The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rich Dad Seminar

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FREE Training? You mean a seminar to be upsold into an expensive seminar that is someone else's fastlane plan. Ill pass.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I think they had one of those back in the summer... I had tickets but gave them away to my uncles because I flew out or something. They described it exactly as MJ put it. lol :tdown:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
does anyone think Robert Kiyosaki is a scam? i didnt at first but now im not sure.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
does anyone think Robert Kiyosaki is a scam? i didnt at first but now im not sure.
IMO, his ideas are great. He has a great philosophy, but, many on here will tell you (who have met him), he is not the nicest guy in the world. He doesn't practice nearly as much as he preaches, and he makes most of his money through his Rich Dad Company than his investing. He's also very stubborn in my opinion. He's a very savvy businessman, but he's definitely an a$$ from what many people on here have experienced.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I'd like to hear your definition of 'scam'.
In any case, I don't like to bash people and go into personal attacks. That does not give me anything positive to say/do in my life. Even after being one of the attendants to the event where we got trashed by him, I am working on taking a positive perspective in life, and leave negative influences behind.

Yes. It is true. Cashflow Technologies inc (CTI) is RK's company and they have partnered with another two companies to do their seminars and training. Rich Dad is the brand, the other two companies provide the actual training and seminars. They partnered with Whitney Information Network, Inc. and you can read about it here as John blogs from inside the company. Now, the Whitney company has had a lot of trouble in the past, so their seminars will not be seen as anything positive in many places.

In any case, all of these seminars follow the same pattern... free, upsell you to a not-too-expensive seminar ($1000 to $2000) with some very basic info, but wait, there's more, if you subscribe now for just _____ (insert amount here, preferable enough to buy a car or the downpayment for a rental) and we will give you access to another seminar where you will get the real info and some coaching to make you successful and rich. So no, I don't think they are the best way to make it happen. Now, if you don't have the time to research on your own on the web and need to pay for these seminars then probably you don't have too many chances to make it anyway. There are some other threads about this same topic, do a search here in the forum.

PS:
Rich Dad's Coaching (PEI), Rich Dad's Education (WEG - Whitney Education Group).

Last edited:

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
i was not trying to make Robert Kiyosaki out to be bad in any way. ive read in a few places people think he is a scam. ive never thought he was and learned alot from his book. when i read that his seminar goes from being free to an optional expensive one i had second thoughts. its seems a bit misleading if there offering it free and then give you and option to pay to receive more information. il do a search and see what i can find.

edit: i searched the forums and found my answer. seems a few people think the same thing i was.

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
I went to a "free" RE seminar a couple years ago just to see what it was all about...turns out, up-selling was the prevailing theme. They start to talk RE, then mention how Program X has the more in-depth approach, blah blah. They dangle the carrot in front of you. "at the end of this presentation, there will be tables set up for you to sign up for Program X, Y, or Z...whatever fits you best."

I mistakenly thought this seminar may be different given that RK was involved, but I was being naive.

-John

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I remember about 4 years ago they had Personalized Rich Dad training. I signed up on a website; the price wasn't listed.

A week later I get a call (not from THE rich dad unfortunately, may be he was busy) and I am told the seminar is 90.99 or something. "Oh wow, only 90 bucks?" I ask. "Erm..no, $9099"
I passed.

slim_jim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 31, 2008
Columbus, OH
I just went to a free Rich Dad seminar, 1/29/08, "Learn To Be Rich Workshop", and yes, at the end, there was the sign up for just $495 to get the 3 day seminar with the good stuff. There wasn't much substance to the meeting. There was a free audio cd, "How to find great investments". It was elementary material.
I have read several of his books, and as others have stated, they are rah, rah without much specific info. Do something, just get off the couch and get started.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
You have to remember that Rich Dad is a wealth-building system for Kiyosaki too. There's plenty of free advice out there, but the folks with anything worthwhile to say have probably learned they can charge for it.

I'd be happy to explain this concept in more detail for only three easy payments of $89.99.

Hoop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Dec 8, 2007
You have to remember that Rich Dad is a wealth-building system for Kiyosaki too. There's plenty of free advice out there, but the folks with anything worthwhile to say have probably learned they can charge for it.

I'd be happy to explain this concept in more detail for only three easy payments of $89.99.

I know this as the "Marketing Funnel" and while we are kind of poking fun at it, it is very valuable and something everyone could/should learn to apply in their own ventures.

slim_jim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 31, 2008
Columbus, OH
Do you take PayPal? LOL.
Yes, the "Marketing Funnel" is very valuable, but providing a little bit of valid, helpful information, before up selling, would make it a little more worth while.

Hoop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Dec 8, 2007
Do you take PayPal? LOL.
Yes, the "Marketing Funnel" is very valuable, but providing a little bit of valid, helpful information, before up selling, would make it a little more worth while.

Slim - we are in agreement. If you own the funnel, the key is for you and your sale staff to recognize just where in the funnel the customer will receive value...and move them straight to that access point. Make them start at the beginning "as a rule" and you will quickly loose them and get poor internet testimonials.

As a consumer, recognize that you are always in a "funnel" and be honest with your needs. Figure out the funnel and ask to be moved to where the value is for you.

As a matter of opinion, even the top of the funnel free seminar or book, has tremendous value for those who change because of it. If you experience one of these and are disappointed, then either the sales team placed you wrong or you didn't ask to be placed properly.

- Hoop

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.