The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Only read this one but it was pretty thought-provoking stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Freedom:

An acquaintance of mine, Ed, was a refugee from one of the former USSR satellite countries. I asked him how he got permission to leave his country. He laughed and told me he and his friend were walking down the road near the border. They decided to make a run for the border. Ed said he made it across the border, his friend wasn’t so lucky.

A few weeks after our conversation Ed’s home country declared their independence from the USSR. I asked Ed what his countrymen would do with their newfound freedom. Ed stated that they would not appreciate what freedom really is. He went on to further state: “freedom means you have the freedom to starve.” In freedom the government will give you nothing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Spending my Saturday night reading this dudes blog posts

“The problem is that "looking for evidence" before acting or non-acting is personally and socially dangerous. In nearly all circumstances, our intuition (crafted by millions of years of evolution) or social norms (which keep us to established safe routes) are much better guides to life than the scientific consensus, despite them being "irrational" (and sorry, religion is part of this too). When someone guzzles down some newly fabricated energy drink or gallons of soda, they're nearly certainly damaging their bodies in ways science does not yet understand. Don't wait 40 years for some longitudinal peer-reviewed study to prove that eating plastic is bad for you. Trust your instincts before you give credence to some YouTuber who says inane things like "There's no evidence that..."”

Interesting and thought provoking.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
These things are popular in my neighborhood...

However I wonder if the deaths are due to the device.

I can't recall ever seeing a rider on one of these who wasn't simultaneously scrolling on his phone while navigating street traffic. It's another feather in the cap of my belief that humanity won't survive the next 50 years.

1696255577550.png

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

I can't recall ever seeing a rider on one of these who wasn't simultaneously scrolling on his phone while navigating street traffic. It's another feather in the cap of my belief that humanity won't survive the next 50 years.

View attachment 51651
Humanity has survived millenia of natural selection, this won't be any different :rofl:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Next week we have a nationwide practice day for digital school. Basically, we return to covid for a day.

Seems like the forces at hand are planning something again...

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Having a kid is like time travel.

Yesterday we had the kid - and today it is four months later.

It has gone so fast but I will try be more active now.

Hope you are all well!
Congrats man! It truly is an honor being a father.

I have my second coming in a little over a month.

Might I suggest a new forum handle perhaps?

KakhiDad and FoxyDad do have a certain ring to them! :rofl:

Congrats again, @Fox :party:

3 digit forum handles are so 2014.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Might I suggest a new forum handle perhaps?

KakhiDad and FoxyDad do have a certain ring to them! :rofl:

Congrats again, @Fox :party:

3 digit forum handles are so 2014.
It's vintage now.

My FLF handle is older than most members here these days.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
It's vintage now.

My FLF handle is older than most members here these days.

@BizyDad, MJ has quoted @Kak in "Unscripted ". So I don't think that Kyle can change his handle, now that it is famous.

(In my Kindle edition, the quote is on Page 291, note 101.) In the notes at the back it explicitly states that the quote is from forum user "Kak".

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@BizyDad, MJ has quoted @Kak in "Unscripted ". So I don't think that Kyle can change his handle, now that it is famous.

(In my Kindle edition, the quote is on Page 291, note 101.) In the notes at the back it explicitly states that the quote is from forum user "Kak".
I'm in GRRE too, but as myself. :cool:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

View attachment 51651
I see a lot of these here as well. You know what I don't see with them? A helmet on the riders head. I guess you are too cool for safety gear when riding with one wheel.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Something I’ve noticed, I can never seem to get a call back, for anything I’ve done.

I’ve gone out and handed out/ door knocked around 125 times combined between both my attempts.

I’ve gotten 1 call back, and 0 appointments.

I know I need to get more data,

but if anyone has books on advice about selling, please tell me.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
Something I’ve noticed, I can never seem to get a call back, for anything I’ve done.

I’ve gone out and handed out/ door knocked around 125 times combined between both my attempts.

Try 1250 times

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

read the book Ca$hvertising

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
A man tries to break a wall with a plastic fork 125 times and it doesn’t work.

Instead of improving the weapon, he decides to hit it 1000 more times
Don't do the exact same thing the whole time of course

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
386445536_1046193196806428_634214412005353487_n.png

Thought this was interesting how people become happier when they're older but not everywhere.

