The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Refusal to comply even after claiming a religious exemption and lose your $3M job. What a world we find ourselves in.

Now I know why there is an exodus into AZ, UT, TX and other states.

Sounds like a great time for young adults to take a stand against authority, you know, like they did during the Vietnam War. Walk out of your next game. Refuse to play. Stand behind your coach.

Will they?

Naw. Unlike in 1971 when no one believed any politician, in 2021 the words of politicians are gospel.

Reminder, COVID/VAX Urls are usually broken if CV and VAX is in the URL.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Sounds like a great time for young adults to take a stand against authority, you know, like they did during the Vietnam War. Walk out of your next game. Refuse to play. Stand behind your coach.
This right here.

Time for us to all stop being f*cking p*ssies.

This is our battle... If we don't say anything now, it's only going to get worse.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
My friend met a couple in church who were going to get solar panels for moral/eco reasons but instead used 'Ice Mans' technique to get used to cold temperatures and avoid central heating altogether after discovering the negatives around solar panel manufacturing. I dig their committment :rofl:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

My friend met a couple in church who were going to get solar panels for moral/eco reasons but instead used 'Ice Mans' technique to get used to cold temperatures and avoid central heating altogether after discovering the negatives around solar panel manufacturing. I dig their committment :rofl:
to their credit, sounds like they don't half-a$$ anything! Lool

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why are nursing homes so expensive?? Is there a better way?
It seems like even families who have a good amount of money and/or retirement investments ($1-3 million or so) end up spending it all on end-of-life care... Very sad.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Point of information...

CNN, Fox News and the first result on a Google search is NOT research.

And if this is the extent of your "research" please don't consider yourself educated.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Why are nursing homes so expensive?? Is there a better way?
It seems like even families who have a good amount of money and/or retirement investments ($1-3 million or so) end up spending it all on end-of-life care... Very sad.

I was thinking about all the "fired" healthcare workers. If someone put together a housecall app that they could all get on... Boom, the uber of healthcare, specifically made for people whom aren't woke bootlickers.

Take insurance and everything.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I was thinking about all the "fired" healthcare workers. If someone put together a housecall app that they could all get on... Boom, the uber of healthcare, specifically made for people whom aren't woke bootlickers.
1634744465788.png

Seriously, this is a great idea.

I've thought about this one many times. Using modern technology to bring back old-fashioned house calls for doctors etc. would be a game-changer. The medical field is getting more and more complex, expensive, burdensome, and hard to navigate.

I would love to work on a project like this. That being said, anyone reading this, steal the idea - the world needs it!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Take insurance and everything.

Incredible idea, problem is, it would only be promoted (and get billions in FREE PR) if it is was executed by a "woke bootlicker" -- our service is only for vaxinated patrons. Otherwise, there would be no mainstream support, no free pr, no tech crunch articles, nothing... without the wokeness, it'd end up being the Parler of healthcare. Hard to gain widespread adoption when every powerful media organization would work to seal your failure.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Incredible idea, problem is, it would only be promoted (and get billions in FREE PR) if it is was executed by a "woke bootlicker" -- our service is only for vaxinated patrons. Otherwise, there would be no mainstream support, no free pr, no tech crunch articles, nothing... without the wokeness, it'd end up being the Parler of healthcare. Hard to gain widespread adoption when every powerful media organization would work to seal your failure.

This is such a shame, but true. Now, Parler's entrepreneur is still wealthy... But he isn't Jack Dorsey wealthy.

There is no doubt a loyal sect of people that would adopt such a service though.

It is a shame that the "woker," more of a state loving, brainwashed, narrative parroting, and bootlicking someone is, the more likely they currently are to build a billion dollar business.

It feels like high school... The "valedictorian" was only measured on a narrow scope of performance linked to obedience. I never had any respect for "valedictorian" as an accomplishment.

There's a radio show topic... "The Valedictorian." A beta follower.

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
This is such a shame, but true. Now, Parler's entrepreneur is still wealthy... But he isn't Travis Kalanick wealthy.

There is no doubt a loyal sect of people that would adopt such a service though.

It is a shame that the "woker," more of a state loving, brainwashed, narrative parroting, and bootlicking someone is, the more likely they currently are to build a billion dollar business.

It feels like high school... The "valedictorian" was only measured on a narrow scope of performance linked to obedience. I never had any respect for "valedictorian" as an accomplishment.

There's a radio show topic... "The Valedictorian"
Historically speaking, it has always been like this. Do what those in power want you to do, and they will help you, promote you, allow you to manage wealth. The only difference is the degree of transparency that this is done with. In Putin’s Russia it’s in plain sight, in the West it’s somewhat more hidden.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is true UNLESS you play the Mike Lindell card, or Allegiance Flag Co.

There might be chance if you stay pretty neutral being featured on some of the best media outlets...

But you're right, the really big ones are all going to push the narrative hard for this idea.

I still think it's possible.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is true UNLESS you play the Mike Lindell card, or Allegiance Flag Co.

There might be chance if you stay pretty neutral being featured on some of the best media outlets...

But you're right, the really big ones are all going to push the narrative hard for this idea.

I still think it's possible.

Yeah! Advertise on Newsmax like My Pillow and Super Beats. I bet the owner of Super Beats has some money. I know Mike Lindell does.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yeah! Advertise on Newsmax like My Pillow and Super Beats. I bet the owner of Super Beats has some money. I know Mike Lindell does.
Target the older crowd - they will be the best customers anyway and they will probably love and appreciate what you are doing.

