The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reseller platforms better than eBay?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

benc123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 28, 2022
I would like to start an online reselling business. I'm 16 years old and I have been previously advised to start a online reselling business (eBay was the platform suggested) to make some money and begin to learn general business concepts.

I was talking to one of my coworkers last weekend (who resells items, primarily women's clothing, on ebay) and she was talking about the seemingly ridiculous fees eBay is charging per sale.

Does anyone know of any better alternatives to eBay for reselling? I'm not too sure of what I'd be reselling just yet, I'm going to trial different products to see what works and what doesn't. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Ben Clarke
-Fastlane beginner

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Etsy might be better, but I'm not aware of their fees.

You can also try Mercado, OfferUp, and some of the app solutions.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I would like to start an online reselling business. I'm 16 years old and I have been previously advised to start a online reselling business (eBay was the platform suggested) to make some money and begin to learn general business concepts.

I was talking to one of my coworkers last weekend (who resells items, primarily women's clothing, on ebay) and she was talking about the seemingly ridiculous fees eBay is charging per sale.

Does anyone know of any better alternatives to eBay for reselling? I'm not too sure of what I'd be reselling just yet, I'm going to trial different products to see what works and what doesn't. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Ben Clarke
-Fastlane beginner
If you’re going thrifting and things of that nature (I did this a LOT, it worked very well) I sold on eBay and posh mark mainly, eBay is the best to be honest even though they’re taking fees, you have to give them credit that they’re connecting you with millions of buyers you wouldn’t otherwise be connected to.

Tip: I heard something Dave @Vigilante said in one of his mind your business podcast episodes and that is that someone he knew took the clothes from the thrift shop and dry cleaned all of them, something I never thought of. That may increase profitability over competition

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Depending on your location and what you want to resell, take a look at Vinted. It's gaining popularity fast and the buyer pays the fees. I don't know where they place restrictions on business sales but it's worth investigating.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.