The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you give me your 2 cents about these ideas?

Idea threads

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
Hello everybody!

Thinking about what I could do to help people, I got two ideas.

1) I remembered how last few months with my mom on a wheelchair went by. Basically we were doomed. We live in a three-floor terraced house, with stairs everywhere. There are stairs right next to the front door, stairs to go to the bedrooms, stairs to go to the garage, we also have one step to enter each of the bathrooms.
We had a hard time making changes to our home and make it wheelchair-proof, but had a little success. I also bought a minivan to bring mom around the city, and finding and buying has been insanely hard and expensive.
So I was thinking that I could create a website or a community to bring all the knowledge and people together and help each other. Maybe something like a forum with different sections - housing, trasportation, travel, etc and lists of companies that can help with the changes (ramps, elevators, anything). I was also thinking that, since I'd like to enter RE investing, I could specialize in houses that can accomodate people with disabilities. I would start in my city/region, but it can grow and bring a lot of people together (within Italian borders, 'cause I would do this in my native language)

2) I have PCOS, and I'd like to share what I know with people that might need it. Again, a website or a community for Italian-speakers seem the right way to go. Maybe write a recipe book, or something like that, could also help.

Of course I don't know anything about creating websites and forums. I'll have to learn that (any recommendation on where to start learning and what are welcomed)!

Feel free to share your thoughts. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
As a starting point, I went to google and typed in Disability Forums, the result was about 34,900,000 results in (0.49 seconds).

You may find what you are trying to do has already been done. I would suggest doing a search first across a few platforms, like Google, Duck Duck Go, Yahoo, if your really desperate and at a last resort, there's also Bing.

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
As a starting point, I went to google and typed in Disability Forums, the result was about 34,900,000 results in (0.49 seconds).

You may find what you are trying to do has already been done. I would suggest doing a search first across a few platforms, like Google, Duck Duck Go, Yahoo, if your really desperate and at a last resort, there's also Bing.

Thanks, Mark! I did that too, but seems like Italy has only one disability website that is well established. And I don’t even like its layout so, you know, MJ says “if it’s already there you can always do it, but you have to make it better”...

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
Thanks, Mark! I did that too, but seems like Italy has only one disability website that is well established. And I don’t even like its layout so, you know, MJ says “if it’s already there you can always do it, but you have to make it better”...

Your other option, is contact the webmaster or web-owner and voice your concerns, in a polite and well thought out manner. Ask them, would they be willing to make some changes and add, what you have mentioned, so others may possibly benefit. That would be a starting point.

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
That would be cool! I’m not sure they’re still taking care of the forum, it seems a little deserted (some last threads are from 2018), but I can try!

Captain Acidhead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 1, 2019
It doesn't necessarily matter that it's already been done.

Clearly, what's been done hasn't been communicated well, because you experienced being in need of it, when you and your mother were figuring it out.

Next step is soft proof. Use the forums that Mark made reference to. Execute chapter 40 of Unscripted .

If you do it well, you could select the best wheelchair accessibility service providers, vet them thoroughly, give your visitors a platform to review and rate them, and get them to pay you a commission or a price per lead.
Your visitors win, because they get a selection of the most reliable, best reviewed companies. And those companies win, because you provide them with business.

Last edited:

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
2) I have PCOS, and I'd like to share what I know with people that might need it. Again, a website or a community for Italian-speakers seem the right way to go. Maybe write a recipe book, or something like that, could also help.

PCOS is major health problem in the US.

It's become a major contributor to infertility because:
  • Americans are having children later in life than they ever have
  • Americans are heavier than ever
  • American are more insulin resistant than ever
It's misunderstood and overlooked by most health care providers here as well.

A community, website, and resources for Italian women with PCOS could be a big money maker. It could also provide much support, help, and value to those women.

PCOS rates tend to be inline with obesity rates. Many women with PCOS are not overweight or obese. But, there is a correlation between BMI and PCOS.
  • Obesity is 33% in the US and 21% in Italy.
  • Population is 300 million in the US and 60 million in Italy.
  • Obese population is 100 million in the US and 12 million in Italy.
So, there are likely fewer women with PCOS in Italy.

But, there's likely still a huge market in Italy.

The only question is whether or not that market is already being adequately served.

If you go with PCOS, a recipe book would be great, but some sort of subscription service would be better. That way you get that recurring revenue.

Maybe, a meal planning and/or workout planning service.

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
It doesn't necessarily matter that it's already been done.

Clearly, what's been done hasn't been communicated well, because you experienced being in need of it, when you and your mother were figuring it out.

Next step is soft proof. Use the forums that Mark made reference to. Execute chapter 40 of Unscripted .

If you do it well, you could select the best wheelchair accessibility service providers, vet them thoroughly, give your visitors a platform to review and rate them, and get them to pay you a commission or a price per lead.
Your visitors win, because they get a selection of the most reliable, best reviewed companies. And those companies win, because you provide them with business.

Thanks @Captain Acidhead! I'm at chapter 26 at the moment, but I'll take notes :)
I wish I could create a platform that can give all the info that people need, but I will also need some sort of income to keep it up and running. I was also thinking that I could donate parts of the profits to some associations that help people with disabilities!

PCOS is major health problem in the US.

It's become a major contributor to infertility because:
  • Americans are having children later in life than they ever have
  • Americans are heavier than ever
  • American are more insulin resistant than ever
It's misunderstood and overlooked by most health care providers here as well.

A community, website, and resources for Italian women with PCOS could be a big money maker. It could also provide much support, help, and value to those women.

PCOS rates tend to be inline with obesity rates. Many women with PCOS are not overweight or obese. But, there is a correlation between BMI and PCOS.
  • Obesity is 33% in the US and 21% in Italy.
  • Population is 300 million in the US and 60 million in Italy.
  • Obese population is 100 million in the US and 12 million in Italy.
So, there are likely fewer women with PCOS in Italy.

But, there's likely still a huge market in Italy.

The only question is whether or not that market is already being adequately served.

If you go with PCOS, a recipe book would be great, but some sort of subscription service would be better. That way you get that recurring revenue.

Maybe, a meal planning and/or workout planning service.

Obesity is a symptom of PCOS - not always, but often indeed. Sometimes it's the other way around.

But yes! I've only found 2-3 website about PCOS in Italian, and they don't have any subscription service/meal planning/workout planning service. I've learnt a lot, so I can surely share my experience!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.