The "Silent Majority" generation would be the best customers for this service, and can grow from there.

(Also, it doesn't need any sort of political slant. Just being free from one of the large health systems, free to place house calls, pay for care directly and transparently, all using a smartphone app... That would be massive innovation)

Last edited by a moderator:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Go read some online comments about the healthcare workers and police and firefighters who are resigning rather than being bullied to get an injection. Apparently they are all horrible humans who deserve to be fired and never should have been in said industry in the first place. All that discernment from one thing, them standing true to their beliefs.

From societies front line heroes to being on the forefront of demonization in roughly one month. And everyone eats it up. Whats the next up on the hit list?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
How do you approach and entice micro business owners (online) to talk to you/give you information before you've actually started providing your service?

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
This is actually nice customer service in comparison to the tradies I've hired :rofl: (not my pic)
FC6jrhJ.jpg

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
How do you approach and entice micro business owners (online) to talk to you/give you information before you've actually started providing your service?
Depends what you’re selling and to whom. If you’re selling marketing services to life coaches, trying for a direct approach is like asking “Would you like me to give you HIV?” :rofl: The reaction is likely to be the same.

There are many people who HATE/DESPISE marketers in many niches atm.

On the other hand if you’re trying to offer something else, like say share with them a more affordable way of traveling around the country to busy businessmen who travel a lot, you’ll have a very captive audience.

So the former case: either mass email outreach, in which case you’ll get like 3-4 meetings every 100 or so people you email, or you do an indirect approach where you get to know them, mu mu mu, hi hi hi, aren’t you a fun guy or gal, oh yeah, I can help you get more clients or you go after people who already want to hire marketers.

In the latter case: pitch em straight up, zero mercy!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
It's such a blessing being born in a time where you get access to so many great ideas at the touch of your finger tips.

I hope that you guys are making good use of that.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Pet peeve of mine: when restaurants insist I "scan the barcode to see the menu"
What will they do if you can’t? Bring you the old style paper menu or spare smartphone to use?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
In investing, everything that’s important is counter-intuitive, and everything that’s obvious to everyone is wrong.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't care for social media and if I were an absolute monarch I would shut all of them down.

But since that fantasy isn't reality, I'll say that it's important to learn how to use it for a bunch of reasons.

1) Because you can use to market your business.

2) Because so many people have had their psychologies reshaped by it, so you should learn it just to have some understanding of why people are the way they are. Unless you're fine with saying "I just don't understand kids these days" later in your life.

3) Because if you're a dude in your teens or early 20s Instagram will play an alarming role in your dating life. Our whole society was already trending towards winner take all, but IG has accelerated this in the dating world. Lots of women will ask if you have social media when you ask for their phone number because they'd rather use that to 1) vet you to see if you're normal and 2) to see how you stack up socially. I don't like this game, but it's one that is being imposed on us. Don't say that I didn't warn you.

And before someone wastes my time saying that total social media abstinence is the only viable option (if you can do that and still hit all of your goals, fine, do that), I'll say that while most people use the internet to waste their time on dopamine rushes via cat videos, people on this forum use the internet to get rich. You can find a parallel with social media.

The tool is less important than how you use it.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I don't care for social media and if I were an absolute monarch I would shut all of them down.

But since that fantasy isn't reality, I'll say that it's important to learn how to use it for a bunch of reasons.

1) Because you can use to market your business.

2) Because so many people have had their psychologies reshaped by it, so you should learn it just to have some understanding of why people are the way they are. Unless you're fine with saying "I just don't understand kids these days" later in your life.

3) Because if you're a dude in your teens or early 20s Instagram will play an alarming role in your dating life. Our whole society was already trending towards winner take all, but IG has accelerated this in the dating world. Lots of women will ask if you have social media when you ask for their phone number because they'd rather use that to 1) vet you to see if you're normal and 2) to see how you stack up socially. I don't like this game, but it's one that is being imposed on us. Don't say that I didn't warn you.

And before someone wastes my time saying that total social media abstinence is the only viable option (if you can do that and still hit all of your goals, fine, do that), I'll say that while most people use the internet to waste their time on dopamine rushes via cat videos, people on this forum use the internet to get rich. You can find a parallel with social media.

The tool is less important than how you use it.
Speaking of social media, now we have many alternative channels that seek to break the reign of Big Tech (aka Facebook, Insta, Twitter).

Trump's finally getting his social media platform out:

Troy Broussard and Ben Settle also launched SocialLair...and not a few gurus on my email list were already inviting their subscribers to follow them in:

I got into Copy Junto, Daniel Throssell's lair...and while the platform was little bit slower than FB, it was clear of ads, spam-bots and the lair owners could enforce rules more efficiently.

Such platforms can help businesses protect themselves from censorship, and guard against trolls who spam bad reviews...and curate the list even more deeply.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Trump's finally getting his social media platform out:
I want to be excited about this, imagining a free-market, uncensored social media place without the bias you see from FAANG...

But, I know it will all be about Trump, and that kind of ruins it (and this is coming from someone who has supported Trump at least on a few policies)

It's doubtful his social network will be mainstream enough; it'll probably be all about him. But we will see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.