The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

REAL resources on self image and self belief

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
But why Nietzsche?

I'll periodically update my answer as ideas come to me.

I like Nietzsche because his ideas are about saying yes to life and living vigorously.

I recommend Nietzsche's "eternal recurrence" concept as a good starting point. Watch this video from minutes 0-2 & 8-11 to start, and if you really like it, get this course on Nietzsche in The Great Courses on Audible (the course lectures are by husband & wife philosopher professors).

More of his works are here: Friedrich Nietzsche - Wikisource, the free online library

I am told that the Walter Kauffmann translations of Nietzsche are the best (he's German).

The idea of eternal recurrence is that imagine whatever life you live, you will have to relive again & again for eternity. The point is to add weight to each minute of your life so that you appreciate it more.

How will Nietzsche help an entrepreneur?

His ideas are applicable to a well-lived life as a whole so I won't specify to why it benefits entrepreneurs.

You mention that Nietzsche will get the "poisonous" beliefs out of your mind. What are these poisonous beliefs that you are referring to, and how will clearing them help?

Nietzsche convincingly calls BS on religious, philosophical, & intellectual so there are many bad ideas that he can help you see through.

But regarding the poisonous ones, he discusses the cloaked ways that the victim complex manifests itself in human affairs, particularly morality. The idea isn't that you should never treat people well, but rather what people often call virtue, morality, ethics, etc is often a series of rationalizations about whatever life they happen to have that can develop into full blown manipulations - think of any time that you've heard someone tell someone that "you're not allowed to have an opinion on this topic because you haven't suffered or because you are too fortunate." His thoughts on resentment are very important, as resentment / the victim complex affects all of us in some ways, and that what counts is a matter of degree.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.