The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This doesn't sound right.

"People working in moderately hot conditions for 10 hrs on average will lose between 4.8 and 6 g of sodium (Na) equivalent to 12–15 g of salt (NaCl) depending on acclimatisation."

Source: Sweat rate and sodium loss during work in the heat.

Seawater is 3.5% salt
Source: Seawater - Wikipedia

So one litre of sea water has roughly 35g of salt. In a 1/4 mix as recommended, that's roughly 8g of salt per litre of water. It would take about 15 hours of physical labour to sweat out that much.

I'm sure @Kak plays a hard game of golf, but no way does he need that much salt. It would only dehydrate him further, causing him to drink more and probably end up feeling terrible for it (saying that, maybe no worse than drinking 10 gator aids :rofl:).

The sea may have had the minerals necessary for proto-life, but man is a bit more complex than that, and getting the right minerals from seawater would require insane amounts of salt. Not to mention sea water has a distinct lack of proteins and fats.

And I suspect the benefits of swimming in the sea are mainly from the cold exposure.

Chilled filtered water is probably the best thing for a hard day of golf!
And here I was going to take a quick boat ride to the blue water with a bunch of jugs. :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

In preparation for the launch of this new meat product… I would also add a suppressed Glock and a high quality hatchet to this list.

IMG_9783.jpeg

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Cautionary tale for product inventors...

1) Don't let your Chinese vendor convince you that your invention isn't patent infringing, they don't care.

2) If you receive a cease-and-desist complaint of potential infringement, it's best not to totally ignore it and hope it goes away.

I have no knowledge or experience with patents or law. But it looks like the defendants didn't have very good attorneys or maybe just didn't care. A summary judgement and a bench trial? No jury trial? It looks like maybe the Judge lost his patience with the defendants.

I do believe the Patent system in America to be broken. Run by academia trained patent examiners and language-twisting attorneys. I mean... the designs of the curtain rings in the photo do not look alike. Although I do understand this gets very technical.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

In preparation for the launch of this new meat product… I would also add a suppressed Glock and a high quality hatchet to this list.

View attachment 49510
Isn't it funny how accurate this is to real life without actual zombies? You should already be well equipped for defense and survivability, and avoiding urban areas is good for one's sanity, zombies or no zombies (perhaps metaphorical zombies).

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
Cautionary tale for product inventors...

1) Don't let your Chinese vendor convince you that your invention isn't patent infringing, they don't care.

2) If you receive a cease-and-desist complaint of potential infringement, it's best not to totally ignore it and hope it goes away.

Legal is part of the process. Don’t skip it I guess.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
The enormous amount of people celebrating on Twitter is disgusting simply because all of the victims are, you know, evil rich people.

I always thought this was because the water is usually dozens of degrees lower than your body temperature, giving swimmers a "cold water plunge" effect.
The cold totally ads up to the feel good for sure.

But there is also another thing, there is a recommended way to eliminate toxins from the body, that is to fill your bath-tub with bathing salts, and what it does is that by reverse osmosis the toxins pass through your skin pores into the salty water.

Even if you google it says bathing in salts has anti inflamatory and anti pain effects:

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-21 a la(s) 17.31.12.png

So I believe it's a combination of the cold + toxins leave your body + minerals go into your body through your pores (in the case of the sea, idk so much about bathing salt's content).
Usually the people on vacation over eat and don't exercise at all and they still feel great, I think this is why.

Also there are many testimonies of people helping their condition drinking sea water, anecdotal evidence favors Rene Quinton's work and thesis.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The cold totally ads up to the feel good for sure.

But there is also another thing, there is a recommended way to eliminate toxins from the body, that is to fill your bath-tub with bathing salts, and what it does is that by reverse osmosis the toxins pass through your skin pores into the salty water.

Even if you google it says bathing in salts has anti inflamatory and anti pain effects:

View attachment 49511

So I believe it's a combination of the cold + toxins leave your body + minerals go into your body through your pores (in the case of the sea, idk so much about bathing salt's content).
Usually the people on vacation over eat and don't exercise at all and they still feel great, I think this is why.

Also there are many testimonies of people helping their condition drinking sea water, anecdotal evidence favors Rene Quinton's work and thesis.
Time to eat some bath salts?

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
This doesn't sound right.

"People working in moderately hot conditions for 10 hrs on average will lose between 4.8 and 6 g of sodium (Na) equivalent to 12–15 g of salt (NaCl) depending on acclimatisation."

Source: Sweat rate and sodium loss during work in the heat.

Seawater is 3.5% salt
Source: Seawater - Wikipedia

So one litre of sea water has roughly 35g of salt. In a 1/4 mix as recommended, that's roughly 8g of salt per litre of water. It would take about 15 hours of physical labour to sweat out that much.

I'm sure @Kak plays a hard game of golf, but no way does he need that much salt. It would only dehydrate him further, causing him to drink more and probably end up feeling terrible for it (saying that, maybe no worse than drinking 10 gator aids :rofl:).

The sea may have had the minerals necessary for proto-life, but man is a bit more complex than that, and getting the right minerals from seawater would require insane amounts of salt. Not to mention sea water has a distinct lack of proteins and fats.

And I suspect the benefits of swimming in the sea are mainly from the cold exposure.

Chilled filtered water is probably the best thing for a hard day of golf!

Good question. So from your link it says 3.5% "predominantly" Sodium.

So first that 8g of sea water salt it's not all sodium but also magnesium, boron, and many other elements.

