The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reco on good restaurants in Phoenix?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
My husband decided last minute that he wanted to go to a Diamondbacks game on July 4th in Phoenix, so we're headed off early tomorrow morning. I know it's short notice, but can anyone recommend some good restaurants in Phoenix and/or things that we should really do while we're there? ...We'll be there for 4 days.

Again, I know it's short notice, but if anyone wants to meet up for drinks or something- PM me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

imirza

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jul 29, 2007
Try Elements . Go around sunset. Amazing views. The food is pretty good too.

Pizzeria Bianco - Rated the best pizza in the US.

Head to Donovans if you like steak.

For other restaurants try looking on www.yelp.com .

The weather here in Phoenix is really really really hot. 110 degrees and higher. The lows are like in the 90s. I went to the gym at 7:30am and it was 97 degrees ! You need to stay indoors and somewhere airconditioned. You cannot engaged in any outdoor activities in this weather unless you are superhuman like SteveO ( he plays golf when its 110) :smxB:.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You cannot engaged in any outdoor activities in this weather unless you are superhuman like SteveO ( he plays golf when its 110) :smxB:.

I have a 12:30 tee time for tomorrow. :hurray: Biophase used to get out there with me. All you need to do is get used to it. It isn't that bad.

There are so many restaurants around here. Price range would be very important to know up front. Send me a pm. We may be able to hook up for coffee or something. I know a great little breakfast/lunch place called La Grande Orange that is a local favorite.

Of course, my wife and I will be golfing if you care to join us. :smxB:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a 12:30 tee time for tomorrow. :hurray: Biophase used to get out there with me. All you need to do is get used to it. It isn't that bad.

There are so many restaurants around here. Price range would be very important to know up front. Send me a pm. We may be able to hook up for coffee or something. I know a great little breakfast/lunch place called La Grande Orange that is a local favorite.

Of course, my wife and I will be golfing if you care to join us. :smxB:

Steve, I will be golfing with you as soon as my personal trainer sessions run out and soon as I get back from my Idaho trip. I second Imirza's Pizzeria Bianco recommendation. It's pretty good pizza, but the wait could be like 3 hours and they do run out of pizza!

I'll be around this weekend also.

LaurenO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Phoenix
Speaking as a recent Phoenix resident, the triple digits really aren't that bad, but people love to complain about them :p...

Biophase, where are you going in Idaho? Just curious as a native Idahoan. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Speaking as a recent Phoenix resident, the triple digits really aren't that bad, but people love to complain about them :p...

Biophase, where are you going in Idaho? Just curious as a native Idahoan. :)

I am going to Ketchum, Idaho to go mountain biking in beautiful Sun Valley.

We happen to also be going on the same week as the Allen Co. annual retreat. Should be pretty crowded in town but we'll be in the mountains.

"Peak Week: The days in July when Allen & Co. comes to town for its weeklong media summit, which Michael Eisner once called "a cross between summer camp and an SAT test." No doubt he was referring to the heady mix of outdoor recreation and business strategy that occupies regular attendees like Warren Buffet, Bill and Melinda Gates, Barry Diller and Diane von Furstenberg, Meg Whitman, and Rupert Murdoch."

http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/06/12/0630_FLEW040d.html

LaurenO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Phoenix
I am incredibly jealous. I was born and raised mere miles from Ketchum, Idaho. Unfortunately I was unable to schedule a trip out there this year....so enjoy my beautiful hometown for me! :)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Good God it's hot in Phoenix! Why I even bother wearing make up here is beyond me.

Thanks for the golf invite Steve. I got to it too late- my hubby would've loved to go- however, I suck at golf and you would've been very irritated. Although, maybe after some lessons I can join you at the next B&P. ...I live right on a golf course, and never play- kind of a waste.

As for restaurants, we ended up going to The Compass. Every course was amazing and the view was spectacular- very nice change of pace from the small town where we live.

One other question though. ...Where does everyone go for fun? We are staying downtown, and are surrounded by either homeless people, nice hotels and upscale lofts, deserted or commercial buildings or dive bars. It's a weird blend, and I can't imagine that people go to downtown for any reason other than to see a ballgame.

Well, we'll be around tomorrow morning. Anyone up for breakfast?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am incredibly jealous. I was born and raised mere miles from Ketchum, Idaho. Unfortunately I was unable to schedule a trip out there this year....so enjoy my beautiful hometown for me! :)

Any restaurant suggestions in Ketchum? We are staying in a house that's a 10 minute walk from downtown.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Good God it's hot in Phoenix! Why I even bother wearing make up here is beyond me.

Thanks for the golf invite Steve. I got to it too late- my hubby would've loved to go- however, I suck at golf and you would've been very irritated. Although, maybe after some lessons I can join you at the next B&P. ...I live right on a golf course, and never play- kind of a waste.

As for restaurants, we ended up going to The Compass. Every course was amazing and the view was spectacular- very nice change of pace from the small town where we live.

One other question though. ...Where does everyone go for fun? We are staying downtown, and are surrounded by either homeless people, nice hotels and upscale lofts, deserted or commercial buildings or dive bars. It's a weird blend, and I can't imagine that people go to downtown for any reason other than to see a ballgame.

If it's too hot for you outside there's probably not much outdoor stuff to do then. During the day you can only do the indoor stuff like movies & restaurants. I'd go to a pool and hangout. Try to sneak into the Phoenician pools. :)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

Downtown is not the best area to stay. They are making strides to turn it into a work, live, play area but it still has a ways to go. The hotspots are Oldtown Scottsdale in which you are a little familiar with and downtown Tempe, Mill Ave... The Camelback Corridor has some of the elements.

Scottsdale Fashion Square will put you into the "cool" air. They have shopping, food and a movie theater. You could go tubing on the Salt River. There are a lot of resorts that offer incredible summer specials and have great water playgrounds but you might need to save that until next trip. :smx7:

I think there are a few of us that are willing to meet. I had suggested La Grande Orange as an option.
La Grande Orange Grocery - Phoenix, AZ, 85018-4145 - Citysearch

LaurenO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Phoenix
Biophase...there are a TON of good restaurants and lots of bars up there. Rico's is good if you're in the mood for Italian; the Roosevelt Grill is right on Main street and has good burgers; The Pioneer Saloon serves prime rib; but the China Panda is probably our favorite in Ketchum. The lady who owns it got to know Jesse by name because he always ordered the General's Chicken. :rofl:

BUT

If you happen to make it down to Bellevue, South Valley Pizzeria has THE BEST pizza ever.:hl: They have a homemade herb crust and lots of unique topping choices. I highly recommend it...it's worth the trip south. Bellevue is also largely devoid of the Allen and Company madness.

Where are you planning on biking?

PS If you haven't already, the Sun Valley Village is pretty neat to stroll around.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Biophase...there are a TON of good restaurants and lots of bars up there. Rico's is good if you're in the mood for Italian; the Roosevelt Grill is right on Main street and has good burgers; The Pioneer Saloon serves prime rib; but the China Panda is probably our favorite in Ketchum. The lady who owns it got to know Jesse by name because he always ordered the General's Chicken. :rofl:

BUT

If you happen to make it down to Bellevue, South Valley Pizzeria has THE BEST pizza ever.:hl: They have a homemade herb crust and lots of unique topping choices. I highly recommend it...it's worth the trip south. Bellevue is also largely devoid of the Allen and Company madness.

Where are you planning on biking?

PS If you haven't already, the Sun Valley Village is pretty neat to stroll around.

We're going to be biking the Imperial gulch trail, Fisher Creek by Stanley for sure. We'll probably do a few others, we'll ask the bike shops for recommendations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.