The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I went to a UK Property Seminar

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
I was on the net a few weeks back when a free seminar advert came up. It was about real estate investing, now I have been on this forum enough to know what these seminars are all about but seeing as I knew very little about the industry I figured I will most definitely learn something and had nothing to lose.

So then a couple weeks ago I attended the seminar it was as follows:

- It was in a mid-level hotel with the usual refreshments of Coffee and some light snacks

- Out of the 50 registered people only 20ish turned up, I sat at front to get as much out of it as I could.

- Started off with some Fastlane ideology at first surprisingly, describing the slow lane and how it simply does not work well today with jobs and pensions. Many nods in the audience with the presenter at this point

- most who turned up were 40+ slowlaners with one fastlaner who already was financially free who most likely just turned up to see if he could learn a thing or two

- They then went on to ask us or dreams, holidays, cars etc. Once they drilled the idea of our dreams coming true they got into the presentation occasionally shifting back to the upsell options which were to be presented in detail at the end.

- I saw a few sales techniques going on, when the audience participated in the Q&A parts they were given a few 'Rich Dad' DvDs (reciprocity?) . Also a couple of smart tricks were used, One was the speaker stood at front with a £5 note and said I will not speak until someone comes up and grabs this, one guy got up and took it. The speaker then went on to say see this is what happens when you miss opportunities like this someone else makes money while you just sit there.

- Towards the end nearly 90% of the people who participated in the Q&As stayed, a few switched on individuals walked out as the end was nothing but a hard upsell with a lots of emotional techniques and stories being used. I decided to leave at this point. It was no surprise that all those who chose to stay and possibly sign up to their £997 course where those where given the free DVD's and the guy who got the five pound note well put it this was he was the first one to go to the back of the room to sign up.

So what are the Takeaways?

- I knew this was nothing but an upsell event but it was a great lesson in techniques of the hard sell which I am now more clued up on should I ever encounter them in the future

- I also learned that I had a lack of credit history so signed up for a credit card to make purchases I otherwise make on debit cards giving me a better rate for loans and mortgages

- I also saw how the use of investors and 0% credit cards allows for you to buy property with little to no money down in situations where the properties are bought to be rented out to government based schemes therefore having little risks with on-payment of rent

Just my thoughts on these seminars, if you are smart enough to not fall into their trap of buying their courses, you can learn from them if they are about an industry you would like to get into and would like a quick overview of how it works with the chance to meet people who have not done well in it and occasionally someone who is doing well.

P.S.

Should you attend these events use an alias and a disposable email address as they will try to contact you again at a later date to try and sell you something

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
I was on the net a few weeks back when a free seminar advert came up. It was about real estate investing, now I have been on this forum enough to know what these seminars are all about but seeing as I knew very little about the industry I figured I will most definitely learn something and had nothing to lose.

So then a couple weeks ago I attended the seminar it was as follows:

- It was in a mid-level hotel with the usual refreshments of Coffee and some light snacks

- Out of the 50 registered people only 20ish turned up, I sat at front to get as much out of it as I could.

- Started off with some Fastlane ideology at first surprisingly, describing the slow lane and how it simply does not work well today with jobs and pensions. Many nods in the audience with the presenter at this point

- most who turned up were 40+ slowlaners with one fastlaner who already was financially free who most likely just turned up to see if he could learn a thing or two

- They then went on to ask us or dreams, holidays, cars etc. Once they drilled the idea of our dreams coming true they got into the presentation occasionally shifting back to the upsell options which were to be presented in detail at the end.

- I saw a few sales techniques going on, when the audience participated in the Q&A parts they were given a few 'Rich Dad' DvDs (reciprocity?) . Also a couple of smart tricks were used, One was the speaker stood at front with a £5 note and said I will not speak until someone comes up and grabs this, one guy got up and took it. The speaker then went on to say see this is what happens when you miss opportunities like this someone else makes money while you just sit there.

- Towards the end nearly 90% of the people who participated in the Q&As stayed, a few switched on individuals walked out as the end was nothing but a hard upsell with a lots of emotional techniques and stories being used. I decided to leave at this point. It was no surprise that all those who chose to stay and possibly sign up to their £997 course where those where given the free DVD's and the guy who got the five pound note well put it this was he was the first one to go to the back of the room to sign up.

So what are the Takeaways?

- I knew this was nothing but an upsell event but it was a great lesson in techniques of the hard sell which I am now more clued up on should I ever encounter them in the future

- I also learned that I had a lack of credit history so signed up for a credit card to make purchases I otherwise make on debit cards giving me a better rate for loans and mortgages

- I also saw how the use of investors and 0% credit cards allows for you to buy property with little to no money down in situations where the properties are bought to be rented out to government based schemes therefore having little risks with on-payment of rent

Just my thoughts on these seminars, if you are smart enough to not fall into their trap of buying their courses, you can learn from them if they are about an industry you would like to get into and would like a quick overview of how it works with the chance to meet people who have not done well in it and occasionally someone who is doing well.

P.S.

Should you attend these events use an alias and a disposable email address as they will try to contact you again at a later date to try and sell you something
Interesting. Thanks for the summary.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.