The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I always wondered why there are no gyms in airports. Or ‘nap rooms’. I’d pay $10/hr for a bed in the airport instead of laying on the ground using my backpack as a pillow.

As someone who travels and sleeps a lot..

Id pay like 20 bucks a hour if it meant desperate needs.

Maybe you can do a membership thing where it’s 15 bucks an hour if you dont have a membership/reservation.

Or you can reserve ahead for a little more, or have a membership for less a hour.

Introducing..

Sleed Pro ™

Ever tired of having to use your rock hard backpack and the dirty floor as a bed in order to take a nap at the airport?

Well, that’s where sleed comes into play, find us in your local airport, and you’d be out within a few moments, there’s no dirty floor, and certainly no ceiling on how good your experience will be!

You can spend 15 bucks an hour, taking naps in cleaned, tidy pods that will have time passing by with a quick Power Nap!

Or you can reserve ahead for 17 bucks an hour, so you can nap stress free knowing you did the right thing, at the right time.

Or you can get Sleed Pro™ , and pay $9.99 a month, or $99.99 a year,

And only have to pay 5 bucks an hour!

You also get access to our complementary services for water, tea, coffee and headphones!

This is a great deal! Don’t sleep on it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I went to the movies yesterday.

We went to watch the movie strays (10/10 highly suggest)

Observation?

It was almost empty, us, and some old retired people who have time on their hands.

We could have sit wherever we wanted, whenever we wanted, however we wanted.

We’ve done this a lot, I always thought it’s cause no one wanted to watch the movie.

But I soon realized it’s because everyone was stuck at work, on the week days.

If we went during the weekend?

Oh boy, there would have been kids screaming, running around, jam packed and sounds of munching.

All you would be able to hear was chatter, all you could see was these figures and phone screen lights, all you can smell was body odor and butter.

Overall though, great movie, would recommend if you want something to laugh at.

That shit moved me to tears at some points though.

Funny observation of mine I wanted to share.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I went to the movies yesterday.

We went to watch the movie strays (10/10 highly suggest)

Observation?

It was almost empty, us, and some old retired people who have time on their hands.

We could have sit wherever we wanted, whenever we wanted, however we wanted.

We’ve done this a lot, I always thought it’s cause no one wanted to watch the movie.

But I soon realized it’s because everyone was stuck at work, on the week days.

If we went during the weekend?

Oh boy, there would have been kids screaming, running around, jam packed and sounds of munching.

All you would be able to hear was chatter, all you could see was these figures and phone screen lights, all you can smell was body odor and butter.

Overall though, great movie, would recommend if you want something to laugh at.

That shit moved me to tears at some points though.

Funny observation of mine I wanted to share.
yea, I do much in the week, where I observe the same. Most people only live 2 days a week.
Changing that should be a target.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jul 30, 2019
I might be taking an habit of posting visuals on this thread, but only when they are related to business and Fastlane mindset

You can easily replace happiness by business
1692991193654.png

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I might be taking an habit of posting visuals on this thread, but only when they are related to business and Fastlane mindset

You can easily replace happiness by business
View attachment 50975

Thanks, reposted here...

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jan 17, 2023
As I don't want to meme MJs awesome guide about aspiring teenage fastlaners GOLD! - IMPORTANT! - The definitive Fastlane guide for teenagers... I'm going to write that here:

I'm a millenial and it's quite crazy what's going on nowadays with Gen Z. Most likely any generation beyond us said that about the generation above them, but anyways... There was one post a while ago, that made me question my contribution to this forum quite a bit...

But then again, I don't even blame them. If they learn from world-class business & personal finance experts like her, no wonder:

View attachment ssstwitter.com_1693040685094.mp4

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
349%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I've been at a cold calling job for a week now in real estate.

Know what I noticed?

The fear that I've had of picking up the phone to make sh*t happen, that I've had since I was a child, is freaking GONE.

I no longer have a fear of picking up the phone and calling someone and getting rejected.

I am running a small company right now with a small team providing a service, and this sales job has given me the confidence to not be afraid to call any lead.

