The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
With no intention to start a debate on world politics, it is not hard to see that the world is drifting towards using more of organised violence to settle disputes.

AI + drones will be the new faces of modern warfare. Tanks are becoming more of a liabilities than assets.

I will be surprised if fuel prices remained at current level for the next 3 months given the turmoil in middle east.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I like creative ads. Do you have any favourites?

I've always had a soft spot for this advert, even though I've never owned a VW:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDgrnP-f8VY

To put this in some context, I think that this advert was made in 2001, but it still springs to my mind immediately whenever someone asks "Can you think of an example of good advertising?". Because it is very funny, but also makes a powerful point about the product that is being promoted.

Edit2: Just in case anyone doesn't get this advert, the green pump in the UK is for unleaded. So the father has just mis-fueled his car, because his car is a diesel - that is what is being advertised. But it is also implied that he has done it more than once for his daughter to pick up on the meaning of the word and its usage. When this advert was being made, diesel cars had a reputation for being noisier and less comfortable than petrol cars and it is this point that is being targeted by the advertisers - In my opinion, brilliantly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
I had the same idea last year. I had my whole backend infrastructure planned out to allow a PPV platform for smaller events.

I was going to use Angular & Springboot to design and build the platform. For payments I would integrate Stripe Connected Express Accounts to allow users to signup, post livestreams and get paid directly into their bank accounts (after a 12% platform fee was automatically sent to me).

I would have used vimeo for secure, private livestreams.

You could even link up with a livestream production crew to offer promotors both livestreaming capabilities and a secure PPV platform to host it on.
Yup. The technology exists. No doubt. It's not like sending people to Mars.

But the question that I am trying to figure out is whether these untapped markets remain untapped due to good or bad reasons?

The situation is not due to unavailable nor expensive technology.

Why do teenagers target rich neighborhoods to clean windows? Huge profit. Okay. Why not middle-income neighborhoods? Because it's not worth it?

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
To put this in some context, I think that this advert was made in 2001, but it still springs to my mind immediately whenever someone asks "Can you think of an example of good advertising?". Because it is very funny, but also makes a powerful point about the product that is being promoted.

There's a lot of VW adverts floating around that I'm not sure are real ads, some are made by aspiring ad-makers as showreel productions and "happen" to get out into the public domain. The one that caught my eye was arguably a bit sick (even though it's funny to me) featuring a car bomb in a VW Polo so I won't paste it here, but it's easy to find on Youtube.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What is it with people that show up to a restaurant and grow some kind of superiority complex and treat servers like crap?

I always make it a point to thank my server every time they come to the table and do something.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Here’s another quality ad. :) IMG_9914.jpeg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
What is it with people that show up to a restaurant and grow some kind of superiority complex and treat servers like crap?

I always make it a point to thank my server every time they come to the table and do something.

why do you expect an a**hole to be different when they are at a restaurant than anywhere else? ;)

But I digress... I hear a story there, do share!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

It’s with everything. Let it be a bus driver, waitress/waiter, secretary, cashier, and many more.

People think because your paying them, your superior to them.

Recently, I took the bus home. And there was 5 people on there.

One guy jumps up and yells

“HEY, OPEN THE DOORS LET ME OUT.”

And he goes up to the driver, bangs on the plexi-glass and shouts.

The bus remains moving because of traffic, and then he tries to push the doors open while it’s moving.

Then, he marches back, and demands and “transfer” (basically where they get a ticket so they can get back on the next bus for free)

And the driver says no, then the guy swears and cusses, calling him slurs.

The driver finally pulls over and the guy storms off.

I begin to wonder if some people know about manners.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
My brother in law is an auto electrician and he only has the absolute worst things to say about how cheaply made Ford's are.

I'd buy a Ford before buying a BMW that's going to catch on fire at any moment though lol.

All of you guys are being mean to Ford. My Focus worked fantastic until the transmission died beyond repair at 101k miles....

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Do you automatically have more fear about attempting a business in the subject that you have a high amount of respect for?

I don't know if I'm wording that correctly..

Ugh

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My wife says that there's a super popular author named Rachael Hollis and basically, like clockwork, everyone that reads her book becomes an irritating child that takes no responsibility, ever.

And it's like 5 in a row people that "recommend" this idiot's book.

Wow.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
All of you guys are being mean to Ford. My Focus worked fantastic until the transmission died beyond repair at 101k miles....
101k miles is nothing.

I put ~100k on a vehicle every 3 years.

The same year competitive Toyotas and Hondas are still driving around fine past 200k.

If a beautiful Lexus LX600 lasts 2-3x longer than a Mercedes GLS, Range Rover, or BMW X7... It's at least half the price. I like the new Land Cruiser quite a bit.

Last edited:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Do you automatically have more fear about attempting a business in the subject that you have a high amount of respect for?

