The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

locus-of-control.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I was watching a few YouTube vides on popular channels... most of them are 12 minutes of nothingness. There's 10-20s of something interesting happening, and 11m30s of "Yeah bro!"
They gotta hit that ten minute mark to appease youtube and the algo.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Just had a commercial real estate/construction company sign on with my commercial cleaning biz to do their offices. I need to work out some kind of referral offer, probably more along the lines of something they can offer to people that lease commercial property from them.

I had a look but didn't really see any threads about referral programs yet, @Andy Black have you seen anything? I'm happy to start a new one though.

Going to get started today on a book I've heard recommended before called the referral engine.

Screenshot_20221001-083851.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just had a commercial real estate/construction company sign on with my commercial cleaning biz to do their offices. I need to work out some kind of referral offer, probably more along the lines of something they can offer to people that lease commercial property from them.

I had a look but didn't really see any threads about referral programs yet, @Andy Black have you seen anything? I'm happy to start a new one though.

Going to get started today on a book I've heard recommended before called the referral engine.

View attachment 45334
I don't recall seeing a thread about referrals. Could easily have missed one of course.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Landlords should engage cleaning services to keep it consistent for the whole office building. Not the tenants. Hope this helps… but maybe it’s different for your particular situation.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Why on earth do people put "so scare" stickers on their vehicles? I see these at least once every time I am on the road.

Even my three year old knows that is not proper English.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I don't recall seeing a thread about referrals. Could easily have missed one of course.
I'll start one tonight. I saw one from Lex but it was a bit more about being a middleman for referrals which is a bit different.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Landlords should engage cleaning services to keep it consistent for the whole office building. Not the tenants. Hope this helps… but maybe it’s different for your particular situation.
Yeah it must be different here in Australia as I have commercial clients in buildings that have other offices leased separately that have their own cleaning or do it themselves.

Common areas are handled by the building manager/leaseholder though.

Majority of my clients though are not really in big office buildings but more like industrial estates. We don't do the factory floor or any machinery, just the office, bathroom, kitchen areas that the management are in.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Any good books to read with the lady? (biz/self dev).

We read The Great Rat Race Escape together and it was perfect, light but jam packed with lessons. Didn't want it to end!

Any ideas? (Light, easy read, but with hard-hitting lessons)
Maybe check these out:
  • "Built To Sell" by John Warrillow
  • "The Automatic Customer" by John Warrillow
  • "Anything You Want" by Derek Sivers
  • "Superfans" by Pat Flynn

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'll start one tonight. I saw one from Lex but it was a bit more about being a middleman for referrals which is a bit different.
I just remembered I have this on Audible. Not got through it...

Screenshot_20221001-015248.jpg

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Man, it is mind blowing how easy it is to get a decent website up. I’ve got more work ahead of me to clean up the template and make it actually usable (luckily I’ve got a small design in mind so I shouldn’t get bogged down) but this is already pretty decent.

Edit: Also, poor hosting companies are now wasting so much money on their advertising to me. Someone solve the issue of advertising reaching us after the purchase, please.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Was this forum down for a while? I was able to log in again just now.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
Was this forum down for a while? I was able to log in again just now.
I've had the same issue for a few hours.

@MJ DeMarco Any idea what happened? Guess it was due to your favorite software, Xenforo :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was watching a few YouTube vides on popular channels... most of them are 12 minutes of nothingness. There's 10-20s of something interesting happening, and 11m30s of "Yeah bro!"

My favorite is some electronic gadget and they spend 10m unboxing and fondling the package, and 30s explaining its use. "See here, we have the plastic it is in, nicely done. The cords are nicely tied with this string here, I might save that string. The design looks great, very intuitive and reflexive." OMFG, just open the damn thing up and use it!

I've had the same issue for a few hours.

@MJ DeMarco Any idea what happened? Guess it was due to your favorite software, Xenforo :rofl:

It is a recurring problem. Of course Xenforo will claim it isn't their problem, and my hosting environment will say it is the software. The issue is basically the Database keeps crashing and needs to be repaired.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
What do you do when you don't know what to do?

