The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Remeber your purpose

Anything related to matters of the mind

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
A few weeks ago my wife and I determined we were going to weed a portion of the family garden (family as in community share). We didn't plant anything but did prep and maintenance in hopes of saving some money and having fresh produce. Lack of focus and plan left the project in a rather gosh awful state of the weeds out growing the produce and as a part of the benefactors of the endeavor we decided to do our part and make it somewhat respectable. After a few grueling hours of pulling several bushels of weeds from a comparably modest garden we had finished 2 rows. Later that evening my mother took a look at the rows and was thanking us for it. At that time my brother-in-law pulled in raced over to the garden and was intently looking at the remaining produce. We were thinking he would be thankful at the site as well. A few minutes later he steps in and was just distraught at loosing some onions to the weeding. After that my Wife just looked at me and said, "Never again." This week we were talking about it over our walk in the morning and came to a few conclusions. 1. We were never looking for any praise as our purpose in weeding in the first place was to better the garden and harvest for our family. 2. Praise though nice should not effect the outcome or future decisions if it had nothing to do with the purpose. 3. We had no intention of removing any of his produce as evidenced by the rotting squash, cucumber, pickles, and would-be beans.

As a result in this ... adventure we have made a few mental notes for our future setup.
1. If we are to plant a garden it will be the proper way from the start. 2. it will be properly tended. 3. It will be for our family alone as both food and a school learning experience. I have even worked out a plan for timed self watering and CO2 enrichment.

What is the point of the goal if saving money is first, disregarding the sweat equity, but more importantly forgotten for other half irons in the fire. If a goal is set to have a garden than count the cost of prepping, planting, maintaining, and harvesting the produce. Quite honestly, if 10% more time and 20% more resources had been spent in preparation 90% of the maintenance would not even be an issue. Wholly research, properly plan, completely execute, and your chances of success are among the highest possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.