I don't know if I'm wording that correctly..

Ugh
Fear of what? Do you think you wouldn't be competitive?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My wife says that there's a super popular author named Rachael Hollis and basically, like clockwork, everyone that reads her book becomes an irritating child that takes no responsibility, ever.

And it's like 5 in a row people that "recommend" this idiot's book.

Wow.

Interesting, looks like she teaches the opposite.

Apparently she's been subject to cancellation.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Meanwhile, on Facebook:

1696978752085.png

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
101k miles is nothing.

I put ~100k on a vehicle every 3 years.

The same year competitive Toyotas and Hondas are still driving around fine past 200k.

If a beautiful Lexus LX600 lasts 2-3x longer than a Mercedes GLS, Range Rover, or BMW X7... It's at least half the price. I like the new Land Cruiser quite a bit.
I don't think I'll ever buy anything except for Japanese or Korean like Hyundai for something as a daily driver. I know tradesmen with Hyundai vans that say they are the best they've ever come across, and my mechanic rates their cars as super reliable. I would add Suzuki cars along with Honda and Toyota (although Toyota is by far still the best).

I've had a little Suzuki work car that I absolutely caned and even at 150k in miles all it did is scream at me for more punishment :rofl:

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

It depends though. Did they undercook the fish? Overcook the chicken? Straight to jail...

My best mate works in a kitchen and has been a server before and he is often a bit of a prick to servers lol, but he gets away with it because they all have some weird language and vibe together I don't understand. It's uncomfortable for me though.

I've heard a story before of either a boss running an interview at a restaurant or having some kind of meeting with an employee there to see how they interact with the staff as their test. I like this idea.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
My business coach has just started doing "immersives" where she will fly into a coaching client's town for a week and in addition to being behind the scenes with the owners, will do a few days as an undercover boss with their staff, pretending to be a newbie cleaner.

I'm not at that level yet, it's more for a commercial or residential cleaning biz doing 1 to 2 million revenue and with at least 10 to 15 staff, but the results and improvements are huge. I was lucky enough to kinda be like a fly on the wall as it was in my city. It was filmed too actually, so that should be interesting.

The owners reckon it was the best 10k they've ever spent in their life. Actually in USD it's probably only like 7k.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
6-Minute Entrepreneur Quiz: Entrepreneur Quiz: What's your entrepreneur type?

"Can anyone be an entrepreneur? Definitely. Here is a caveat: one of the most important factors in succeeding in business is whether the type of and scale of business you want to run fits your entrepreneur type that is based on your personality traits."

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Fear of what? Do you think you wouldn't be competitive?
I don't know. I can't figure out what the fear is exactly. I don't feel afraid or upset or even bothered. I feel nothing. It's ludicrous for me to even try (at this particular thing) because I know so many examples of people doing a much better job than I could ever do. I've never even tried.

But somebody legit just hired me to try for a tiny amount, right? And suddenly I want to clear my entire schedule to make this thing. My reaction to getting an order seems inordinately unbalanced with my supposed uncaring.

Basically I don't know what I'm feeling, which is weird.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
I don't know. I can't figure out what the fear is exactly. I don't feel afraid or upset or even bothered. I feel nothing. It's ludicrous for me to even try (at this particular thing) because I know so many examples of people doing a much better job than I could ever do. I've never even tried.

But somebody legit just hired me to try for a tiny amount, right? And suddenly I want to clear my entire schedule to make this thing. My reaction to getting an order seems inordinately unbalanced with my supposed uncaring.

Basically I don't know what I'm feeling, which is weird.
correct me if I am wrong but I think you're afraid to fail

Ayush6543

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 2, 2021
I saw a post on here earlier about stretching and how it improves sleep quality.

I used to take like an hour to fall asleep, because I just kept tossing and turning and still had extra energy.

I started exercising for about an hour and a half, and meditating for 10 minutes, which lowered it down to 30 minutes

But my quality of sleep wasn’t that good, I still was awake for an hour and a half (waking up in the middle of the night)

I realized I’d wake up because my muscles were so tense.

I was averaging 7 hours and 40 minutes of sleep.

I started stretching for 10 minutes, and meditating for ten minutes combined (godsend combo)

I’d fall asleep in about 20 minutes, sometimes 15 or even 10 minutes.

My new sleep average is about 8 hours and 20 minutes, today I got 8 hours and 40 minutes.

Which is equal to about 100% ROI on sleep, 400-600% ROI on time taken to fall asleep.

Which in my world, could translate to easily a 1500% return on working, focus, attitude, decision making and gym performance
Do u stretch and meditate before bedtime?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
correct me if I am wrong but I think you're afraid to fail
Huh. I thought it would be more of a trembly shaking feeling not a solid wall of nothingness feeling?

How do I get rid of it? Lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.