Let's GO!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
As I don't want to meme MJs awesome guide about aspiring teenage fastlaners GOLD! - IMPORTANT! - The definitive Fastlane guide for teenagers... I'm going to write that here:

I'm a millenial and it's quite crazy what's going on nowadays with Gen Z. Most likely any generation beyond us said that about the generation above them, but anyways... There was one post a while ago, that made me question my contribution to this forum quite a bit...

But then again, I don't even blame them. If they learn from world-class business & personal finance experts like her, no wonder:

View attachment 50984
I had searched it up to show my sister, and this person said it’s true.
View: https://youtu.be/-UJ_W4fP1Q4

Atleast he has some common sense and realized that getting a stock that yields almost 600% a year are impossible.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I've been at a cold calling job for a week now in real estate.

Know what I noticed?

The fear that I've had of picking up the phone to make sh*t happen, that I've had since I was a child, is freaking GONE.

I no longer have a fear of picking up the phone and calling someone and getting rejected.

I am running a small company right now with a small team providing a service, and this sales job has given me the confidence to not be afraid to call any lead.

Let's GO!

Yeah, once you become aware you're calling to make a positive difference in those people's lives. It's actually noble in a way.

I only had that fear when I was broke. I knew I had to add value but I was also focused on, well, not being broke. Rejection was a very real threat because that meant I would still be broke and in debt.

It was tough to balance between the two. And now it doesn't matter anymore.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Yaya. Another Amway scam at Barnes and Noble. This time from an 18-year-old, so sad. Tried to tell him about TMF . He declined. 12 years will be going to waste.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Yaya. Another Amway scam at Barnes and Noble. This time from an 18-year-old, so sad. Tried to tell him about TMF . He declined. 12 years will be going to waste.
Is this a USA thing? I have never been harassed at a book store by some MLM zombie up in Canada.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Is this a USA thing? I have never been harassed at a book store by some MLM zombie up in Canada.
Yes. I saw him reading "How To Influence and Win Friends" by Dale Carnegie. Barnes and Noble's is a hot spot for Amway people. This time it was an 18-year-old recruited by a couple that "Coach" others. It's brainwashing. It's super manipulative and sad... He has big goals and dreams to retire before the age of 30, but I told him he won't retire by then doing Amway.

I tried tell him about MJ's book and how it's not mainstream or in book retail stores, because of the truthful advice. I told him this wasn't my first encounter, he does pressure washing on the side. I told him best of luck to you and left.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
They're getting super popular with younger kids, assuming because of social media.
"Man, my favorite tiktok peeps are making passive income but I don't know how to start, what should I do?"
Then some @$$shat shows up on their feed feeding them lines about joining a "revenue network" and suddenly you're off to the races. They're young and don't know better, and neither do most of the immediate adults in their life. Naturally, they start piling into dropshipping courses, arbitrage hustles, or MLMs. Also hurts that they're young and have no domain experience and little skills to speak of, so they're drastically limited to what they can do like manual labor hustles unless they happen to invent something crazy and their parents help them license it (I've seen a couple of those on sharktank).

In June: An acquaintance brought a coworker to a biz event I go to, poor kid was barely 23, fresh out of college and managed to land a gig at a fortune 50 company with a great job. Kid made it barely 3 seconds after introductions before asking me how I saw my financial future, what I'm doing, and if I'd like to talk to his "mentor". I mentioned earlier in this thread on this interaction, but he started acting sketchy then sent me the riot act over text when I declined to sit for his MLM pressure pitch.

Checked in with acquaintance when I saw him again two weeks ago. The kid apparently quit his cush fortune 50 office job 2-3 weeks after the first event to do whatever the hell he does but he ended up making 0 dollars, had expensive rent and a BMW payment to cover, and had to get a low-paying spreadsheet jockey job and was texting anyone he knew at the first job, begging them to get him contact with his old manager and to get him re-hired.

Tragic situations like this are why I'm glad I have a cautious personality and have been tearing myself bare working mornings/nights/weekends around my dayjob to turn my freelancing into a living. The job sucks butts, makes me feel like @$$, but I'm not huffing hopium and making life-altering decisions without a solid revenue stream to back up that decision.

Last edited:

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
poor kid was barely 23, fresh out of college and managed to land a gig at a fortune 50 company with a great job.
I always had a bias towards someone who landed a great job with great salary. I thought these kinds of people will be on no-hit-list for scammers, and they won't bat an eye when they see a scammer from 10km away.

