The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Voting usefulness is not in choosing President primarily, but in quantifying populations actual state of brain.

Elections seem to be nation wide IQ tests in disguise (or EQ).

If you voted for past few of them, you also might treat it as a life long feedback of your own choices (and opportunity to see if those improved or declined over time).

Processing results of this feedback is pretty slow, averages to 4 years but its better than nothing.

Even if you "Vote None!", that is - you are roughly half of US population, you still can get statistically meaningful data from this voluntary test (for any use you can come up with).

It seems that some people are right when they say: nothing goes to waste in nature, even election.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Voting usefulness is not in choosing President primarily, but in quantifying populations actual state of brain.

Elections seem to be nation wide IQ tests in disguise (or EQ).

If you voted for past few of them, you also might treat it as a life long feedback of your own choices (and opportunity to see if those improved or declined over time).

Processing results of this feedback is pretty slow, averages to 4 years but its better than nothing.

Even if you "Vote None!", that is - you are roughly half of US population, you still can get statistically meaningful data from this voluntary test (for any use you can come up with).

It seems that some people are right when they say: nothing goes to waste in nature, even election.

I've never voted in my life :eek:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I've never voted in my life :eek:
I did once - sister asked me to. It's easier then explaining how politics work so i took a shortcut.

It feels like this:
MRvBIWkvIaDqWVqy3FheIVxp2PIZVWqMDyGJwDkX1D8.jpg

;)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
I'm not gonna complain, but...I'm running like a well-oiled machine.

No procrastination. I'm killing off Trello cards left and right like a Samurai. With total calmness, no feeling of exhaustion, or over-agitation. And I only have to sleep 5 hours.

And I can't say why that is, and that annoys me a little, because then I could adjust my behavior when the great procrastination sets in again. No supplements except the usual (zinc, vitamin D, fish oil, magnesium, B vitamins). Daily meditation. Gym 3 times a week. No change in diet.

When I finally find out how that works, I'm gonna write a book.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well, I am no longer the proud owner of an S550 all because a lady didn't have her coffee. Turned it over to insurance today. Still negotiating the settlement.

Probably just going to get something nice for the wife... I am starting to wonder why even bother with nice cars. I drove my old truck 2/3 of the time anyway.

I know a guy. Easily worth 100m, lives in a 10m dollar home, drives an old Lexus LX470. He loves it. His wife always has something newer and cool. I like his style. Screw it.

Anyone have any experience with Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5?

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Protect your personal information. I found a great article that guides you on opt-ing out of several large data-aggregators.

It's so weird, I've always been good about protecting my information and for the longest time I didn't appear in these data aggregator sites. I wonder why I started appearing... who got my information and who sold it...

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Has anyone ever taken the Amazon Advertising tutorial (classes) offered by Amazon?

Worth the time?

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 1.43.14 PM.png

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Guys, I need some advice.

There's an iconic condo being built in Toronto. The day the renders and plans were revealed, I knew this was a "dream" purchase.

Fast forward two years, construction has started and is expected to complete by May 2023.

My issue was with the deposit structure. They wanted 25% in 1 year. So, I decided to email the owner of the development company. To my surprise, he actually responded. I explained to him that I'm this 26 year old, self made entrepreneur, have a similar story to his teenage years, etc. and I told him if he would consider a monthly deposit plan. He said he would be glad to help. I sent him a proposal, he accepted. This all feels like a dream because this is the type of building that has $18m suites that have already sold and there is no reason for them to even consider a ridiculous deposit structure. So I'm still in shock but I need your advice.

The unit costs $2.8m, I can it get for $10k/month until May 2023 with an additional 10% due on occupancy (this was my proposal).

Do I pull the trigger? In a way, I'm "saving" money, aren't I? I also feel like this building, once built, will have ridiculously high resale values. If I can keep up with the payments and the final $280k at occupancy, I think I'll get an insane ROI.

I'm just having second thoughts now... not sure why. I kinda don't want to let the owner down as that will completely tarnish my reputation to him. I actually want to ask him to mentor me down the road as my end goal in life is to become a developer. But at the same time, I don't want to make a bad mistake.

