The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Real estate coaching

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Antfarmer

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 28, 2019
Regina, saskatchewan
Hey Everyone, first off wanted to give a little background. I'm a full time house flipper for over 5 years, done a few dozen flips from purchase to sale. Recently I've started a coaching program for people that are wanting to flip houses. What I wanted to get some ideas on is which areas would be best to focus on to add value that would set myself apart from others?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hey Everyone, first off wanted to give a little background. I'm a full time house flipper for over 5 years, done a few dozen flips from purchase to sale. Recently I've started a coaching program for people that are wanting to flip houses. What I wanted to get some ideas on is which areas would be best to focus on to add value that would set myself apart from others?
Hey AF!

I think i've got something to say you may find valuable..

I'll speak from a consumer's perspective here as someone who actually does eventually want to get involved in real estate

All the time when I'm on YouTube watching a video, I'll get an ad for a real estate course / training program (or something outside of real estate)

When I see these people, I instantly google them to find out who they are and what they do. I don't actually watch the ad.

If I can't find a single piece of valuable content they've posted, I'll automatically label them an annoyance and not worthy of attention..

Unfortunately, for a lot of people running real estate ads to sell thing similar to you at least, a lot of them DON'T have much content and if they do, it's quite half-a$$ed.

However, every once in a while I'll find someone who, at first, their ad annoys me because it's extremely salesy...

But then I'll google them and find that they're all over the place, they've got a beautiful portfolio of videos on all social media platforms, perhaps they have blogs, etc..

What I will do then is watch one of their short videos first to see if they've actually got good information.

Most of the time with people like this, their short videos portray something where I'm like "Oh! I didn't think of that before.. that's interesting!"

Then I'll go and watch one of their longer videos, which sometimes is packed with value and I instantly learn something new.

I haven't purchased any of their products yet, but I have opted into their e-mail lists to check out their lead magnets and they have permission now to sell to me when I am ready to purchase a product they're selling.

All of that started because they had just put some of their best value out there in terms of content, whether it's video or written word, meanwhile, for those who didn't have content, I don't remember a single thing about them other than they had an ad and were trying to sell me something.

Recently because of this sequence, someone who I've seen as a scammer for over a year who kept advertising to me eventually got me to say..

"Ok.. What's this dude about?"

I ended up buying his book and it's absolutely amazing.

Will I buy his product ever..? Not sure. But it was a big transition.

Hope you find some value in this!

-Mike

Antfarmer

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 28, 2019
Regina, saskatchewan
Hey AF!

I'll speak from a consumer's perspective here as someone who actually does eventually want to get involved in real estate

All the time when I'm on YouTube watching a video, I'll get an ad for a real estate course / training program (or something outside of real estate)

When I see these people, I instantly google them to find out who they are and what they do. I don't actually watch the ad.

If I can't find a single piece of valuable content they've posted, I'll automatically label them an annoyance and not worthy of attention..

Unfortunately, for a lot of people running real estate ads to sell thing similar to you at least, a lot of them DON'T have much content and if they do, it's quite half-a$$ed.

However, every once in a while I'll find someone who, at first, their ad annoys me because it's extremely salesy...

But then I'll google them and find that they're all over the place, they've got a beautiful portfolio of videos on all social media platforms, perhaps they have blogs, etc..

What I will do then is watch one of their short videos first to see if they've actually got good information.

Most of the time with people like this, their short videos portray something where I'm like "Oh! I didn't think of that before.. that's interesting!"

Then I'll go and watch one of their longer videos, which sometimes is packed with value and I instantly learn something new.

I haven't purchased any of their products yet, but I have opted into their e-mail lists to check out their lead magnets and they have permission now to sell to me when I am ready to purchase a product they're selling.

All of that started because they had just put some of their best value out there in terms of content, whether it's video or written word, meanwhile, for those who didn't have content, I don't remember a single thing about them other than they had an ad and were trying to sell me something.

Recently because of this sequence, someone who I've seen as a scammer for over a year who kept advertising to me eventually got me to say..

Will I buy his product ever..? Not sure. But it

Hey Mike

Thanks for the insight, I'm working on getting more stuff together to post.

as a big transition.

-Mike

Hey AF!

All of that started because they had just put some of their best value out there in terms of content, whether it's video or written word, meanwhile, for those who didn't have content, I don't remember a single thing about them other than they had an ad and were tryinHey g to sell me something.

-Mike

Hey AF!

-Mike
Hey Mike, thanks for your insight. I've been so busy with working on the house flipping business that I haven't produced much content. What I have done both is in person coaching for new home owners and given presentations about my real estate journey into house flipping for some real estate groups. I don't do social media which is likely a setback, where would you suggest starting? Another thing I did a few years back was a video series for my email list about what to look for when purchasing residential real estate.

Frank

Havox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 9, 2015
California
Hey Mike, thanks for your insight. I've been so busy with working on the house flipping business that I haven't produced much content. What I have done both is in person coaching for new home owners and given presentations about my real estate journey into house flipping for some real estate groups. I don't do social media which is likely a setback, where would you suggest starting? Another thing I did a few years back was a video series for my email list about what to look for when purchasing residential real estate.

Frank

Fast and easy is going to be TikTok and for long form YouTube. If there is recordings of your engagement that would be great content for YouTube.

If you've done coaching/talking engagements have you thought about commoditizing your knowledge into a coaching course? And create social proof by creating content on TikTok and YouTube.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

4gus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jan 18, 2023
I've started a coaching program for people that are wanting to flip houses. What I wanted to get some ideas on is which areas would be best to focus on to add value that would set myself apart from others?

What I have done both is in person coaching for new home owners and given presentations about my real estate journey into house flipping for some real estate groups

Maybe start with defining these people that you're talking about? The answer may become your niche. It could be:
- home owners/ RE group like you already did.
- real estate investor: experienced or just starting
- inside your province or outside (I notice you're from SK?)
- people with enough capital vs people looking to partner
- a specific course of how did you find your deal, how did you build your team and so on.
From there, you can start building your content and provide value through social media etc.

Few years ago, I've attended several real estate seminars/ coaching programs and they mostly made money from seminars, not from investing in real estate lol. So, this can be your opportunity to be different from them. btw, I still remember there was this one coach that I used to watch in youtube, his name is Mike Wolf.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.