The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reading through reddit and found this...

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Reddit never fails to deliver a laugh.

They got slowlaner answers, because they asked a slowlaner question.

"That's IF your health holds up. We've been in "save mode" for over 20 years and I'm starting to get worried about enjoying the fruits of my labor in my later years. I'm 42 now. My back always hurts and I can barely last an hour on my motorcycle that I just recently bought due to our "save mode". Really wish I would've done more living when I was younger.

I eat healthy and exercise regularly as well in an attempt to protect my investment. That's what you become in the end.....an investment in your own future." -
some dude's response on that reddit thread.

If that ^^^^^ doesn't scare anyone off the slowlane, nothing will.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Reddit never fails to deliver a laugh.

They got slowlaner answers, because they asked a slowlaner question.

"That's IF your health holds up. We've been in "save mode" for over 20 years and I'm starting to get worried about enjoying the fruits of my labor in my later years. I'm 42 now. My back always hurts and I can barely last an hour on my motorcycle that I just recently bought due to our "save mode". Really wish I would've done more living when I was younger.

I eat healthy and exercise regularly as well in an attempt to protect my investment. That's what you become in the end.....an investment in your own future." -
some dude's response on that reddit thread.

If that ^^^^^ doesn't scare anyone off the slowlane, nothing will.

So true.. It's shitty everyone has been programmed this way and taught to not think of any alternatives..

I kind of see it down to a instinctive level though, What does make sense in most people's brains is the instinct to survive. You must find the most secure way to secure your future for you and your offsprings. It does make sense to me in a psychological way, but you can easily be just as secure as an entrepreneur, just makes more effort that people don't want to make.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Seems like a fastlaner question, and I haven't read a fastlane response yet...

The way social media voting and visibility settings work, confirmation bias gets voted up. It's the blue-pill of the sidewalk. They want to hear responses like this:

-Spend all your money on frivolous things right away. There is no point in saving.

-There is no point in working harder. The game is rigged. Don't stress yourself.

-Why try when you can lose it all?

-I lost all my money to the health care industry (why didn't you have insurance, like the law requires)?

But will tolerate responses like this:

-I took a super hard major, ate beans and gruel, lived in a dump, and saved every penny and handed it over to banks, and now my wife and I drive a fully paid-off Subaru (be still my heart) and are retiring a whole 6 years early!

because at least they can look at that and say to themselves "that's not much better than how I ended up, but not nice enough that I'm jealous, so good for him anyway."

Notably absent: The guy who used his savings to buy rentals or lock down other passive income and now spends his 40's and 50's globe trotting while his "job" is 20 minutes on the phone each week.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
My F*cking god I will never leave this forum so long as we uphold the pristine truth that is entrepreneurship. <3

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.