- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 620
Rep Bank
$965
$965
User Power: 17%
Hi All,
My landlord just came up to me and told me that her daughter is buying the building I live in and she will be looking to create a new lease. She 'wants' to have things settled by the end of the month. I did ask if rent was being raised and obviously she couldn't tell me that it was, but it was a possibility (my interpretation: yes, but I'm not telling you how much).
I want to arm myself with as much knowledge as I can to protect my family from any radical changes. If anyone is familiar with the laws that control this (I'm in NY state, not the city) could you please point me in the right direction in terms of where to find information or what situation you have experienced in the past.
I will be conducting my own research of course, but I wanted to see if some of the knowledgeable people here might be able to offer something of value. Knowledge is power and I want to make sure THEY (my current landlord and future) are doing what they need to do, by the book. Being the only income for my family at the moment, I don't have much breathing room for a raise in rent. I don't have any intention of screwing anyone over, I just want to be armed with knowledge when negotiations start up so that I can protect my family.
My landlord just came up to me and told me that her daughter is buying the building I live in and she will be looking to create a new lease. She 'wants' to have things settled by the end of the month. I did ask if rent was being raised and obviously she couldn't tell me that it was, but it was a possibility (my interpretation: yes, but I'm not telling you how much).
I want to arm myself with as much knowledge as I can to protect my family from any radical changes. If anyone is familiar with the laws that control this (I'm in NY state, not the city) could you please point me in the right direction in terms of where to find information or what situation you have experienced in the past.
I will be conducting my own research of course, but I wanted to see if some of the knowledgeable people here might be able to offer something of value. Knowledge is power and I want to make sure THEY (my current landlord and future) are doing what they need to do, by the book. Being the only income for my family at the moment, I don't have much breathing room for a raise in rent. I don't have any intention of screwing anyone over, I just want to be armed with knowledge when negotiations start up so that I can protect my family.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
