The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommendations for Phoenix/Scottsdale Area

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Hey everyone,

I am resigning from my job in two weeks and plan on moving from NYC to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area in late December/ early January to work on my business that I've been growing for the last few months. I know a lot of fastlaners are in the area.

Are there any specific areas I should look for / definitely avoid? Quick background, I'm a 26 year old single guy.

I've been paying NYC rent for about 4 years now, so I'd imagine I should expect to pay less in rent and get a nicer place, but not sure what to expect with the research I've done so far.

Thanks everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
What type of area do you want to live in? Do you want a quiet area with families, or do you want to be near the younger crowd?

If the former, Chandler/Scottsdale are good places to live that still have stuff to do. If the latter, then I would say live in Tempe within a mile or two of the university (but NOT Mill/Baseline).

You are aware it is brutally hot here from May through September, right?

Why Phoenix? I can tell you that the fastlaners here don't socialize all that much - outside of their own little cliques. If you are seeking startup culture, there are other places that offer that with far fewer people, crime, and better weather.

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL
I know a lot of fastlaners are in the area.
Why Phoenix? I can tell you that the fastlaners here don't socialize all that much - outside of their own little cliques. If you are seeking startup culture, there are other places that offer that with far fewer people, crime, and better weather.

I'd be curious to hear this, too.
Why do so many fasteners pick Phoenix?

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
What type of area do you want to live in? Do you want a quiet area with families, or do you want to be near the younger crowd?

If the former, Chandler/Scottsdale are good places to live that still have stuff to do. If the latter, then I would say live in Tempe within a mile or two of the university (but NOT Mill/Baseline).

You are aware it is brutally hot here from May through September, right?

Thanks man!

I was originally looking at San Diego but as I'm just starting and growing my business, the rent for apartments in Phoenix was much more reasonable.

Additionally, I was looking for something on the west coast and am going to get a flexible lease in case I'd like to explore other options but I've heard good things about the city. I'm sick of the cold weather in the NYC area and want to try it out.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks man!

I was originally looking at San Diego but as I'm just starting and growing my business, the rent for apartments in Phoenix was much more reasonable.

Additionally, I was looking for something on the west coast and am going to get a flexible lease in case I'd like to explore other options but I've heard good things about the city. I'm sick of the cold weather in the NYC area and want to try it out.

Yeah, for a single 26 year old dude I would say hit up Scottsdale. If you want to pug into the scene, you can get a spot at one of the many coworking spaces out here.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
OH, and feel free to drop me a line when you get here. Always happy to network with people on the path - as long as they aren't MLMers ;)

Awesome, thanks man! Can I speak with you about this tremendous opportunity to distribute Herbalife products??

But seriously, I've been heavily involved with an industry for 5-6 years and I've been offering private coaching for that currently and turned my lessons learned into a video series to work on scaling my services and removing my time from the money I'm earning.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
Hey everyone,

I am resigning from my job in two weeks and plan on moving from NYC to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area in late December/ early January to work on my business that I've been growing for the last few months. I know a lot of fastlaners are in the area.

Are there any specific areas I should look for / definitely avoid? Quick background, I'm a 26 year old single guy.

I've been paying NYC rent for about 4 years now, so I'd imagine I should expect to pay less in rent and get a nicer place, but not sure what to expect with the research I've done so far.

Thanks everyone!

North Phx, or Chandler are ok, but nothing really happens over there. Scottsdale, Tempe and Glendale are good spots...but then again we don't really know what you are into. If you are looking for a woman who has about 6 kids, food stamps, and no car, the just south of the 10 in Phoenix is the place for you!
Phx is a great place to live, tons of shit to do, and its close to Cali without the expense, nice weather...except in the summer...and a lot of people who are open to new things. I moved to NC after living there for more than 10 years, and I miss it!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anywhere in Scottsdale is great. The farther south in Scottsdale toward Tempe/the college, the younger the residents, and the cheaper the rent.

Chandler/Gilbert/Queen Creek is nice too, even cheaper rent and it is a lot of younger families.

Coming from NYC, you should be in shock for what you can get for rent here vis-a-vie an east coast city.

As for the other cities like Glendale, Peoria, Mesa, and Phoenix proper, that's a crap shoot -- some pockets are REALLLY NICE, and others, a dump.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Anywhere in Scottsdale is great. The farther south in Scottsdale toward Tempe/the college, the younger the residents, and the cheaper the rent.

Chandler/Gilbert/Queen Creek is nice too, even cheaper rent and it is a lot of younger families.

Coming from NYC, you should be in shock for what you can get for rent here vis-a-vie an east coast city.

As for the other cities like Glendale, Peoria, Mesa, and Phoenix proper, that's a crap shoot -- some pockets are REALLLY NICE, and others, a dump.

Thanks, MJ! Absolutely, I'm used to the ridiculously-inflated Manhattan prices, so I'm amazed with what I've seen so far.

There's also no rent control in the city I currently live in, so it's been a nice 5% increase in rent each year (compared to the 2% raise I've been getting in the slow lane job).

Very excited for a change and to take some calculated risks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.