The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reject rejection and stop procrastination - growing a profitable web design biz and starting my journey on Twitch

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
This thread will probably dictate the future of my life.

I feel the need to write this thread to keep myself accountable and for social proof. I am more engaged and likely to reach my goals if other people know them too.

First a little bit of backstory:

I introduced myself on the fastlane forum about a year ago.

At that time I was following @Fox old thread and trying to get my first clients on web design. My why was freedom of new experiences but I did not have clearly in mind what I really wanted.

Finally when I was going to get my first client, on March of this year Italy went in lockdown ad my client wanted to wait before paying me.

I felt really frustrated and impotent about what happened during those months, and I did not prospect again until the end of may.

That's when everything changed in my life.

A friend of mine suggested me to give a look at an interview of an Italian Entrepreneur, Daniele Bogiatto. He founded on 2017 a tribe called Tribeke, which means "tribe of extraordinary people" and he has a facebook group in which he was going live every day talking about what's going in the world and other interesting topics he is an expert in, like feng shui, financial organization, using laws to your advantage.

I started watching his facebook lives.

And that's when the magic happened. And trust me, magic is painful.

Day after day after day, I realized that what I think is true is not. This may apply both for the world outside me, as well as my self.

When the world was fighting against a virus, I was fighting with myself.

When the fight was over, I came out of this crysis with more awareness and less asleep than before.

In post lockdown I re-started to look for clients and finally I managed to do same sales call. I also sticked with the Tribeke group and watched every day the facebook lives of daniele bogiatto.

I failed many times, but at the end I always stood up.

At the end, like and angel coming from the sky, I got my first client.

After 2 days, I got the opportunity to join on a project aimed at positioning Daniele Bogiatto as an influencer on Twitch, at the same time granting us all the step and knowledge to start our own journey to become influencers on Twitch.

This happened this august and it was a really fun month.

I understood that videogaming it's not a bad thing, as my parents told me since I was a child, but it can be an opportunity to grow as well as to get profitable.

I learn that the real treasure is relationship with other people, the right one, which share your same ideas and passions. The energy that people can give to you is unmeasurable.

I rediscovered the joy of giving, helping other people with their problem and give them what they want.

And with this spirit and energy I want to start this September.

My goal by the end of December is gaining 12k euro.

With 2 different jobs at the same time, these 4 months will be very tough. Sometimes energy will drop, sometimes I will want to quit, many times I will fail.

But I won't give up. I won't give up because I am not alone, I won't give up because now I know what I want, I want it badly.

For today I'll stop here. Tomorrow, next post on what I did this week in order to reach my goal.

Have a nice sunday everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
great one bro. I'm also aspiring guy but want to turn into action guy can you share the group.

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
Today I prepared for the sales meeting of tomorrow morning. He is a business owner of a window and door installation company.

I had also the idea of sending him a video testimonial of a client of mine. I hope it will help towards the sale.

It has been a while since I did a sales meeting, so I also review fox's lesson. A particular point impressed me: you have to start with high energy, otherwise the sale is lost before it begins. Tomorrow I will do my best to boost my energy tomorrow.

Yesterday I joined the affiliate program on Twitch, so I can start to get paid. Of course I have no expectation of earning some money the first month, it does not work like that.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
What kind of research do you do on a potential client before a meeting?

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
What kind of research do you do on a potential client before a meeting?

I look at the website to get information about how much time they have been in business and who their clients. I look also at social network and see what they have.
I always look for website on the first page of google, so I already know that they are getting some traffic on the website.

I write all the info I can find on the notebook, together with their sales process to get clients. At the end, I put some question that I may ask during the meeting.

Speaking about meeting, today I have this famous meeting with the prospect.
He was very kind and affordable, but he was trying to push me on talking about myself.

Fortunately, other sales meetings thought me how to take control for the conversation. At the end his notebook was still empty, while my notebook was full of notes.

In my opinion I did best I could. I found decent amount of problems and goals, so I can use them to write an action plan tomorrow morning. When talking about the budget, he is confident about spending more that 1k.

I will probably ask him €1200 for updating his website in order to solve is problem and meet his goals.

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
I'm confused, your learning this before doing any live discovery on a call?

that seems very thorough.

It's just a brief overwiew of how the website fits on their business. On the call I will discover all the detail.

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
It took me more time that I thought, but at the end I sent him the proposal.

Thank god I had the idea to record the meeting, leaving the phone in my pocket while recording works perfectly. This allowed my to write down the exact words he was using and use them in the proposal.

Hope to receive a reply soon.

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
I just finished to attend to a web seminar super useful presented by Daniele Bogiatto.

I learned how to use social networks strategically in order to support your business. And I am not talking about running a bunch of ads or starting a new blog.

It's about focusing and doing the right things, put 10k hours work on creating your internet presence.

Internet is expanding at the speed of light, and not using socials will make you get into trouble in some years.