Pack a bag and go off road. Camp somewhere. Take a hit of weed. Tune in some classical music. Stare into the fire. Look up at the sky. And relax into being.

Wake up before the sun. Go for a hike. Sit down and watch the sunrise. Take out a notebook and write aimlessly. Anything that comes to you. And soon you'll begin to see the reflection of your being on the paper, in the words you write, in how you write.

This spiritual practice always helps me find myself. No matter what it is I might be struggling with, I can begin to see how I've been led astray, and how I can find my way back.

Feel free to hit me up if you want someone to talk to.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I think a quick fix could be to just stare at your wall until you realise something. It helped me often.
If that doesn't help, maybe try listening to emotional music (not pop music) or watch a movie/anime that'll let some feelings pass through you.
If I would only have 1 option to choose from, I'd go visit my fatherland/family.
I don't know your family situation but the last time I visited my family, I had an incredible experience.

Viel Glück!

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
It is a recurring problem. Of course Xenforo will claim it isn't their problem, and my hosting environment will say it is the software. The issue is basically the Database keeps crashing and needs to be repaired.
You may want to enable MySQL error log (if not already) and check it out when it happens again.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

You can solve a lot of problems and get a lot of ideas in ALPHA mode of meditation. It's basically between sleep and wakefulness. In fact, and entire cottage industry is founded on it in the Silva Mind Control Method.

I was a bit skeptical, but I've actually had some success solving problems and inducing creativity in this brief mode of relaxation.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
apparently even churches have CRMs

You can solve a lot of problems and get a lot of ideas in ALPHA mode of meditation. It's basically between sleep and wakefulness. In fact, and entire cottage industry is founded on it in the Silva Mind Control Method.

I was a bit skeptical, but I've actually had some success solving problems and inducing creativity in this brief mode of relaxation.

That https://silvamindecourse.com/what-is-alpha link gives a 404 but https://silvamindecourse.com/what-is-alpha? works

I think that Thomas Edison did something like this for ideas where he'd sit in a chair with a ball in his hand, then as he fell asleep the ball would drop and he'd wake up.

Last edited:

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I'm starting to see big drops in over-priced houses. This one dropped from $437k to $287k, -$150k in less than 1 month. The house is beat up, but the views are amazing.

fe4b39fb204a3bbbb90456dc165708b3l-b2508708698od-w1024_h768_x2.jpg
fe4b39fb204a3bbbb90456dc165708b3l-b3092532313od-w1024_h768_x2.jpg

Very nice views. Do you think the price decreases are mostly due to interest rates going up, people leaving the area, or folks having financial trouble? (Or something else?)

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Very nice views. Do you think the price decreases are mostly due to interest rates going up, people leaving the area, or folks having financial trouble? (Or something else?)
I think it is just too rural, and was way over-priced for the current economy. Out there, no jobs, no good internet, not much to do, but maybe fish. I also think in 30 years that whole place with be thriving, as the rest of America continues to slowly eat itself. The location of that house will be hard to beat, if that area develops.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
"The body should be treated more rigorously, that it may not be disobedient to the mind."- Seneca

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Do something that viscerally reminds you that you're going to die.

Visit a cemetery. Visit a place you almost died at. Read obituaries or memoirs of the dying.

Hell you could visit people in a nursing home and ask them what they regret about their lives (or what they don't regret).

Eventually you run out of time on this rock, and the better you understand this, the better you'll be able to understand what actually matters.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd_6b7rpeEI

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Sold in only 22 days (which is FAST for a home like this) and $2.3m under list. Canada isn't even at 6% rates...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 8.39.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 8.39.18 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Sold in only 22 days (which is FAST for a home like this) and $2.3m under list. Canada isn't even at 6% rates...
Problem with $10m+ homes is that the value is subjective. Some people build elaborate marble floors and other just focus on location and build a regular luxury spec. $2m +\- in a shit market for luxury isn’t bad. I bet luxury condominiums are suffering big.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.