The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Reject rejection and stop procrastination - growing a profitable web design biz and starting my journey on Twitch

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

RobPic

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
This thread will probably dictate the future of my life.

I feel the need to write this thread to keep myself accountable and for social proof. I am more engaged and likely to reach my goals if other people know them too.

First a little bit of backstory:

I introduced myself on the fastlane forum about a year ago.

At that time I was following @Fox old thread and trying to get my first clients on web design. My why was freedom of new experiences but I did not have clearly in mind what I really wanted.

Finally when I was going to get my first client, on March of this year Italy went in lockdown ad my client wanted to wait before paying me.

I felt really frustrated and impotent about what happened during those months, and I did not prospect again until the end of may.

That's when everything changed in my life.

A friend of mine suggested me to give a look at an interview of an Italian Entrepreneur, Daniele Bogiatto. He founded on 2017 a tribe called Tribeke, which means "tribe of extraordinary people" and he has a facebook group in which he was going live every day talking about what's going in the world and other interesting topics he is an expert in, like feng shui, financial organization, using laws to your advantage.

I started watching his facebook lives.

And that's when the magic happened. And trust me, magic is painful.

Day after day after day, I realized that what I think is true is not. This may apply both for the world outside me, as well as my self.

When the world was fighting against a virus, I was fighting with myself.

When the fight was over, I came out of this crysis with more awareness and less asleep than before.

In post lockdown I re-started to look for clients and finally I managed to do same sales call. I also sticked with the Tribeke group and watched every day the facebook lives of daniele bogiatto.

I failed many times, but at the end I always stood up.

At the end, like and angel coming from the sky, I got my first client.

After 2 days, I got the opportunity to join on a project aimed at positioning Daniele Bogiatto as an influencer on Twitch, at the same time granting us all the step and knowledge to start our own journey to become influencers on Twitch.

This happened this august and it was a really fun month.

I understood that videogaming it's not a bad thing, as my parents told me since I was a child, but it can be an opportunity to grow as well as to get profitable.

I learn that the real treasure is relationship with other people, the right one, which share your same ideas and passions. The energy that people can give to you is unmeasurable.

I rediscovered the joy of giving, helping other people with their problem and give them what they want.

And with this spirit and energy I want to start this September.

My goal by the end of December is gaining 12k euro.

With 2 different jobs at the same time, these 4 months will be very tough. Sometimes energy will drop, sometimes I will want to quit, many times I will fail.

But I won't give up. I won't give up because I am not alone, I won't give up because now I know what I want, I want it badly.

For today I'll stop here. Tomorrow, next post on what I did this week in order to reach my goal.

Have a nice sunday everyone!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
R

RobPic

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
Today I prepared for the sales meeting of tomorrow morning. He is a business owner of a window and door installation company.

I had also the idea of sending him a video testimonial of a client of mine. I hope it will help towards the sale.

It has been a while since I did a sales meeting, so I also review fox's lesson. A particular point impressed me: you have to start with high energy, otherwise the sale is lost before it begins. Tomorrow I will do my best to boost my energy tomorrow.

Yesterday I joined the affiliate program on Twitch, so I can start to get paid. Of course I have no expectation of earning some money the first month, it does not work like that.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
What kind of research do you do on a potential client before a meeting?

OP
OP
R

RobPic

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
What kind of research do you do on a potential client before a meeting?
I look at the website to get information about how much time they have been in business and who their clients. I look also at social network and see what they have.
I always look for website on the first page of google, so I already know that they are getting some traffic on the website.

I write all the info I can find on the notebook, together with their sales process to get clients. At the end, I put some question that I may ask during the meeting.

Speaking about meeting, today I have this famous meeting with the prospect.
He was very kind and affordable, but he was trying to push me on talking about myself.

Fortunately, other sales meetings thought me how to take control for the conversation. At the end his notebook was still empty, while my notebook was full of notes.

In my opinion I did best I could. I found decent amount of problems and goals, so I can use them to write an action plan tomorrow morning. When talking about the budget, he is confident about spending more that 1k.

I will probably ask him €1200 for updating his website in order to solve is problem and meet his goals.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
with their sales process to get clients.
I'm confused, your learning this before doing any live discovery on a call?

that seems very thorough.

OP
OP
R

RobPic

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
I'm confused, your learning this before doing any live discovery on a call?

that seems very thorough.
It's just a brief overwiew of how the website fits on their business. On the call I will discover all the detail.

OP
OP
R

RobPic

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
It took me more time that I thought, but at the end I sent him the proposal.

Thank god I had the idea to record the meeting, leaving the phone in my pocket while recording works perfectly. This allowed my to write down the exact words he was using and use them in the proposal.

Hope to receive a reply soon.

OP
OP
R

RobPic

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
I just finished to attend to a web seminar super useful presented by Daniele Bogiatto.

I learned how to use social networks strategically in order to support your business. And I am not talking about running a bunch of ads or starting a new blog.

It's about focusing and doing the right things, put 10k hours work on creating your internet presence.

Internet is expanding at the speed of light, and not using socials will make you get into trouble in some years.

3,5 hours of pure content, €57 well spent. Now I know how Twitch can syngergize with my business.

OP
OP
R

RobPic

New Contributor
Feb 6, 2018
Italy
Yesterday I had a sales meeting with another prospect.

This was the 8th sales meeting/call and the best I ever had.

I kept asking the business owner logical questions and probe everything he said, creating consequences of his problems in order to increase the necessity of a solution.

At the end, when I told him I'm going to send him an email, He was super curious and wanted the solution right now. So, I think I created a little bit of urgency.

Today I'm going to create the proposal.

In the mean time, I will also try to follow up to some email I sent Thursday.

I started to use a more technical approach, in which I tell the business owner some functionality of his website are broken and this may impact his sales.

I want to try if this approach works well.

I found cold calling very stressful and I don't have important results to show. So I think that calling them to tell them I got great results with another company similar to yours is not useful, like I did some times ago.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom