The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business and Lifestyle in Phoenix/Scottsdale

Zachary Roark

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 27, 2014
United States
Hey all,

After reading many of the the threads here, I have noticed that a lot of the high-ups, admins, and other people here live in Pheonix/Scottsdale, AZ.

Is there a particular reason that a lot of you are doing this, or is this more of just a coincidence? I know MJ's story, but I'm curious as to why everyone else is as well. I would also assume some may have registered on here due to the fact that MJ lived in the area to begin with as well.

I have been interested in moving to a new city to find a job while starting a fast lane business on the side. In particular, the Pheonix/Scottsdale area has interested me.

From what I've seen, it seems to be one of the more business friendly cities in the U.S., with sunny weather year-round, (although it sound like it can get pretty hot in the summer), nice scenery and a great car culture as well.

Would anyone care to share why they live in Scottsdale/Pheonix and what they like/don't like about it? My end goal is to run an e-commerce site that eventually progresses to a physical warehouse distribution system, so any business aspect relating to this would be great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Would anyone care to share why they live in Scottsdale/Pheonix and what they like/don't like about it?
Just a coincidence for me. Wanted out of California.
I don't like it being 120 for 3 months straight or the traffic. I like everything else.
Flash floods are pretty cool (this is the freeway last year)
arizona-flooding-tava-5-1.jpg

hestati

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 14, 2014
San Diego, Cali
I am wondering too. When I was choosing a city in US to live, there was really no choice if you think about it. San Diego is the best, but most underrated city in US.

How do you guys survive in +45 Celsius?

D

DeletedUser394

How do you guys survive in +45 Celsius?

It's a dry heat, so it's not bad at all.

I walked around every day in the sun with a waterbottle and was fine, not even a sunburn.

I climbed a mountain with @Genium when it was 45 and that was kind of brutal, but other than that just being in 45 heat wasn't bad at all.

I'd take 45 C and no humidity over, 25 C and a lot of humidity.

hestati

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 14, 2014
San Diego, Cali
Well, me too I prefer dry heat, but hey, you need AC in your car, in your house. Can you play sports outside? Probably only at night.

Don't get me wrong, I spent 14 years in Montreal, worst weather in the world, I hated every minute of it, so I am not saying Phoenix is shit, but there are much better places when weather is concerned, so there must be something else besides "the weather is good here, I'll move

D

DeletedUser394

Well, me too I prefer dry heat, but hey, you need AC in your car, in your house. Can you play sports outside? Probably only at night.

Don't get me wrong, I spent 14 years in Montreal, worst weather in the world, I hated every minute of it, so I am not saying Phoenix is shit, but there are much better places when weather is concerned, so there must be something else besides "the weather is good here, I'll move

I lived 18 years in Montreal. Loved the weather! lol. When the leaves changed every year it was beautiful.

Something else? Okay, real estate is cheap as shit and there's plenty of it. I was looking at condos for 50k a few weeks back. 50k won't even get you a parking spot where I'm at now, and I'm sure SD is the same.

Ps, I don't live in Arizona, just been there a few times, usually in the middle of the summer when it's the hottest.

A lot of people like the sun, and it just so happens to be sunny and clear 99% or the time.

A lot of full time phoenix residents travel elsewhere during the hottest months.

hestati

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 14, 2014
San Diego, Cali
Oh wow, I thought days of 50k condos are gone even for Phoenix. I don't follow RE market, but was under impression that it recovered already

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.