Second it says in your link that in 10 hours working in the hot you can loose even 15g of pure Sodium. So 8g of sea salt (that is not pure sodium) for let's say a 5h golf in the sun (7.5 g of pure sodium lost) wouldn't be so much. Not even at replacement levels probably.

It's an interesting topic, I researched this a while ago but will try to answer what I can.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Time to eat some bath salts?
I mentioned them to make the point that the sea's feel good effect isn't just the cold. Idk about eating them, but stop eating salt all together and you won't live very long.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I was listening to the Andy Frisella's podcast with Tim Grover.

They were attacking people who say "don't worry, you have time" to ambitious people. Tim then started to get emotional, and he brought up Kobe's death (because they were close) and then he said "you don't have time, you don't have time."

Life is a blessing and you have no idea when it will end - and it could end abruptly. Make the most of each F*cking day because you don't know how many of them you have left.

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
The CEO might be regretting this:

its just like when some client of a company who wanted to pay a graphic designer less amount of value because they think that graphic design is simply doing some keyboard strokes.

an example of Dunning-Krueger effect on a large scale

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My barely two year old just asked me to “order him a superstroke putter grip on Amazon” because he likes mine.

Order placed. On Amazon. :rofl:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
After months in a depressive slug, it seems like I kicked myself out of it by suing Meta/FB. Finally having fun again. I should do this more often :rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In general deal making… Go confidently.

No one wants the “please buy from me” wimp.

Treat the situation like you are doing them a favor by offering what you are and you will have better results.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
After months in a depressive slug, it seems like I kicked myself out of it by suing Meta/FB. Finally having fun again. I should do this more often :rofl:
Please tell!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The Titan submersible was designed very poorly, had obvious flaws, and the execution was terribly reckless. However, they were brave enough to do what nobody else thought was possible, and that is pretty damn inspiring. The founder even died for it.

These are the same kind of people as Elon Musk and the Wright brothers. I know it doesn't look that way right now, but it's true.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. It's really awful. That sort of device has to be built perfectly and held to the highest quality standards - and theirs was not. But literally nobody is exploring the depths of the ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
The Titan submersible was designed very poorly, had obvious flaws, and the execution was terribly reckless. However, they were brave enough to do what nobody else thought was possible, and that is pretty damn inspiring. The founder even died for it.

These are the same kind of people as Elon Musk and the Wright brothers. I know it doesn't look that way right now, but it's true.
Thats definitely an "interesting" take on the whole thing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
However, they were brave enough to do what nobody else thought was possible

Nothing wrong with dying for your cause, the problem is, when you recklessly kill others due to your zealotry.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Please tell!
A few months ago, Meta disabled my ad account without warning and without giving a reason, which also affects my brand's fb page, IG account, etc. Basically most of my work of the past 8+ years suddenly in danger and as close as a death sentence as it can get for the business, cutting revenue at least in half. I pestered them constantly through all channels, but it's basically impossible to reach a human there. Not even high level account managers could help. I felt (and still feel) like a complete failure for allowing me and the business to get into this position. It also coincided with a big project that I've been working on for 2 years going to shit, with a big personally guaranteed loan attached to it (not failed yet, but on the edge), serious personal health problems, etc. All this pushed my into some serious depression for a couple months. But today I woke up, for some reason thought "F*ck them" and called up some high profile attorneys to start legal action against Meta for the wrongful account restriction. I should have done this earlier because there seems to be a good chance of success after some recent court rulings here. But my depressed, brain-fogged past self wasn't able to do it.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A few months ago, Meta disabled my ad account without warning and without giving a reason, which also affects my brand's fb page, IG account, etc. Basically most of my work of the past 8+ years suddenly in danger and as close as a death sentence as it can get for the business, cutting revenue at least in half. I pestered them constantly through all channels, but it's basically impossible to reach a human there. Not even high level account managers could help. I felt (and still feel) like a complete failure for allowing me and the business to get into this position. It also coincided with a big project that I've been working on for 2 years going to shit, with a big personally guaranteed loan attached to it (not failed yet, but on the edge), serious personal health problems, etc. All this pushed my into some serious depression for a couple months. But today I woke up, for some reason thought "F*ck them" and called up some high profile attorneys to start legal action against Meta for the wrongful account restriction. I should have done this earlier because there seems to be a good chance of success after some recent court rulings here. But my depressed, brain-fogged past self wasn't able to do it.
Give them heck man!

I hope you get a massive settlement.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016

I'm not saying it's a good thing. It's really awful. That sort of device has to be built perfectly and held to the highest quality standards - and theirs was not. But literally nobody is exploring the depths of the ocean.

The thing is, people have been doing it successfully for 40 years without reinventing the wheel. James Cameron himself has done 33 dives to the Titanic with the Deepsea Challenger.

The CEO and the captain's arrogance killed them.

Deepsea-Challenger-shutterstock_2116900751.jpg

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016

Transfer your pixels and all other data you have to a new Business Manager and contact Httpool. They can supply you with an agency ad account with whitelisting for your niche and official rep support.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Transfer your pixels and all other data you have to a new Business Manager and contact Httpool. They can supply you with an agency ad account with whitelisting for your niche and official rep support.
Thanks, will keep it in mind.

I'll wait and see how the legal action plays out. If it fails I'll try stuff like that or just go pure black hat. Wanted to avoid that though, because of the implications on a future sale of the business.

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Just wow at the emojis and comments on the internet on the deaths of those people.

We truly live in a spiritually bankrupt world.

I’m going to light a candle for those that perished.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.