• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Random Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MJ DeMarco, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,756
    We shop at Aldi every week. Quality isn't better than anywhere else. They've got good stuff, and they've got lots of junk. You just gotta shop carefully. You can get good stuff for cheap though, so we like it!

The only thing German about it, is the random German exports, the cashiers that get to sit down, and the quarter to get a cart.

Nelow and becks22 like this.
  2. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,247
    Per the title, every thought I have is random nowadays. :)

3. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,531
    I always have some kind of ache somewhere on my body the day after BJJ class lol

4. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,602
    You would love boxing @Ninjakid

Try going home with a bloody nose & mouth coupled with a headache

5. Ninjakid

Rep Bank:
    $9,531
    I do boxing too. Haven't gotten a bloody nose yet, but headaches I've had many of those lol.

sparechange likes this.
  6. Nelow

Nelow Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $186
    Any other landlords run into the situation of flirty tenants? and if so what was your approach. I try my best to be cordial in my dealing with my tenants and keeping them happy, I find that this leads to certain individuals feeling "special." I always see those situations as a recipe for disaster and stay clear of advances or blurred boundaries.

Longinus and minivanman like this.
  7. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,716
    That just makes unnecessary drama and possible "consequences "

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,602
    I misread that as dirty tenants........ ha

WHys this a problem? :devil:

Bearcorp likes this.
  9. Kyle Thumm

Kyle Thumm Aspiring Super Hero Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $354
    How come we haven't come up with a more sophisticated and secure way to conduct elections???

We have multiple states that are finding hundreds of thousands of ballots 48-HOURS after the polls close and we have Senate seats that are flipping because of it.

There has to be a better way to conduct these right?

10. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,346
    Probably best to try and be as professional as possible and keep interactions minimal, don't be over the top friendly or give any of those "vibes" no need to be rude but also don't give any openings or indications that you have any interest.

Unless your single and are happy to blur some boundaries, that's a different approach :rofl:

Nelow likes this.
  11. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,756
    Have been thinking about BJJ.

What do you like most about it?

12. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,346
    I did too until I read your comment :rofl::rofl:

sparechange likes this.
  13. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,247
    In the house cleaning business there were also flirty customers. For several years I used to go around and check the houses as the girls cleaned.... my one customer, Cindy, I saw her boobs several times. Other customers in the shower, some getting out of the shower and still naked..... they were our customer for YEARS! They knew I was coming in. No, I never rang the bell while my girl was there cleaning, I had a key and they knew I was coming in. I stayed away from all the customers I think.... employees on the other hand.... well, I was single then ya know :innocent: :halo: Kinda makes me want to start another cleaning business.... ;)

DVU, Longinus, Bearcorp and 1 other person like this.
  14. sparechange

Rep Bank:
    $3,602
    Im for hire...

Just saying

15. IceCreamKid

IceCreamKid With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $128,372
    Never let the tenants know that you're the landlord. Instead, position yourself as the property manager. They won't feel any incentive to flirt with you if they think you don't have the power to give them a break on rent, give them special deals, etc.

BiggerPockets has a lot of excellent resources for landlords and they're quite vigilant about keeping the gurus away.

Dramolion, Daniel A, Sheens and 3 others like this.
  16. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $70,003
    Pretty sure you can get it in Whole Foods.

17. splok

splok Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,537
    A few pages late on this one, but imo, that's how you're supposed to do conferences. Lots of people show up and just expect great things to happen, but like anything else, you've got to seek them out. The big benefit of conferences is that they gather a bunch of people with similar interests in one spot, making it easy to organize a bunch of face-to-face meetings/chats with people. You do get the increased opportunity for serendipitous things just by being there, but that increases with the number of people that you plan to meet since you can also get acquainted with people in their circle.

It's also good to keep in mind that the real networking happens at private afterparties. A few drinks makes a lot of the other problems stop being problems (and maybe introduces some new ones hehe).

18. splok

splok Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $5,537
    A few comments here, since I've lived in both spots (though this is from the perspective of one of the most expensive cities in Europe):

I think this is very location-dependent. I encountered FAR more homeless people while living in Europe, but I lived in the middle of the city and walked/bussed everywhere. Beggars were pretty much everywhere. Even though I've lived in a few US cities, I haven't lived/worked in the downtown/walkable spots, so even if there were lots of homeless, I wouldn't really encounter them.