Any advice?

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Do you know why JUST DOING THINGS instead of only writing ToDo lists is d*** important?

Because about 80% of the time you realize "Well, this was done quicker than expected so my workload actually isn't as big as it looks on paper, man, I'm so motivated", and 20% of the time you're in for a surprise of the kind "Oh, this is actually more complicated and entails a lot of other things I haven't considered, yet".

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Any advice?
Listen to your guts. Literally.

Whenever making big decisions in life, I focus on how it feels in my stomach and intestines. I don't know why, but they seem to have a much clearer picture of the situation than my head, and also reflect my emotions in a much more untainted manner than my head.

Whenever I went against my guts for "rational" reasons, it turned out to be the wrong decision somewhere along the road, sooner or later.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Guys, I need some advice.

There's an iconic condo being built in Toronto. The day the renders and plans were revealed, I knew this was a "dream" purchase.

Fast forward two years, construction has started and is expected to complete by May 2023.

My issue was with the deposit structure. They wanted 25% in 1 year. So, I decided to email the owner of the development company. To my surprise, he actually responded. I explained to him that I'm this 26 year old, self made entrepreneur, have a similar story to his teenage years, etc. and I told him if he would consider a monthly deposit plan. He said he would be glad to help. I sent him a proposal, he accepted. This all feels like a dream because this is the type of building that has $18m suites that have already sold and there is no reason for them to even consider a ridiculous deposit structure. So I'm still in shock but I need your advice.

The unit costs $2.8m, I can it get for $10k/month until May 2023 with an additional 10% due on occupancy (this was my proposal).

Do I pull the trigger? In a way, I'm "saving" money, aren't I? I also feel like this building, once built, will have ridiculously high resale values. If I can keep up with the payments and the final $280k at occupancy, I think I'll get an insane ROI.

I'm just having second thoughts now... not sure why. I kinda don't want to let the owner down as that will completely tarnish my reputation to him. I actually want to ask him to mentor me down the road as my end goal in life is to become a developer. But at the same time, I don't want to make a bad mistake.

Any advice?
You might be better off by turning this post into its own thread. It would be more visible to those who do RE.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Yeap
View attachment 35313
that's how half a mil, 4k LED TV looks like. 262 inches.

Have you seen Samsung's the wall? Modular display with a variety of sizes depending on your space and pocketbook!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN9XI0ll_Us

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDORL2OGuo

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I keep spending so much on my biz and am like a couple months away from bankruptcy and sleeping out on the sidewalk :rofl:

Orders to fulfill today............cash flow cash flow

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Joined a gym!

I am lifting weights 6 times per week with my brother who knows what he is doing.

3 weeks straight, I am really enjoying this.

I wish I had a globo gym nearby. That would be sweet.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Don't know how about you, but smart part of the market thinks that TSLA market cap will get halved in 2 years.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

A connection of mine offered to lend me money for real estate with great terms... another connection offered a fantastic deal on a fixer upper house... but the lending connection only wants the money used on a primary residence ...
the slow lane influences the fast lane.
This deal won’t wait, but not sure how I will get the loan I need.
a few other options are available but they aren’t as good

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
A connection of mine offered to lend me money for real estate with great terms... another connection offered a fantastic deal on a fixer upper house... but the lending connection only wants the money used on a primary residence ...
the slow lane influences the fast lane.
This deal won’t wait, but not sure how I will get the loan I need.
a few other options are available but they aren’t as good
Disclaimer: I know nothing about real estate investing beyond YouTube.

Personally I wouldn’t touch a fixer upper right now. I’d take the great loan deal, live in the house then rent it out in a couple years.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Disclaimer: I know nothing about real estate investing beyond YouTube.

Personally I wouldn’t touch a fixer upper right now. I’d take the great loan deal, live in the house then rent it out in a couple years.
Fair assessment.
Do I go for the less-than-desirable duplex for the awesome cash flow, or the mild primary home though?
Afraid of chaining myself to the area, getting scripted. Want my freedom... financially and mobility-wise

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018