The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't know who needs to hear this, but

one minute can justify an entire life.

Stop worrying about the years that you "wasted" and make a few that count.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Take a break from the grind and give it a shot!

I moved this to the "chat" thread, it really doesn't need its own thread. As for the pic, I have no clue but it sorta looks familiar.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Anyone have a radar detector recommendation? I have the valentine 1. Looking at the valentine 2, but it hasn’t caught up with the times. Uniden R7 looks interesting.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I’m sorry for you fellow fastlaners, I’m gonna be richView attachment 40373
Poor Burry must have lost his shorts after going against Elon Musk and Tesla...
Next to Kiyosaki, he's the loudest bear I've seen in a while.

He even deleted his Twitter after the shorts went wrong.

So I guess we have 'F*ck your puts' Elon and JPow...and 'F*ck your calls' Burry and Xi. :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Anyone else watch Closer?

09A0EDEE-E018-400A-BB91-5FDE04A75A32.jpeg

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
"It is easy in solitude to live after our own [opinion]; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow, impactful. Years of solitude makes returning to the madness of the group seem insane, but I guess the balance of contrary forces are necessary. Hmm

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's weird - we don't trust advice from people who have not done the things they are teaching.

But, the best teachers are often those who cannot necessarily do things themselves.

And the best "doers" are often not very good teachers.

Of course, those who are both are the most quickly recognizable.

Just something to think about. I always think about Michael Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman.

No way in hell Bob Bowman could ever swim 4:03 in the 400 IM. Heck, I don't think he was ever a swimmer himself. He trained race horses, and he studied swimming, and he trained Phelps like a prize race horse.

You don't have to be X to do Y

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
We must be careful not to believe things simply because we want them to be true. No one can fool you as easily as you can fool yourself.

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
My bank believe my account may have been used to receive fraudulent funds, lol, so I can't make payments or withdraw money until they complete their review.

They say to 'use an alternative method to pay bills'... I don't have an alternate bank account so I guess I'm waiting to pay this month's bills. Pretty bad timing as my 6-monthly rent payment is due, and a package I sent got lost and I was literally in the process of sending their money back via Bank Transfer when the text came through from my bank:bored:

Could be related to my conveyancing solicitor from 2018 being investigated for misuse of funds by the Solicitors Regulation Authority a couple of months ago, maybe?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't know who needs to hear this, but

when you seriously commit to something, people will come out of the woodwork to help you, and you'll suddenly see opportunities everywhere.

We're all gonna make it.

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too." - Goethe

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But, the best teachers are often those who cannot necessarily do things themselves.

The huge industry of amateur and pro athletics are the only exception due to many factors outside of one's control like genetics, injuries, timing, etc. Athletics are a mix of physicality and mentality.

Otherwise, coaches should walk the talk. I'm not taking fitness advice from someone unfit. I'm not talking wealth advice from someone who works a 9-5 and sells life insurance. You can, I won't.

You don't have to be X to do Y

Sounds like you're readying to sell your "how to become a billionaire" coaching program. ;)

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The huge industry of amateur and pro athletics are the only exception due to many factors outside of one's control like genetics, injuries, timing, etc. Athletics are a mix of physicality and mentality.

Otherwise, coaches should walk the talk. I'm not taking fitness advice from someone unfit. I'm not talking wealth advice from someone who works a 9-5 and sells life insurance. You can, I won't.
Then how about people like Tony Robbins or Dan Sullivan? They’re both coaches/consultants with little experience building any business other than their coaching business. Sure, Tony has his hands in hundreds of companies… that he hires other people to build and manage. But still, he hasn’t started any other than his coaching business to grow from scratch

There are very few coaches/consultants with real entrepreneurial experience behind them - guys who have built multiple 8 and 9 figure startups- and those people can make 7-8 figures a year easily by working with well-funded startups (I know someone who does this). They will not work with small businesses.

I think that if this is really the standard we’ll set, we’ll limit ourselves to very few people - most of those people being completely unaffordable for most businesses.