This is more about habits, cost, and ease imo. Our corporations have made "junk" food incredibly cheap and easy to get, so it ends up being the default. If you want to eat healthily, then that's a conscious decision that costs more money and effort. In my European city, (I assume) taxes and regulations have kept the junk food from being the cheap/easy option, so the default was far healthier. I could still eat terrible food there, but it was more money and effort.

The crux of it is that eating healthy here isn't any harder or more expensive than eating healthy there. It's just that in my Euro city, there wasn't really a comparable cheap/unhealthy option. I can stop at a good grocery store, get good ingredients, and cook good food in the US just like I could there, and it would still cost less both in money and effort. (WAY less effort really, since lugging groceries home on the bus was NOT my favorite thing... though the forced/default exercise surely made me healthier.) BUT, here there are tons of even cheaper/easier options.

These spots exist, but they're not the default. You would need to actively choose to live in a walkable spot, but it is possible.

All very true, though it's probably more of a tourist problem. When you live here, you learn to avoid places/things that don't work. Although in general, US infrastructure is sh*tty at interfacing with anything international, so that may have been some of the problem. Also, for whatever it's worth, I've had plenty of problems using US cards and phones in Europe and Asia. My Euro phone didn't even really work in neighboring countries, which was a pain.

It's all in what you're after. If you want to go to a spot that feels like a European city, you could get pretty close I think, but it's going to be specific neighborhoods, not the entire city. Sort of like the food, you need to pick the kind of lifestyle you want to lead. Although, I'll suggest that trying to make the US like Europe isn't really leveraging its comparative advantages: space and corporations. :) When I moved back, I bought a house that was 10x the size of my Euro apartment for 1/5 it's price, and Costco will deliver a pallet of pretty good steak in an hour, with Amazon bringing whatever else I need (far easier and cheaper than in Europe).

Agreed!

MTF and KLaw like this.
  19. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $3,716
    Bill Gates is trying to revolutionize toilets.

20. Ninjakid

Rep Bank:
    $9,531
    Definitely worth giving a try!

• It gives you full control of your opponent. A strike can be slipped or countered, but a choke is a choke. Doesn't matter how big you are or how much you train, it just takes 3-4 seconds to cut the blood to the brain and make someone unconscious.
    • You can disarm an opponent without really hurting them... Or you can kill them. When manipulating the human body, there are endless possibilities.
    • You can punch and kick? Once I take control of your legs there's nothing you can do.
    • Every class as sparring, so you're always testing yourself. You get real confidence in your abilities, and you learn to control the adrenaline rush that happens in combat.
    • It's an extremely scientific approach to fighting, everything that's talked about can be put into practice.
    When you first start, it will probably make no sense. The learning curb is pretty steep, but if you keep at it your body will instinctually start knowing what to do.

Just like anything else, more you practice and seek to understand, the better you will become!

Also, there's TONS of YouTube videos out there you can use to help yourself learn.

21. Nelow

Rep Bank:
    $186
    The amount of people who don't know how a house works is astonishing. You reside in these building for a great portion of your life.

22. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $3,716
    How does a house work?

YoungPadawan likes this.
  23. DVU

DVU In Progress Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,620
    Was at an entrepreneurship conference yesterday.

The founder that was a great dude died last year.

They decided to make collect money from sponsors and give it away(whatever that's called)

Hmm, they will give it to small companies so they can grow and hire more people.

NOPE!

I quote "we want to give this money to people like a regular cashier in a store because they don't have much"

Wow! Let's not give money to people that can generate more value in the market and open more jobs. Instead, let's give it to someone that has little to no market influence and value.

Wow.

Got up and left.

Longinus and RazorCut like this.
  24. Nelow

Rep Bank:
    $186
    That's one of the first problems. People don't find out themselves, So when you have a leak on your ceiling and request a roofing company to handle it, they will upsell you on a brand new roof because your roof is "A wreck and if left undone the moister could lead to a detrimental mold infestation." All because you didn't do the research to know that only 3 shingles need to be replaced because of "nail pops."

Dramolion and Bearcorp like this.
  25. RazorCut

RazorCut Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,599

This reminds me of the teach a man to fish vs give a man a fish proverb. Shortsightedness