The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
An airplane needs to know it's airspeed to take-off, fly, and land. They use a Pitot tube to determine their airspeed.

1702663764798.jpeg

Insects, usually wasps, like to build nests in Pitot tubes, preventing them from working normally. Pitot tube covers are used to protect the Pitot tubes on the ground, but must be taken off before flight.

1702663728910.jpeg

A lot of people have died because pilots forgot to remove the Pitot tube covers before they took-off in the airplanes. Pitot tubes are so important, airliners usually have several. In 2018, a Malaysia Airlines Airbus A330 took-off with all 3 of it's Pitot tubes still covered, but was able to make a safe landing.

maxresdefault.jpg
4F8B201A00000578-6116581-The_aircraft_still_had_covers_on_its_air_speed_indicators_pictur-a-13_1535672589836.jpg

Someone should invent, or patent, a cover for Pitot tubes that either disintegrates or comes off at take-off speed. It would be strong enough to stop a wasp, but not strong enough to remain attached when traveling at 100mph or faster. This would solve the problem of the Pitot tube covers being too durable.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 134 video.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Wow...is it me, or has ChatGPT's speed went into the gutter?

I use ChatGPT for some quick content ideas or editing quite often now. And to see what should be the century's craze choke and sputter to even answer some simple queries that used to get lightning-speed answers in seconds...gets me into a rage for some reasons.

I might as well do all the F*cking work myself, with the AI sitting in my cranium.

Thing is, even PAYING users are facing this, especially after the ChatGPT coup drama and the 'Turbo' upgrade (what kind of upgrade is that even):

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/17v2wmk View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/17v2wmk/chatgpt4_is_extremely_slow/

This is not the only thread.

Tons of angry folks who just want their monies back, especially when they tied their entire workflows into the AI.

Commandment of Control, folks.
(I'm talking to the copywriters who pray to the AI gods to get them pass their next deadline)

For the more AI-minded folks who worry if ChatGPT is gonna eat everything up, just go ahead and do your projects.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Popular Quora topics like these which give people crazy ideas is why I absolutely refuse to take part in any real estate investments other than those managed completely by others (REITS).

1702829967339.png

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow...is it me, or has ChatGPT's speed went into the gutter?

OpenAI actually confirmed that responses have gotten "lazier" for some prompts.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I've been learning how to convert a Wordpress site to a SEO friendly Hugo site today. It's an awesome system, for making blogs and websites that don't need e-commerce/courses etc.

Wordpress has turned into a total ballache and I’m stoked to finally be free from it.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wanna get rich? Get a job at the post office.

After a few years, you should be able to tap into this boondoggle.

$62B in salaries and benefits.

1702840925602.png

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Who can read this? Pretty cool what our brains can do with no effort:
IMG_2416.jpeg

And then there is this guy:

IIMG_2415.jpeg

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Wanna get rich? Get a job at the post office.

The only reason I can think of why the US Postal service exists is because of the legal and court system. Gotta get those divorce papers, bankruptcy forms and summary judgments in. LOL

Other than that , it’s just a big waste but it’s on purpose and intentional. Everything happening in America(even dumb and bad things) is intentional. LOL

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just saw Zakk Sabbath. It's Zakk Wylde using old black sabbath covers as an excuse to play non stop guitar solos. It was awesome.

16 year old me would have died and gone to heaven. I used to have Zakk Wylde posters all over my room, and I saw him play with Ozzy no less than 3 times. Zakk went up the stairs to the balcony where we were and played a 5 minute guitar solo about 10 feet away from me. It was absolutely bonkers.

What a very cool night.

David4431

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 25, 2014
I guess this really more of a PSA. I caught Covid last week and whatever this new variant is, it is no joke. I had the most massive headache last night, I was worried that a blood vessel had burst in my head and I would need to go to the ER. I also need to constantly be taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) about every 4 hours or my ribcage would experience these jolts of electric pain. My back also hurts as well.

I'm pretty sure that I caught Covid back in 2020 and to be honest it felt pretty mild to me back then. Just some shortness of breath, coughing and some minor pain in the back. Very different from the symptoms I'm experiencing today. I got 2 doses of the vaccine and a booster a couple of years ago but I haven't gotten a booster shot recently. I figured that I am relatively young and healthy so I can fight it off if it's anything like what I got in 2020. It's been a very unpleasant week and I wish I had gotten a booster to at least reduce some of these symptoms.

Anyway, figured I'd share that the new Covid variant is not pleasant at all.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Reminder:

People that process payments for you can freeze you and there is nothing you can do about it. PayPal has got some crutial money I need on hold.