Russia looks like an awful place to live. The older you get, the less happy you are and you die the unhappiest you've been in your life.

I find it comforting that most people feel the happiest when they're older. It sounds conflicting but perhaps once the need to fight for status, ego, beauty, etc. goes away, you can just focus on enjoying yourself (and it looks like even health issues at old age don't affect happiness as much as you'd expect).

Note that this is data from 2010-2012. It could be different now, but new research shows a similar thing.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
View attachment 51663

Thought this was interesting how people become happier when they're older but not everywhere.

Russia looks like an awful place to live. The older you get, the less happy you are and you die the unhappiest you've been in your life.

I find it comforting that most people feel the happiest when they're older. It sounds conflicting but perhaps once the need to fight for status, ego, beauty, etc. goes away, you can just focus on enjoying yourself (and it looks like even health issues at old age don't affect happiness as much as you'd expect).

Note that this is data from 2010-2012. It could be different now, but new research shows a similar thing.
Older people tend to own more real estates and of course, start to draw money out from pensions.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Anyone know how to block spam callers? I mean, I know AFTER they call you but what about how to prevent them in the first place?

Anything would be nice.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 51663

According to this, life expectancy is "off the charts" in Latin America too. :rofl:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021

View attachment 51651
In terms of death or greivous injury it was never just the idle scroller meets semi for me; it was wondering what happens when a shoelace or a baggy pant-end gets caught in the wheel as you're going 35mph down hill.
I would honestly rather ride a chinese-made motorcycle across the summertime mojave in nothing but a banana hammock on bald tires before I'd touch one of those boards.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I don't get it.

On multiple separate ocassions, I recently wanted to spend with various people/businesses between $1,000-5,000 (renting an Airbnb, getting freediving coaching, hiring a marketing agency).

Yet, most of them either don't reply at all when I message them (through different means; one didn't even respond despite me being referred by his friend) or they take days to respond.

What's going on? I'm basically reaching out with money in my hand and they fail to take it because they can't respond timely (if at all) to my inquiry (which usually contains one or two questions; I don't send long stories).

I have a rule to never work with anyone who's unable to do such a simple task. If their communication is so poor before taking any money, it has to be even worse once they get it.

What causes that? Do these people just have too much money, terrible processes, lazy employees or what?

Conversely, I quickly decide to work with people who reply quickly and thoroughly. Thankfully, I was able to find such people (and they're awesome to work with) but it looks like they're a minority.

Why be in business if you don't even respond to clients ready to spend money with you?
Had the same happening already 2-3 years ago.

Nobody wants to work anymore. Not gonna rant but when I see the coming generations we gonna have in hospitals, engineering companies, etc...I am really worried about the western world.

AI is a blessing.

-------------------------------------------------

I went to watch "The Creator" and it was abominable. Dont go watch that movie.

-------------------------------------------------

Stretching for minimum 10 min just before bed enables you to double, if not triple the quality of your sleep.

It is not easy to do (like most things that aren't easy) but it is worth it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I went to watch "The Creator" and it was abominable. Dont go watch that movie.

Let me guess, an agenda driven propaganda machine masquerading as a movie?

I thought it looked interesting and visually tempting, but after all the promotion I see for it, it leaves me skeptical.

Kinda like the plumber who advertises 100X a day on the radio, 365 times a year. Nope, Ill pass.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Well, happiness is a lifelong journey.

For me, the first 20 years of my life were the most lonely and painful. Then sometime around the age of 21 something began to awaken in me. I could simulate my reaction to any stimulus response and see my own mind and the world from a Birdseye view. It was insane. It was as if I relinquished the driver seat and "something" else took over. I could feel unconditional love for everything.

I guess if you long for something for so long and search so much you'll find it.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
Let me guess, an agenda driven propaganda machine masquerading as a movie?

I thought it looked interesting and visually tempting, but after all the promotion I see for it, it leaves me skeptical.

Kinda like the plumber who advertises 100X a day on the radio, 365 times a year. Nope, Ill pass.
The mean Americans are hunting the nice and innocent AI robots in New Asia, who, for some reason, all look Asians too.

Pro-AI woke writers revisit the Vietnam War.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.