I naturally think there is a difference between practitioners and theoreticians. A prime example imo is Jordan Peterson - the guy is a grade A theoretician in psychology who changed the lives of millions of young men, but who got himself addicted to benzos and has always taken pills to manage his moods. Knowing something is different than applying it imo. A practitioner isn’t necessarily better - he just gets results because that’s what he’s after. A theoretician is after understanding, even if deeper understanding means slowing down on results. Goggins vs a neuroscientist.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Sounds like you're readying to sell your "how to become a billionaire" coaching program. ;)
That's fair, sports and wealth are quite different.

And LOL nope, no way!!! :rofl:

...at least, not yet ;)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Then how about people like Tony Robbins or Dan Sullivan? They’re both coaches/consultants with little experience building any business other than their coaching business. Sure, Tony has his hands in hundreds of companies… that he hires other people to build and manage. But still, he hasn’t started any other than his coaching business to grow from scratch

There are very few coaches/consultants with real entrepreneurial experience behind them - guys who have built multiple 8 and 9 figure startups- and those people can make 7-8 figures a year easily by working with well-funded startups (I know someone who does this). They will not work with small businesses.

I think that if this is really the standard we’ll set, we’ll limit ourselves to very few people - most of those people being completely unaffordable for most businesses.

I naturally think there is a difference between practitioners and theoreticians. A prime example imo is Jordan Peterson - the guy is a grade A theoretician in psychology who changed the lives of millions of young men, but who got himself addicted to benzos and has always taken pills to manage his moods. Knowing something is different than applying it imo. A practitioner isn’t necessarily better - he just gets results because that’s what he’s after. A theoretician is after understanding, even if deeper understanding means slowing down on results. Goggins vs a neuroscientist.

I get where you are coming from, but see it differently. I see TR as an entrepreneur first and "coach" second. He sold more tapes than people before him. That was a business. He created a product and sold, sold, sold. In that way, he definitely walks the talk. Same with fitness. Now he invests in companies that are managed by others. So what?

The irony is that you are right about the limitation created by the constraints of "must have been there, done that". Problem is, great advice does come at a cost (often, not always).

Lately we are drowning in information and are starved for insightful knowledge. How do you suggest we separate those who can help from those who are profiteering?

My choice? I'll go after the best champion I can find to learn his method on how to win.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I get where you are coming from, but see it differently. I see TR as an entrepreneur first and "coach" second. He sold more tapes than people before him. That was a business. He created a product and sold, sold, sold. In that way, he definitely walks the talk. Same with fitness. Now he invests in companies that are managed by others. So what?
Paradoxically though, he sold tapes telling people how they can be successful in life and in business before he was ever successful himself. Indeed, he BECAME successful by doing that.

I agree that we are drowning in information, and meaning is getting crowded out by noise. I don’t use people’s backgrounds very much as a criteria anymore, because it’s not very effective. I usually give people who cross my path a chance, and see if they have useful things to say. If they do, then I listen more, if they don’t, I listen less.

There are successful entrepreneurs that I’ll never listen to again and I don’t think I can learn much from. Take Gary Vee - you listen to the guy a few times, and you’ve heard everything. Listen to him more and it’s like listening to a broken gramophone just repeating the same old same old. Who cares that the guy has made hundreads of millions?

It’s not very different with guys like Tony to be honest, although they do have much greater depth. Read Unlimited Power + Awaken the Giant and you know ~90% of what he teaches. Keep listening and 90% becomes the broken record playing over and over again.

There are very few people who are truly wise imo and a neverending fountain of new knowledge. Most people, especially when they attain fame, go on repeating the same thing over and over and over again. You listen to them today, and 5 years from today, and it’s all the same stuff, just repackaged…

But yeah, I’m eclectic… if the hobo down the street has useful things that will help me improve my business, I will listen to it. Golden Information isn’t degraded just because it comes out of a dirty mouth.

