The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Retiring at 40!!!

kwad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 29, 2017
UK
Hi All,

A little about me, my name is Kwad.

Job: product manager @ a tech company.

Family: wife + 8 month old (my wing man)

Goal: to have financial freedom, more time with friends and family. Ability to help parents and siblings financially. Plus freedom to travel. All this by 40. I want a legacy for my son.

Current situation: earn enough to stay a float but no sports car yet. I also run a weekly salsa class. Just before my wife fell pregnant, I began a tech blog and podcast. However, that's kind of on the back burner.

Why I'm here: I have no problem with finding ideas for a business. My issue is taking the correct action and turning the highest value idea into something great. I need accountability, guidance, sanity checks and to meet other makers/doers.

Fast laners, I need to stop the dreams I have at night dying in the day.

Kwad

Written in a car park, somewhere near Cambridge, England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hey Kwad, welcome to the forum, I don't know if you've read either of the books associated with the forum, they have the basis for getting yourself into the mindset and offer an excellent foundation for setting up fail-proof businesses. The forum is indeed excellent regarding all-round advice, support and helping with being unstuck in our quests, with the books and the forum our actions are key in making it happen.

Welcome aboard.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Hi All,

A little about me, my name is Kwad.

Job: product manager @ a tech company.

Family: wife + 8 month old (my wing man)

Goal: to have financial freedom, more time with friends and family. Ability to help parents and siblings financially. Plus freedom to travel. All this by 40. I want a legacy for my son.

Current situation: earn enough to stay a float but no sports car yet. I also run a weekly salsa class. Just before my wife fell pregnant, I began a tech blog and podcast. However, that's kind of on the back burner.

Why I'm here: I have no problem with finding ideas for a business. My issue is taking the correct action and turning the highest value idea into something great. I need accountability, guidance, sanity checks and to meet other makers/doers.

Fast laners, I need to stop the dreams I have at night dying in the day.

Kwad

Written in a car park, somewhere near Cambridge, England.

Welcome to the forum Kwad! What are your inmediate actions for the next few months? Good luck with everything.

kwad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 29, 2017
UK
Hey Kwad, welcome to the forum, I don't know if you've read either of the books associated with the forum, they have the basis for getting yourself into the mindset and offer an excellent foundation for setting up fail-proof businesses. The forum is indeed excellent regarding all-round advice, support and helping with being unstuck in our quests, with the books and the forum our actions are key in making it happen.

Welcome aboard.
Hi Iammelissamoore,

Thanks for comments.

Yes I've read millionaire fast lane. Well actually I listened on audible last year before my son was born. I am listening again now. I drive 2 hours a day so gonna listen a few times over the next few weeks.

Really looking forward to engaging with like minded people

What's your story btw?

Kwad

Max Crowe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 20, 2017
Estonia, Tallinn
Hey, Welcome, I strongly believe that you are in the right place.
I also joined recently and found so much valuable information to start my business.
Best of luck to you my friend!

kwad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 29, 2017
UK
Welcome to the forum Kwad! What are your inmediate actions for the next few months? Good luck with everything.

Thanks Camilo Ardile,

Actions for next few months

-Wake up earlier, get more done before work
-get my fitness up

Salsa business:
- plan 1st workshop
- relaunch classes
- divert profits into a more scalable business

Scalable business idea
- learn to build a website from scratch ( I have coding skills already not websites though)
- develop business model for idea. Does it stack up ?
- understand how to get early customers to test concept

Anything you would add?

What's the best way to use to this forum to get feedback for a business idea without sharing details?

kwad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 29, 2017
UK
Hey, Welcome, I strongly believe that you are in the right place.
I also joined recently and found so much valuable information to start my business.
Best of luck to you my friend!

Hi Max Crowe,

Nice to meet. What have you found useful? How is your business doing?

Kwad

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Hey Kwad, welcome to the forum!

This is a place where you can hold yourself accountable to your actions, so don't be afraid to post a progress thread and update us on how you're doing. Also be sure to read UNSCRIPTED . I think that book might actually be better than TMF .

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

kwad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 29, 2017
UK
Hey Kwad, welcome to the forum!

This is a place where you can hold yourself accountable to your actions, so don't be afraid to post a progress thread and update us on how you're doing. Also be sure to read UNSCRIPTED . I think that book might actually be better than TMF .

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors.

Thanks for the advice. I think a progress thread is sound advice for accountability. I'm gonna get on it tonight. I'll add unscripted to my list. Will listen after I listen to MFL again.

