The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rate These Ideas on Their Usefulness!

Idea threads

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Hey all, after this realization that I need to get concepts out there immediately as soon as I come up with them, I want you to check out some sketches/designs for products in my book and tell me if they're useful at all or not.

First up, this one seems like a bit of a gimmick, but I think it would be useful situationally, and even if not, it still looks cool as jewelry while inactive. It allows you to hold more items when your hands are full. It could also have Apple watch varieties.

It's called the 3rd Hand, and essentially it's a wristband made of an elastic blend material that allows it to bend and flex for weight constraints that has a pop-out hook to hold things like grocery bags, water bottles, and other hook-able items. Below are some sketches and a janky prototype holding a full bottle of water.
1690658352966.pngIMG-4566.jpgunnamed (4).jpg
Taking this completely in a different direction, it's a drink I call Fuel. Fuel is something I've wanted to see in the market for a very long time (and have made at home for myself) but I never have, often having to make compromises. See I love the drink FocusAID, it's absolutely fantastic and actually helps you focus. It has tons of nootropics and all-natural caffeine. I also love my protein shakes and multivitamins, as well as my creatine.

So what if I had all of that in one drink? What if this drink tasted like my favorite milkshake flavor? What if this drink was available in convenience stores so I could easily grab one on trips, or buy it in packs to take with me? I think people into fitness, high performers, and bio-hackers would love this drink. It also comes in a nice aluminum bottle so it can be easily recycled, cutting down on plastic.

1690659525503.png

The last idea on this list is called Snapsheets. Snapsheets are basically just bedsheets that have velcro snaps for your bed. Installation is simple. All you need to do is install the dock on the bed and then velcro the sheet on. This could be useful for young children or even people that just hate their fitted sheets in general.
1690660186565.png

Please let me know what you guys think could be useful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Hey all, after this realization that I need to get concepts out there immediately as soon as I come up with them, I want you to check out some sketches/designs for products in my book and tell me if they're useful at all or not.

First up, this one seems like a bit of a gimmick, but I think it would be useful situationally, and even if not, it still looks cool as jewelry while inactive. It allows you to hold more items when your hands are full. It could also have Apple watch varieties.

It's called the 3rd Hand, and essentially it's a wristband made of an elastic blend material that allows it to bend and flex for weight constraints that has a pop-out hook to hold things like grocery bags, water bottles, and other hook-able items. Below are some sketches and a janky prototype holding a full bottle of water.
View attachment 50468View attachment 50469View attachment 50470

Next up is something that would probably be called the KeepClear or TailGaurd.
More than one-third of car accidents are caused by tailgating (being too close to the a$$ end of one's car). Personally, I have had a few close calls and would hate to see more injured people, including myself.

So what if instead of having that useless license plate holder on the back of your car, it could warn others when they were too close? This will be designed by having a proximity sensor hooked up to yellow/orange warning lights built into the plate frame. They will start to rapidly blink when the sonic module detects they are less than a certain distance away. This works a lot better than one of those passive-aggressive stickers that just piss people off. It's more of a gentle reminder that they are too close.
Auto-accident-involving-two-cars-451333971_3586x2391.jpeg
View attachment 50473

Taking this completely in a different direction, it's a drink I call Fuel. Fuel is something I've wanted to see in the market for a very long time (and have made at home for myself) but I never have, often having to make compromises. See I love the drink FocusAID, it's absolutely fantastic and actually helps you focus. It has tons of nootropics and all-natural caffeine. I also love my protein shakes and multivitamins, as well as my creatine.

So what if I had all of that in one drink? What if this drink tasted like my favorite milkshake flavor? What if this drink was available in convenience stores so I could easily grab one on trips, or buy it in packs to take with me? I think people into fitness, high performers, and bio-hackers would love this drink. It also comes in a nice aluminum bottle so it can be easily recycled, cutting down on plastic.

View attachment 50472

The last idea on this list is called Snapsheets. Snapsheets are basically just bedsheets that have velcro snaps for your bed. Installation is simple. All you need to do is install the dock on the bed and then velcro the sheet on. This could be useful for young children or even people that just hate their fitted sheets in general.
View attachment 50474

Bravo! Honestly these are some of the best ideas I’ve heard and they’re well flushed out. Each has very good marketing potential and they all solve interesting problems. Be happy to chat with you.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

View attachment 50468View attachment 50469View attachment 50470

Next up is something that would probably be called the KeepClear or TailGaurd.
More than one-third of car accidents are caused by tailgating (being too close to the a$$ end of one's car). Personally, I have had a few close calls and would hate to see more injured people, including myself.