I feel like a kid being given an allowance.

1702901427518.png

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Someone just asked me about how and why I found a coach to work with in my industry - here's my response:

I simply hired the guy I was working for as a coach.

I saw an opportunity to get in because his coaching program is brand spanking new and I was able to get in where there is 1 on 1 coaching and I got it for half price in exchange for helping him record a show. My results are the driving force of the coaching program's success, so that's why I was intrigued.

I could have stayed 2x and just kept doing real estate acquisitions for him making $2.5-$4k a deal, which is not bad. But if I wanted to go 10X and make 100k per month I knew I would need a different strategy (i am not making 100k per month yet, but you understand the logic).

It's just as much effort, just a different way of looking at things. Same thing in residential real estate. I know that if I want to play in the big leagues and make hundreds of thousands or millions on deals, residential wholesaling may not be the way.

I will need to learn the game at a higher level, which is commercial real estate. I'm expecting it to have the same difficulty level as residential real estate, just playing with bigger numbers and using different terms and strategies to do things.

Another 10X would be that instead of wholesaling, it's commercial private equity. It's likely not necessarily "harder", it's just that you need to learn the game at a different level.

Sure, I got into real estate 5-6 months ago, but what good is continuing to learn the game at a small level going to lead me to? Not where I want to go.

Peter Thiel said "Look at your 10-year goal, now ask yourself why you can't achieve it in 6 months"

Last edited:

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
I just saw Zakk Sabbath. It's Zakk Wylde using old black sabbath covers as an excuse to play non stop guitar solos. It was awesome.

16 year old me would have died and gone to heaven. I used to have Zakk Wylde posters all over my room, and I saw him play with Ozzy no less than 3 times. Zakk went up the stairs to the balcony where we were and played a 5 minute guitar solo about 10 feet away from me. It was absolutely bonkers.

What a very cool night.

You might try to see a Pantera show. I saw them with Metallica.

Some people can't let go of the fact that Dime and Vinnie are gone. When I saw them, Zakk, Charlie, Rex and Phil played well no matter what the keyboard warriors say.

Here are some upcoming shows: Tour Dates – Pantera

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Popular Quora topics like these which give people crazy ideas is why I absolutely refuse to take part in any real estate investments other than those managed completely by others (REITS).

View attachment 53038
In Eastern Europe, you have to take them out with the baseball bat many times...

I know many horror stories, owners that are having ongoing court cases with their tenants for 3+ years and they don't want to leave, they're not paying any of the utilities or costs, etc. We're talking about costs that sum up to $10,000/year that the owner has to pay from their own pocket, without being paid a cent. Sometimes they shut off their gas or electricity, and they just fake the owner's signature or use some other subterfuge to open a new contract, with a new provider.

Personally in these situations, I am a fan of the bat, regardless of the court case that follows. You're going to have a court case anyway, might as well have one because you forced them out of the property. But not everyone heeds my advice :rofl:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

View attachment 53038
The only thing I read is: “How do I tell my landlord I’m not paying my fees because I’m an entitled piece of shit?”

Hey, atleast the comments have some common sense and know when someone’s just being a A hole

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
You might try to see a Pantera show. I saw them with Metallica.

Some people can't let go of the fact that Dime and Vinnie are gone. When I saw them, Zakk, Charlie, Rex and Phil played well no matter what the keyboard warriors say.

Here are some upcoming shows: Tour Dates – Pantera
I saw that! Metallica and Pantera would be awesome. Zakk was literally best friends with Dimebag, so it is fitting he does this.

Here is a photo of Zakk crashing through the crowd while playing a guitar solo behind his head. I got a video of most of it as I had no idea he was even going to do this, it ended up being absolutely epic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-114009.png
    Screenshot_20231218-114009.png
    908.7 KB · Views: 11

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have a hunch that people who buy that stupid "founders card" I see advertised everywhere are to actual founders what yelp reviewers are to actual food critics. :rofl:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I have a hunch that people who buy that stupid "founders card" I see advertised everywhere are to actual founders what yelp reviewers are to actual food critics. :rofl:
It’s their second purchase after buying business cards that say ceo on them

Founders card should buy vistaprints email list

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Maybe I should buy it haha.

@MTF This one is pretty interesting. A free HTML editor making money by google adsense. All these boring businesses look like the are SAAS web based.

A lot of very simple businesses you'd say wouldn't work yet they make way more than all the sexy ideas.

There are also some simple digital products, not just SaaS.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.