The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Read TMF by chance at 25, now I'm here. Hi to all!

chriszach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 25, 2018
Athens, Greece
Greetings to all fastlaners,

My name is Chris. I'm 25 years old and currently live in Greece.

The short story is that I graduated last summer as a software engineer. I worked for the university till March 2018 as a research assistant, but practically I was a developer. I left the university because I was getting paid 800ish dollars and I was supposed to be thankful for it. Payments arrived late, forcing me to cut every possible cost I could, since I did not want to ask more money from my parents. After that I returned to live with my mother (to minimize costs) and figure something out.

The longer story is that something changed the past few months. I cannot really explain it, I think it started from being angry and miserable and gradually evolved into determination to take action. I've decided to make myself uncomfortable (and it feels weird even as I'm writing this post, lol) and do something about it. I won't stretch it further but I decided to break free from this sidewalk/slowlane charade and start living forthrightly. One of the things I started doing is read books (never did) and somehow I stumbled upon TMF , felt my blood boiling and now I'm here.

Jumping into now, I've stripped off most of the mental blocks holding me back and preventing me from seeing that the fastlane is possible. Fun fact, my father asked me yesterday what goal do I have and why do I try to avoid a respectable 9-5 job. I told him I intend to be a millionaire by 35. He and everyone else that have heard this response, think that it's nice to have dreams but the real world = Slowlane. Well, one way to find out. No ties, zero experience, an empty bank account, open mind and the burning desire to get on the right lane.

Thanks MJ and thanks all for reading !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Good Intro.It's good to have you here.Welcome to the forum Chriszach.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
You're dad's worried about you. That's why he asked you those questions. It's not necessarily about fasltnae/slowlane. You have to prove to him that you're moving your life forward.

Trust me on this. Telling him that you want to be a millionaire by 35 does nothing for him.

You have to prove to him. What actions are you taking? You need to show some results to him otherwise he's going to keep thinking that you're gonna live at his house forever off of his money going nowhere in life. He's going to be wondering, "Where did I go wrong? Who's going to take care of me when I'm living at an assisted nursing home?"

It's like telling a girl, "I'm currently umemployed living with my parents." She's going to go, "Ewwww..."

I know a guy who's 28 who lives at home with his parents but he's got a good girlfriend his focus is on MMA and he's successful at it. He shows passion and work ethic. Him and his girlfriend are currently looking into buying a house.

I know you can do this. I believe in you. I wish you the best of luck. Go and prove everybody wrong.

chriszach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 25, 2018
Athens, Greece
You're dad's worried about you. That's why he asked you those questions. It's not necessarily about fasltnae/slowlane. You have to prove to him that you're moving your life forward.

Trust me on this. Telling him that you want to be a millionaire by 35 does nothing for him.

You have to prove to him. What actions are you taking? You need to show some results to him otherwise he's going to keep thinking that you're gonna live at his house forever off of his money going nowhere in life. He's going to be wondering, "Where did I go wrong? Who's going to take care of me when I'm living at an assisted nursing home?"

It's like telling a girl, "I'm currently umemployed living with my parents." She's going to go, "Ewwww..."

I know a guy who's 28 who lives at home with his parents but he's got a good girlfriend his focus is on MMA and he's successful at it. He shows passion and work ethic. Him and his girlfriend are currently looking into buying a house.

I know you can do this. I believe in you. I wish you the best of luck. Go and prove everybody wrong.

You're most certainly right. I don't doubt he is worried.
I'll do my best to calibrate and mold everything into a concrete plan and take more action.
Thanks a lot for your kind words man.
Wish you the best of luck as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...