pillow fort, and the hotel went all out and provided exactly what he asked. The opposite end of the spectrum, is the stupid 10 step answering machine I have to go through to talk to my cell phone provider... imagine just calling and getting a person right away?! That would be mind blowing, in a good way.)

Build an email list if you haven't already. Send out High Value articles or content every once in a while. This will help keep people engaged. Maybe make a referral system, 5% off your next purchase for a referral? Or provide something entertaining? Great on you for contacting older clients again, that goes a far way in customer service, and who knows, maybe they know a man who knows a man....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Every night this week, I am reading TMFL and Unscripted .

Excellent my friend, I wrote them for YOU -- the guy struggling to make traction into the world of entrepreneurship. I did NOT write them for the serial entrepreneur with multiple successes under their belt.

Welcome aboard.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
uuuhhhh... I feel with you ( I also did dish washing but only for two weeks)

don't worry about it everybody has weaknesses.
I for example need an eternity to start things I have to do .... and although I do most of it in the very last minute I get things done :cool:

I've had a string of jobs just like dishwashing. I'm glad because they let me open my eyes to how delusional it is to wait for the weekends.

The way to kill procrastination that I've found is to just start. Also, I think of the reward vs. the instant gratification resulting in regret. :inpain:

Last edited:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Welcome to the forum! It is an amazing place to learn. Surround yourself with those who are where you want to be. I love the mindset of fastlaners, and I'm always trying to absorb what I can.

Much like yourself I took that same rail road as you. What should I do? I jumped from Computer Repairs in my teens (pre and early craigslist days before the insane saturation and Geek Squad takeover), I dabbled with Youtube, ad sense, affiliate marketing, and other "black hat" type affiliate/ppc/ website stuff..
.. Find the one thing you think is right for you and fully immerse yourself in it and you can succeed.

Good game plan! Keep executing! It seems you are more focused compared to your first post, to which I was going to recommend this; Focus on the one thing out of all those things you find the most joy, you think helps others the most, or for which you have something that stands out compared to others out there already.

For your 2nd point; It's great to have a system, but also remember to listen to your customers. This reminds me of this video I saw the other day. (Some kid thought it would be a fun prank to ask his hotel for very quirky accommodations, i.e.. 3 m&m's on the table, a picture of a dog in a sailor costume on the bed, a pillow fort, and the hotel went all out and provided exactly what he asked. The opposite end of the spectrum, is the stupid 10 step answering machine I have to go through to talk to my cell phone provider... imagine just calling and getting a person right away?! That would be mind blowing, in a good way.)

Build an email list if you haven't already. Send out High Value articles or content every once in a while. This will help keep people engaged. Maybe make a referral system, 5% off your next purchase for a referral? Or provide something entertaining? Great on you for contacting older clients again, that goes a far way in customer service, and who knows, maybe they know a man who knows a man....

1. Thank you. That seems like a great start to a retention system. I just will begin with a simple value adding article/newsletter each week. From there I will tweak it in order to add more value and judge the value based on the response I get.

2. I will think of it in terms of gumballs like MJ explains in Unscripted . Orange for something, White for Nothing, Gold for Exponential Response, Red for negative. it seems my gumballs will be even more likely to be orange, white and gold by adding value instead of money chasing.

It is funny, adding value is the answer but everyone looks for ways to avoid it.

In fact, people pay $997 for a "new trick," instead of just taking the effort to understand what their stakeholders want and delivering it.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Excellent my friend, I wrote them for YOU -- the guy struggling to make traction into the world of entrepreneurship. I did NOT write them for the serial entrepreneur with multiple successes under their belt.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you so much MJ. Now I've plowed 80% through Unscripted . These genuinely are the most helpful books I've ever read.... and I've read a lot of highly recommended books.

Your books are like something a grissled sysadmin has written about administering a linux server. The other books are like some egghead professor's lecture on TCP/UDP.

All the bits and pieces of experience and study I've been struggling to relate to each other have been clearly connected!

Your books remind me of the time I was coding an entire process from scratch but then found a well documented framework that did the job more simply and realistically. From there, it was just tweaking and troubleshooting my parameters based on the results.

With enough movement and testing I will be able to reach a point of adding value via a process that is not chained to my time. This is massive. There is no turning back. I've pinpointed value an industry I write for is practically sneering at the prospect of offering. (Despite that there are hundreds of irate forum posts and tweets!)

My copywriting and job "money" are being set aside in a sacred account devoted to this process.

I'll start a separate thread to detail this process further. Like you wrote, I will share the successes AND failures.

PS: I've convinced another of my friends to buy Unscripted and he doesn't even read books.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007