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Paradoxically though, he sold tapes telling people how they can be successful in life and in business before he was ever successful himself. Indeed, he BECAME successful by doing that.
Great point! And with social media we keep seeing this paradox play out.

Someone can go from eccentric weirdo outsider with a few thousand friends to someone followed by hundreds of thousands of people over a weekend on tiktok or Instagram.

I remember before I found flf when I was desperate to get back into a winning streak I got pulled into the affiliate marketing world. Luckily I didn't give them too much money, but I did learn a useful lesson.

There was one guy whose story was too good, numbers were too enticing, seemed *too* relatable to the people he was selling to. I scrolled back 18 months through his Facebook profile and discovered his 'secret' which you would only discover by piecing together little truths and the facts visible after a couple of hours of scrolling (my Mac was literally laggjng after scrolling thousands of post lol).

From day 1 he talked of making $2000 a month after quitting his job and taking up *affiliate offer*. From stories shared later on I discovered when he started working with this affiliate, he went from 2000 Facebook friends to 300, unfriending disinterested people. $2k sounds impressive but that's only 10 sales to his 300~ existing invested and/or interested friends out of the original 2k he had before starting. Of course, that'd be if it wasn't a lie, from day 1 he claimed the $2k sales/mo.

By month 3, he was celebrating 600 friends, hundreds of whom he met THROUGH the niche he was an affiliate for. His sales were now apparently $5k a month, at this point I think he had converted a lie to truth, based on 300 connections engaged with the niche who 'valued' his stories and a few hundred friends who were supportive and interacted with him on FB.

By month 12-18 not only were his claims of making 10-20k a month backed up by easily obtainable 'knowledge' but also the thousands of Facebook friends he carefully curated to ensure they always commented positive things on his posts gave social proof to the idea that all his stories, numbers and knowledge added up. I don't know if he was making the $30k+ a month he claimed but with the strategy he was almost certainly up to the $10k mark, not bad for 18 months of 'business' with no product development!

Of course I don't know the true numbers, but I do know (because I took the time to scroll all the way to the end of his profile) he quit he job one day, claimed to be making $2k a month three days later, and managed to sell a lot of affiliate offers based on that. The likelihood he reached $2k a month by month 2 or 3 is highly likely.

I'm so grateful for that experience, as being so completely over the lies and exaggerations of modern marketing is what lead me to discover the TMF book!

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
My condolences
kramer-write.gif

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Just spent almost 5k€ on the new Macbook Pro :happy:
I hope you bought it for an employee.

If I’m doing computer work that requires 5K of computing power, I did something wrong. :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I hope you bought it for an employee.

If I’m doing computer work that requires 5K of computing power, I did something wrong. :rofl:

Now you make me second guess a recent purchase I made for myself. Thanks brother!

:rofl:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Interesting approach. According to this guy, fake gurus are teaming up with instascammers to sell their trash products now.

@thechosen1 He recommends MeetKevin's courses somewhere around the 4:00-5:00 mark.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Interesting approach. According to this guy, fake gurus are teaming up with instascammers to sell their trash products now.

@thechosen1 He recommends MeetKevin's courses somewhere around the 4:00-5:00 mark.

XAbBHWB.gif

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Raoul Duke

Biden declares...
  • we must force everyone to eat a shitty diet to protect those who already have it.
  • we must force everyone to stop exercising to protect those who aren't exercising.
  • we must force everyone not to think to protect those who don't think.
  • we must force everyone to not take any risks to protect those not taking any risks.
  • we must force everyone wanting to live a normal live to stop living a normal life to protect those who don't live a normal life.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Raoul Duke

Biden declares...
  • we must force everyone to eat a shitty diet to protect those who already have it.
  • we must force everyone to stop exercising to protect those who aren't exercising.
  • we must force everyone not to think to protect those who don't think.
  • we must force everyone to not take any risks to protect those not taking any risks.
  • we must force everyone wanting to live a normal live to stop living a normal life to protect those who don't live a normal life.
DC8FBD50-F6B6-460E-B2C9-307BC82B1406.jpeg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.