Maybe it's just psychological projection.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
My sister was just trying to find a YouTube video to watch.

Observation?

She saw a video with a really edited thumbnail, she found it appealing so she hovered on it.

They didn’t get to the point, the preview showed the logo and went to the advertising.

It was just a mess overall as the video was shown having weird lighting etc from the preview.

The other one wasn’t that heavily edited, she hovered over it and it showed everything immediately.

No logo or sponser of this video shit, straight to the point.

She decided to watch that video, but soon realized that it was too fast and unclear.

She went over to the third one which had a good thumbnail and a catchy title.

She clicked on it, it went straight to the point yet explained everything very thoroughly.

The difference?

The first one focused on the outside of getting clients, by luring them in, but couldn’t convert them..

The second one focused on the inside, but didn’t really do a good job at that.

The third one focused on both the inside, outside and just the overall quality, my sister now always watches that channel.

Lesson? Don’t neglect a certain part of your business,

and don’t underestimate first impressions.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia

View attachment 50984
Where's Tony Stark meme when you needed it the most?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I stand up for myself but I’m the baby. Okay, guy who’s twice my age and acts like a toddler. Again, don’t give a shit what you think of me
The chosen one has the thinnest skin of anyone I know. I remember when he left a Discord server I ran because someone disagreed with him LOL…

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
I understand why the chosen 1 deleted his account, this forum can be addictive when you're looking for status and validation.

However, he will 99% certain be back.

Under another name, maybe, but he will be back.

Edit: oh wow seems like it was a while ago and everyone moved on.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
When Neomorphic design started gaining popularity a few years ago, there was a rumor that Apple was going to adopt it. They ended up just tweaking their "flat" look, and Neomorphism sort of disappeared. I guess people wont use it now because it looks so different than the mainstream pc/mobile software. I still like it.

1693176441565.png 1693176483208.png
1693176559947.png 1693176624591.png

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Was finishing up my last set at the gym and everyone's phones went off at once for the hurricane storm surge warning.

Hoping it's not too bad but you never know with the forecasts until right before

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reminder, I think this was posted here somewhere...

The amount of time it takes a computer to crack a password...

1693240964966.png

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL, apparently Supermodel Jesus is very popular around here in the LDS community... :rofl:

1693248566368.png

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Posted to my YouTube/TikTok progress thread but thought some of you guys might like this:

Our son Conor (who's 12!) uploaded a YouTube short yesterday and it got 2.8k views this morning.

It's a Minecraft animation again.

We had a theory that the viewers like the fox and a bit of a story from the video two days ago. He was missing sound and captions so created the video in Blender, exported it, then imported into CapCut to add sound and captions.

He was disappointed the video the previous day had so few views... because he spent so much time on getting "Steve" to headbutt a cactus. Cue a lesson on it not being related to what HE likes.

Well done son!

The video: https://youtube.com/shorts/1vq8oZbsioA?feature=share

EDIT: Uh-oh... I just found out our 11 year old installed Blender yesterday.

1691051372952.png
He now wants to use Adobe Animate. Anyone here used that before?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I keep hearing about how on October 1st Student Loan Repayments will resume, and a lot of people will suddenly have to pay $400-$500 a month on their loans. The latest thing I heard was this will remove a lot of Air-BNB customers, causing Air-BNB investors to dump their rental houses, causing home prices to drop. Any business that primarily young people spend money on seems to be at risk.

I never thought the number of people taking college loans was that big, but maybe it is. Normally when I hear this much buzz about something, nothing happens, but it will be interesting to see. Anyone expecting loans repayments to be a big deal?

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Reminder, I think this was posted here somewhere...

The amount of time it takes a computer to crack a password...

View attachment 51034

For those of us more on the geek side, that table is based on MD5 hashing.

If you use bcrypt to store passwords (which you absolutely should), it looks better:
bcrypt.png

Here's the link to the original article for those who want more details:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
It's crazy that is objective working ways of loosing body fat, yet we still have an obesity epidemic. Mostly because of mountains of bad advice I would say. I'm really thinking on starting a weight loss app / website / media channels. How can there be a billion fitness influencers and we still are in this state of humanity ? When we know the fix and is not even THAT hard... ?! (done the right way)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.