The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I loved TMF , and this forum's name stem from that very concept, but personally I enjoyed Unscripted much more, it felt like a more complete book.

Regardless, they are two terrific books MJ, I'm glad to see you getting recognition for your work. Congratulations!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I loved TMF , and this forum's name stem from that very concept, but personally I enjoyed Unscripted much more, it felt like a more complete book.

Regardless, they are two terrific books MJ, I'm glad to see you getting recognition for your work. Congratulations!
I think MJ even agrees with you too.

If I had to choose between the two to give to someone it’d be Unscripted .

First time I got the audiobook I couldn’t believe how effing long it is and that such a book only cost me $15.

Basically a playbook for your financial life.

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
Glad for things to start picking up in biz in terms of support. I'm at the point now where I'm focusing on putting every dollar towards the biz.

My broke a$$ is focusing on human capital now so getting an INSIDERS sub will have to wait a bit. I'll have to update when I get a sub on my journal on the inside to specify what is happening so far.

Fresho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 15, 2019
Two days ago I drove my bike into a bus. That evening my perception changed. I had a completely different focus and a very clear mind. Have you guys ever had such an experience?

I forgot all unnecessary things. And only saw my goals and I knew what I had to do.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Two days ago I drove my bike into a bus. That evening my perception changed. I had a completely different focus and a very clear mind. Have you guys ever had such an experience?

Yup, that's your FTE my friend. Hope you are OK?

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm speechless!

ship.jpg

Elon must have read this book for inspiration :cool:

Fresho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 15, 2019
Yup, that's your FTE my friend. Hope you are OK?

Yes thank you MJ. I only slightly injured one shoulder. I carried my bike to the hospital with the other arm.

And I quit my job just a few days ago. I saved enough money to live from for at least 1 year.

Definitely a FTE

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
ever get mad later in life at how much time u wasted because u were poorly educated by the system, either due to incompetence or something more sinister(matrix).

but there's literally nothing u can do about it now so u just shrug and move on, with more vigilance this time around.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia

I may be part of a minority that enjoyed TMF more than Unscripted . Something in the tone and voice that I enjoyed more. I admit I am still finishing up Unscripted (Chapter 41). Unscripted definitely has a more in depth analysis on CENTS and execution but there is just a certain magic with TMF that I can't pinpoint.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
ever get mad later in life at how much time u wasted because u were poorly educated by the system, either due to incompetence or something more sinister(matrix).

but there's literally nothing u can do about it now so u just shrug and move on, with more vigilance this time around.
I’m learning not to blame my younger self for my ignorance. It’s hard, but i’m learning.

diogoatmelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 30, 2019
Portugal
I’m learning not to blame my younger self for my ignorance. It’s hard, but i’m learning.

Yeah, just make sure it doesn't happen again.
Since I'm relatively young I haven't experienced real disappointment with my younger self, however, I do make actual effort to make sure it doesn't happen.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

I don't blame my younger self either, but my younger self developed some bad habits and mindsets that are really tough to rewire all these years later.

like laziness and addiction, and just lack of discipline.
Just general kind of overly chill attitude thats all well and good until u get stuck in a cubicle, at which point u don't have the luxury of chilling out, but the path to escape that cubicle involves more work effort than you've ever had to do in your life up to that point.

It like paying the price for chilling out so much all those innocent years. lol

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I don't blame my younger self either, but my younger self developed some bad habits and mindsets that are really tough to rewire all these years later.

like laziness and addiction, and just lack of discipline.
Just general kind of overly chill attitude thats all well and good until u get stuck in a cubicle, at which point u don't have the luxury of chilling out, but the path to escape that cubicle involves more work effort than you've ever had to do in your life up to that point.

It like paying the price for chilling out so much all those innocent years. lol
Well as my uncle says, "don't beat yourself up, the world is going to beat you up enough as it is."

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
Very exciting for me to see TMF #1 on the list.

Essence is a huge magazine, the type of thing that could land on Oprah's desk.

Nice holiday gift!

Congrats!!

In Belgium there's still a way to go.