3,5 hours of pure content, €57 well spent. Now I know how Twitch can syngergize with my business.

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
Yesterday I had a sales meeting with another prospect.

This was the 8th sales meeting/call and the best I ever had.

I kept asking the business owner logical questions and probe everything he said, creating consequences of his problems in order to increase the necessity of a solution.

At the end, when I told him I'm going to send him an email, He was super curious and wanted the solution right now. So, I think I created a little bit of urgency.

Today I'm going to create the proposal.

In the mean time, I will also try to follow up to some email I sent Thursday.

I started to use a more technical approach, in which I tell the business owner some functionality of his website are broken and this may impact his sales.

I want to try if this approach works well.

I found cold calling very stressful and I don't have important results to show. So I think that calling them to tell them I got great results with another company similar to yours is not useful, like I did some times ago.

RobPic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
A bit of a summary of what happened in these 10 days. Actually this is perfectly synchronized with the new video of MJ The Marco that I saw only a moment ago.

The second prospect I had a meeting with, although was very good, rejected my proposal.
The first prospect is still waiting to get another quote to decide.

I am sick after 10 month of looking for cold prospects. I don't want to do this anymore.

I had some conversations with the fox web school and also contact of mine in the Twitch program that cleared my mind and I found what I can do.

- don't spend other money
- take a side job for some months
- use that money to join BNI
- start growing you web design business

So today I am sending a CV to a company in my city that make frozen pizzas, I hope they will hire me.

After months of fails, I feel very relieved of finding of way of earn some money, even if not in the way I wanted to. But I know It's temporary and will boost my security.

Another point is that I am really enjoying streaming on Twitch, and I think that the path to become an influencer in the next 5-10 years is the right for me.

At the same time, I'm officially a voluntary moderator of the main channel (the one which sustains all the other channels), currently going for 100 mean viewers reached in only 2 months.
This makes me on a privileged position, because this brings more traffic to my channel as well.

If everything goes well, in 2-3 month I will have my first contract with the Tribeke Company, which is the best job I can think of.

Maybe it's not the classic fastlane that most people here may think of, but I think that the best thing you can do is enjoy your life with the people you love, people that share your vision and like what you like.

And I think I found the people I want to be with.

Edd--19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 20, 2020
London
This thread will probably dictate the future of my life.

I feel the need to write this thread to keep myself accountable and for social proof. I am more engaged and likely to reach my goals if other people know them too.

First a little bit of backstory:

I introduced myself on the fastlane forum about a year ago.

At that time I was following @Fox old thread and trying to get my first clients on web design. My why was freedom of new experiences but I did not have clearly in mind what I really wanted.

Finally when I was going to get my first client, on March of this year Italy went in lockdown ad my client wanted to wait before paying me.

I felt really frustrated and impotent about what happened during those months, and I did not prospect again until the end of may.

That's when everything changed in my life.

A friend of mine suggested me to give a look at an interview of an Italian Entrepreneur, Daniele Bogiatto. He founded on 2017 a tribe called Tribeke, which means "tribe of extraordinary people" and he has a facebook group in which he was going live every day talking about what's going in the world and other interesting topics he is an expert in, like feng shui, financial organization, using laws to your advantage.

I started watching his facebook lives.

And that's when the magic happened. And trust me, magic is painful.

Day after day after day, I realized that what I think is true is not. This may apply both for the world outside me, as well as my self.

When the world was fighting against a virus, I was fighting with myself.

When the fight was over, I came out of this crysis with more awareness and less asleep than before.

In post lockdown I re-started to look for clients and finally I managed to do same sales call. I also sticked with the Tribeke group and watched every day the facebook lives of daniele bogiatto.

I failed many times, but at the end I always stood up.

At the end, like and angel coming from the sky, I got my first client.

After 2 days, I got the opportunity to join on a project aimed at positioning Daniele Bogiatto as an influencer on Twitch, at the same time granting us all the step and knowledge to start our own journey to become influencers on Twitch.

This happened this august and it was a really fun month.

I understood that videogaming it's not a bad thing, as my parents told me since I was a child, but it can be an opportunity to grow as well as to get profitable.

I learn that the real treasure is relationship with other people, the right one, which share your same ideas and passions. The energy that people can give to you is unmeasurable.

I rediscovered the joy of giving, helping other people with their problem and give them what they want.

And with this spirit and energy I want to start this September.

My goal by the end of December is gaining 12k euro.

With 2 different jobs at the same time, these 4 months will be very tough. Sometimes energy will drop, sometimes I will want to quit, many times I will fail.

But I won't give up. I won't give up because I am not alone, I won't give up because now I know what I want, I want it badly.

For today I'll stop here. Tomorrow, next post on what I did this week in order to reach my goal.

Have a nice sunday everyone!
Wishing you the best of luck! As someone else posted on another thread a few days ago, you can't steer your car if it isn't moving.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.