How has the forum helped you?

Kwad

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Thanks for the advice. I think a progress thread is sound advice for accountability. I'm gonna get on it tonight. I'll add unscripted to my list. Will listen after I listen to MFL again.

How has the forum helped you?

Kwad

This forum has given me new perspective on potential business activities and opportunities that I didn't know existed. You should read @Fox's thread on starting your own webs design agency. Requires very little startup capital, and can be done from anywhere. I'm headed in that direction myself.

Cheers!

kwad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 29, 2017
UK
This forum has given me new perspective on potential business activities and opportunities that I didn't know existed. You should read @Fox's thread on starting your own webs design agency. Requires very little startup capital, and can be done from anywhere. I'm headed in that direction myself.

Cheers!

Just popped over there. Now wondering if there is a way to create some petty cash for my scalable business, via offering web design services, without being too distracting.

Kwad.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hi Iammelissamoore,

Thanks for comments.

Yes I've read millionaire fast lane. Well actually I listened on audible last year before my son was born. I am listening again now. I drive 2 hours a day so gonna listen a few times over the next few weeks.

Really looking forward to engaging with like minded people

What's your story btw?

Kwad

Hey Kwad, nice, oh, get you're "I've read the millionaire fastlane " badge here.

As for me, I've always been interested in business, had the wrong mindset about it though, initially due to lack of proper knowledge; however, both TMF and Unscripted , along with this phenomenal forum helped put me on track as to not only what I need to get done, but how to be effective in helping other people solve problems via entrepreneurship.

My initial lack of proper knowledge led me down a road of many failed and incomplete attempts of business, but, having been able to learn from my failures, adjust my general persona and change my mindset about business - what it is and what it is not, I can safely say I'm proud of my journey I'm now on (past failures and all) and respect the fact that as I go along there are many things in store for me to continue learning. I'm a sponge, I'm open to the experiences sent my way and look forward to the continuous solutions to be made.

I don't know if you came across MJ's second book, also affiliated with the forum: 'Unscripted : Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship" this book brought home the points and expanded on a lot more philosophies with The Millionaire Fastlane , so, when you get the chance, put your hands on a copy, it really brought me to that place of focus I needed to build a successful biz. I'm in the early stages of my biz, but, quietly I grind and take things as they come along. :)

Happy to have you as part of the fam and all the best in your entrepreneurial endeavours.

Max Crowe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 20, 2017
Estonia, Tallinn
Hi Max Crowe,

Nice to meet. What have you found useful? How is your business doing?

Kwad

Everything on here I found useful. Although I haven't read all gold threads yet.
But to be more specific, in my case:

GOLD - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

GOLD - 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

And many more actually.

As I've said, I just started, so I can't boast about 5 figure/ month income ...yet.

I don't know if I should start a progress thread myself?

kwad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 29, 2017
UK
Everything on here I found useful. Although I haven't read all gold threads yet.
But to be more specific, in my case:

GOLD - How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

GOLD - 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

And many more actually.

As I've said, I just started, so I can't boast about 5 figure/ month income ...yet.

I don't know if I should start a progress thread myself?

Great. I'll check out the copy writing one as I need to learn better copy for all my ideas and my full time job.

I think you should. Maybe we can hold each other accountable?

Btw I just saw you're from Talinn. I went there for my stag do. Great place. Very quiet though. Maybe us brits are very loud. Who knows. Lol

Max Crowe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 20, 2017
Estonia, Tallinn
I think you should. Maybe we can hold each other accountable?

I am all up up for that! Yeah Let's do this

Btw I just saw you're from Talinn. I went there for my stag do. Great place. Very quiet though. Maybe us brits are very loud. Who knows. Lol

Ha. I'm Russian myself (living in Tallinn) and I also find it quite quiet here, although on the other hand I don't go out that much.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Thanks Camilo Ardile,

Actions for next few months

-Wake up earlier, get more done before work
-get my fitness up

Salsa business:
- plan 1st workshop
- relaunch classes
- divert profits into a more scalable business

Scalable business idea
- learn to build a website from scratch ( I have coding skills already not websites though)
- develop business model for idea. Does it stack up ?
- understand how to get early customers to test concept

Anything you would add?

What's the best way to use to this forum to get feedback for a business idea without sharing details?

Interesting challenges, I like the salsa business thing as a fan of dances in general. I will PM to discuss things in private.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...