= "Toplist with books about becoming rich"

I made a comment (waiting for moderation). You can guess what it was.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2019-12-01 om 21.18.30.png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-12-01 om 21.18.30.png
    428.9 KB · Views: 4

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16fkk_nklfY

Anybody remember this episode on dragons den where a college professor called out the investors because he thought he knew more than they did? Here they had a real investment and real world/partners and investors and they chose their professor. Classic example of academia's pervasive intellectual arrogance.:rofl:

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Some possible hustle arbitrage for anyone in the areas of action.

Someone just didn't pick up his Tesla from post office :2014 Tesla Model S | CWS - Asset Management and Sales lol

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
So when did this change?

One of my employees went to my bank to deposit funds into my business account and also to get $100 in change to take back to the store.
100 bucks.
And they wouldn't change it for him because he didn't have an account there.
I could believe it.
So I went there and asked them if he could have changed a $10 bill for a roll of quarters.
Nope.
That really got my ire.
So I said, ok, how about if I wanted 4 quarters for a dollar???
They then tried to explain to me that they needed to confirm in case they needed to "trace" funds back!?
So I went to another bank I deal with, not affiliated with the first one. They basically said the same thing if they didn't 'know' you.
What????
I had the same scenario with the US Post office awhile back. I took 5 or 6 packages (pre-labeled) into the PO, the next town over and they WOULDN'T ACCEPT THEM!
I asked why and they said we are told how many employees we can hire based on the packages that we take-BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT IF IT ISN'T FROM THEIR ZIP CODE!
So they didn't want to take my packages. ( I think they recognized that our business ships out a large amount of packages for our PO-maybe they are jealous) :smile2:
Anyhow, I am a bit steamed.
Since when did this begin to happen????

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I had the same scenario with the US Post office awhile back. I took 5 or 6 packages (pre-labeled) into the PO, the next town over and they WOULDN'T ACCEPT THEM!

Why not just drop it off in the drop box?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Since when did this begin to happen????
Since the Ivy Leaguers that run our government decided the best way to fight money laundering and terrorism was one roll of quarters at a time. :rofl:

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Why not just drop it off in the drop box?
Some of the packages are too large for the drop box out front. 20"x20"x16" doesn't fit.
Many times we ship a pair of work boots and some workwear or a hard hat in the same order and it is always less expensive in one package rather than two.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
They then tried to explain to me that they needed to confirm in case they needed to "trace" funds back!?
When I was working in banking in 2013, we had a regular weekly task of verifying the cash that was in the vault. We would count all the money and report exactly how many hundreds, fifties, etc. there was in the branch.

But I assumed it was just for making sure that the money wasn't disappearing.

This makes it sound like someone in some regulatory department somewhere is monitoring the cash that passes in and out of the bank, down to the quarters, nickels, and dimes, and if there's not a paper trail for why the denominations changed, someone's going to hear about it.

What do you think is behind that?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
One of my employees went to my bank to deposit funds into my business account and also to get $100 in change to take back to the store.
100 bucks.

Probably heavily influenced by strict money laundering and compliance regulations.

I once went into a bank of america trying to withdrawl 5k and got asked all kinds of questions the they lied and said they didnt have the money and had to order it. Was probably reported to the irs in the meantime.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Reddit ads are usually slammed with copypastas and rubbish comments, as the Redditors hate ads in general.

A few days ago, I kept seeing this duck picture pop up...
Turns out it was an ad with a link to an App game download, but the game maker made such a surprisingly outlandish ad because of a Reddit comment...

Needless to say, the Redditors’ response became a lot more positive...

Link: This ad is the result of following some random internet advice. : fumbgames

Not sure whether it’s pure genius, luck, or whatever...I got to give credit to the gamemaker

Attachments

• B2329B9F-9B6A-4141-9434-9FFA6F221A8A.png
    B2329B9F-9B6A-4141-9434-9FFA6F221A8A.png
    805 KB · Views: 2

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
I'm re-reading TMF right now and feel like MJ and I are on a roadtrip.

He's sharing his story while driving the car and I'm quietly listening to him in the passenger seat absorbing everything he has to say.

Weird feel but good feel.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Uncut Gems is the best film I've seen in a long time.

It was produced by Martin Scorsese, directed by the Safdie Brothers and starring Adam Sandler. That sould give you an idea of the insane ride you're in for. There's a lot of talk about Sandler poibly winning an OScor for his role. It's a really crazy flick.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfJp2Ts9X8

(Review, Metacritic)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.