So what if instead of having that useless license plate holder on the back of your car, it could warn others when they were too close? This will be designed by having a proximity sensor hooked up to yellow/orange warning lights built into the plate frame. They will start to rapidly blink when the sonic module detects they are less than a certain distance away. This works a lot better than one of those passive-aggressive stickers that just piss people off. It's more of a gentle reminder that they are too close.
Auto-accident-involving-two-cars-451333971_3586x2391.jpeg
View attachment 50473

View attachment 50472

View attachment 50474

Well you can try grade my business idea, but here’s what I think

1. It would be pretty nice for carrying 10 pound water jugs for 2 km, just how would it relieve the tension? I mean if it’s around your wrist it can probably damage it or something.

2. This might actually work… I don’t drive though I think it would be pretty nice, definitely solves a big problem,

just one thing, if it’s flashing constantly, what if someone who has epilepsy is driving and starts having a seizure and crashes into 5 family cars because the person in front of them slammed the breaks causing the lights to go off?

3. This might be a biased view: I don’t drink energy drinks but this may or may not work. I don’t think I’m getting the idea of this one though.

4. I was just struggling recently to put on bed sheets; only thing is how would it feel? Arent bed sheets thin? You might feel the Velcro material.

If I had to put them in a tier list IMO, here’s what it would look like.

EFFECTIVENESS

FIRST: #4
SECOND: #2
THIRD: #1
FOURTH: #3

NEED

FIRST: #2
SECOND: #4

BIGGEST NICHE

FIRST / SECOND: Tied between #2 and #4

HARDEST ENTRY

SECOND: 3
THIRD: 4
FOURTH :1

I might have seemed a little harsh here on #3, but I don’t think I really get it. If I had to choose, 4 or 2, maybe 1

Again though only my opinion, let’s hear some others and see what the judges think..

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Well you can try grade my business idea, but here’s what I think

1. It would be pretty nice for carrying 10 pound water jugs for 2 km, just how would it relieve the tension? I mean if it’s around your wrist it can probably damage it or something.

2. This might actually work… I don’t drive though I think it would be pretty nice, definitely solves a big problem,

just one thing, if it’s flashing constantly, what if someone who has epilepsy is driving and starts having a seizure and crashes into 5 family cars because the person in front of them slammed the breaks causing the lights to go off?

3. This might be a biased view: I don’t drink energy drinks but this may or may not work. I don’t think I’m getting the idea of this one though.

4. I was just struggling recently to put on bed sheets; only thing is how would it feel? Arent bed sheets thin? You might feel the Velcro material.

If I had to put them in a tier list IMO, here’s what it would look like.

EFFECTIVENESS

FIRST: #4
SECOND: #2

NEED

SECOND: #4

BIGGEST NICHE

FIRST / SECOND: Tied between #2 and #4

HARDEST ENTRY

SECOND: 3
THIRD: 4
FOURTH :1

I might have seemed a little harsh here on #3, but I don’t think I really get it. If I had to choose, 4 or 2, maybe 1

Again though only my opinion, let’s hear some others and see what the judges think..
Definitely would not feel the velcro material, it's built mainly into the sides. With the epilepsy issue, the lights aren't super bright at all, they're more like those LEDs that kids put up in their rooms, and it does not blink fast.

Thank you for the response by the way, I value your ratings a lot.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Bravo! Honestly these are some of the best ideas I’ve heard and they’re well flushed out. Each has very good marketing potential and they all solve interesting problems. Be happy to chat with you.
Sure! Shoot me a message. I've actually tried to prototype a few of these before.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Definitely would not feel the velcro material, it's built mainly into the sides. With the epilepsy issue, the lights aren't super bright at all, they're more like those LEDs that kids put up in their rooms, and it does not blink fast.

Thank you for the response by the way, I value your ratings a lot.
Okay, so then the bed sheet might work, just how would it attach to the mattress?

LED problem, how do they see it during day? It might be hard to see.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Okay, so then the bed sheet might work, just how would it attach to the mattress?

LED problem, how do they see it during day? It might be hard to see.
There's a certain type of light that is commonly used on warning sings that is highly reflective, maybe that could work for day and night.

For the sheets the velcro is already a thing so that's not a problem, but securing the dock permanently to the mattress is something I gotta look into.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Honestly great ideas though. I would have to say those are really worthy ideas, your definitely a creative guy.

I want to see some progress. And I know you can show me some progress.

Best of luck to you bro. Better see a progress thread soon;)

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
I have already read it here on the forum be careful what you wish to share not everyone here has only good intentions. it cannot be the intention that people can just copy/ steal your idea. ( dont be naive )

you are clearly a creative person with good ideas.
the strength lies in the execution and the eventual sale of units

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I have already read it here on the forum be careful what you wish to share not everyone here has only good intentions. it cannot be the intention that people can just copy/ steal your idea. ( dont be naive )

you are clearly a creative person with good ideas.
the strength lies in the execution and the eventual sale of units
I am definitely scared of this, I slapped a provisional patent on my first invention because of this actually. Thank you for your warning though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.